Abel to Yzerman

Filip Zadina Is Injured

Anyone have any more information?

added 12:34pm,

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Red Wings prospect Filip Zadina is injured.

I assume he’s faking the injuries so that Helene doesn’t start her “Should the Wings trade Zadina?” story so soon after he starts heating up.

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 11/18/19 at 01:39 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

I was looking at the Griffin’s page on Saturday night to see the score and stats for that nights game. I noticed Zadina wasn’t listed. I thought maybe it was a typo. I went later that night to the Griffin’s Twitter site, and there was no mention of Zadina or him being scratched.??

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/18/19 at 02:22 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Yep DRD, he did not play but kind of unusual not many people are talking about it, and no sign of upper-body, lower-body injury.

I guess all we can do is wait.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/18/19 at 02:25 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

DRD
What’s up with the grapes?

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 11/18/19 at 02:25 PM ET

Paul's avatar

via Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press,

“I get the reports but I don’t want to comment on it further than that,” he said. “I know he was out. He was injured.”

Blashill did not say whether it is an upper- or lower-body injury, or how long Zadina will be out. The Griffins have not released any information on Zadina. The Griffins’ next game is Wednesday.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/18/19 at 02:32 PM ET

I know @GrGriffinsNest tweeted that he was in the building and was noticeably limping to quell the “OMG he’s getting traded!” takes saturday but haven’t seen any info on what happened when.

Posted by MZ2215 on 11/18/19 at 02:32 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Did a bit of digging around the Czech papers, nothing there either.

So we wait.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/18/19 at 03:17 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

What’s up with the grapes?

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit

Just my little way of paying tribute to Don Cherry. Without getting in to a whole political back and forth, I thought I would change the avatar as small salute….

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/18/19 at 03:29 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/18/19 at 03:29 PM ET

Cool idea

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 11/18/19 at 05:35 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I often use the poppy this time of year for a week or two, will change back to something else soon probably.

Posted by RWBill on 11/18/19 at 07:08 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/18/19 at 03:29 PM ET

Nice touch. You might be interested in Don Cherry’s podcast. It’s called the Grapevine. Drops Tuesday.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/18/19 at 07:12 PM ET

Hockeytown Wax's avatar

A Don Cherry podcast ... hmmm .. I wonder who thought of that idea ... I was thinking “Wrath of Grapes” would be better considering what Rogers did to him but oh well.

Posted by Hockeytown Wax from West Bloomfield, Mi. on 11/19/19 at 02:14 AM ET