Abel to Yzerman

Farewell To Okie…And We Have A Hole To Fill (Settle Down)

A big frigging thank you to Jeff for providing us the GDTs the last few years. I'd tell you, specifically, how many years it's been...but I'm feeling a little lazy.  Jeff stepped up just as I was stepping back and posting on a far less frequent basis. So the gap was closed in that respect.

But he's gone, because he's a lawyer and that's what lawyers do sometimes. Like Saul Goodman, but with better hair.  Barely.  But we need the game day threads. They've become staples and you know how we like us some staples.

Interested? Think about it.  We're going to need you for, let's see...108 games this season.  Do the math.

Want in?  Email me at wphoulihan at gmail.com.mil.gov.org...well, take the gov one out because it's shut down, probably. Take the .mil one out because that would be fraud, waste and abuse. Take the org out because it's exciting and stick with the com.

Oh, and when the Lions were up by 23 yesterday, or whatever it was...how many of you, like me, thought it was eerily similar to the last time we had a big lead on a Chicago team? RSV.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Zqto's avatar

I’m not a pharmascist, but wasnt that supposed to be 110 games?

Either that, or I didn’t get the joke, which is also probable…  lol

Posted by Zqto on 09/30/13 at 11:38 PM ET

....my money’s on 108,, unless you count preseason….

Posted by dingus from the salty great lake on 10/01/13 at 08:12 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

Teeeheeeheeee, holes to fill.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 10/01/13 at 09:01 AM ET

monkey's avatar

That’s what she said!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 10/01/13 at 12:47 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Teeeheeeheeee, holes to fill.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 10/01/13 at 09:01 AM ET

That’s right…fill em whore style!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/02/13 at 08:43 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Good God you people are juvenile!  Where have you been?

The Tiger’s LB is so tightly monitored and filtered you have to use an 8 to write ” What’s up, 8itches? ” , so I’m really looking forward to the start of hockey season, can’t believe it’s here!

Or, as Jesse Pinkman would say, “Heil Hitler, Bitch!”

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/02/13 at 10:21 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

And obtw, thanks again Jeff not only for the effort of getting information together and posted, but for providing us a thread all day long for us to worry and fret and go manic depressive while waiting for the game to get here.

Blogging is an unforgiving Bitch of a mistress.  It’s like Newman said about the mail when asked why postal workers go postal, “it never stops!”.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/02/13 at 10:25 AM ET

dougie's avatar

Jesse Pinkman is an emo loser, who will end up in Denver wearing a Divelanche sweater.

Sorry. Just knocking the rust off my off-topic posting skills.

Posted by dougie on 10/02/13 at 10:44 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Thanks to Jeff for all the hard work that was put in to making those threads. I haven’t checked here in a few days.. been highly busy with work and other bullshit. But I came on to read the thread.. and poof. :(

While I am not a blogger and definitely cannot do a thread.. I can provide links to the game. I know quite a few sites.. but I’m sure most of you do too.

I’ll be around for the live blog.

As Dave Chapelle would say as he is being Rick James:

It’s a Celebration, Bitches.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 10/02/13 at 11:26 AM ET