Abel to Yzerman

Every One Of You Needs To Skip This Live Blog, Because The “Streak” Ends Tonite

Don’t get all sad on me now.  It had to end some time.  You didn’t really expect the Wings to win every remaining home game on their schedule, did you?  That’s just crazy talk.  And there isn’t a single redolent one of you who doesn’t know precisely what I’m talking about.  This thing ends tonite.

Kulfan

The Blue Jackets are the worst team in the league with their 13-28-5 (31 points) record…They have the worst goal differential in the league (minus-41), allowing 152 goals while scoring 110. …The lone bright spot, as usual, is RW Rick Nash (16 goals, 16 assists).

Go on Rick.  Scoring when it matters the least.  Attababy.

So count it. Nash will be a monster and will register more shots shorthanded than the Wings will on the power play.

Steve Mason will be incredible and we’ll remember the days we wished he was our baby boy instead of Tiberius.  We’ll chuckle at that, though, because there isn’t a goalie in hockey I’d trade for F’ing Howard now or ever, ever.

The Wings will outshoot the BJs by a factor of 3-1 and will still lose by two goals.

Someone will explain to me the whole pencil joke from the other night and I still won’t understand it.

The Wings will lose this game because “trap” doesn’t even define it.  It’s a pit of quicksand mixed with baby shit, Ten High whiskey, vomitus and baby oil sweated off Gary Bettman’s back.

So yes, we’ll live blog it.  And we’ll be bitches while we do.  It’s just important that reality rule the evening.  Because there is no chance in holy hell we’re winning this thing.

There.  That do the trick?

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

stonehands-78's avatar

There.  That do the trick?

wITH OUT A DOUBT!!!

but I can’t resist:

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/21/12 at 07:34 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

The old fashioned anti-jinx, I like it Chief, well done.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 01/21/12 at 07:35 PM ET

Ahoy, Master Chief.

Looking more and more like I will indeed be here for the LB after all.

(Aaand Bobby Ryan drives the net like it’s nobody’s business; sort of wish a certain power forward #93 would do the same more often.)

Because there is no chance in holy hell we’re winning this thing.

Well, there’s a splash of happy sunshine, giggling babies, and ebullience [yeah, I so went there.].

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/21/12 at 07:39 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

No anti-jinx involved, just truth.

The Wings can beat the Hawks twice in a few days, but will lose to the BJ’s by at least two goals. It’s just how things work. Just as I never doubt the sun will rise in the east, so I have no doubts the Wings will face an inferior foe, and play more inferiorer…inferiorester…inferioroityer…

Remember way back in October, when Columbus was something like 0 and 1,569 to start the season? Who did they get their first win against? Yup, the Wings.

Much like a night with one of Happy’s Hookers, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 01/21/12 at 07:46 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I think I see what you’re doing here, Chief.

wink

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/21/12 at 08:02 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

There.  That do the trick?

Evenin’ Bitches.The streak doesn’t matter as much as the 2 points do.

In it to win it.

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/21/12 at 08:04 PM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 01/21/12 at 08:07 PM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

wow, it really didn’t look that big in the preview…... *clears throat* sry bout that, lgrw.

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 01/21/12 at 08:09 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I understand some of you have been experiencing slow loading of A2Y/KK, especially during a LB.

We are trying to find the issue and it sure would help if you get any type of error, to copy it or take a screenshot and send it my way at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

We have tried a few things but still are doing some tweaking and if the problem still exists, I ask that you please understand we are trying to fix it.

Thanks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/21/12 at 08:11 PM ET

Paul, I ran several tools to clear up my cache and clean up my laptop.  I’ve run Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool, Security Essentials, and McAfee AV Scan last night in preparation for tonight’s LB.  I’m hoping it’ll solve issues from my side.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/21/12 at 08:16 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

I read this when the Chief filed it earlier today, and I started getting angry…Until I read the last line, and I went, “There it is :facepalm: “

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 01/21/12 at 08:19 PM ET

Schmucks announcers think Sens’ Karlsson looks a lot like Lidstrom.

No.He.Doesn’t.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/21/12 at 08:24 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

We are screwed.  No way we are winning tonight even though we should - going away.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/21/12 at 08:26 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I will tell you the problem is most severe when using Firefox.  Chrome and IE seem to be quicker and again, we are trying to fix this problem and quickly too.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/21/12 at 08:30 PM ET

Copy that, Paul.  I’ve been using Chrome for the last several years (except for my online classes - those pukes still can’t bring their coding up to date) and I’m experiencing far fewer glitches.

A friend of mine is hard-core Safari and I don’t know the difference.  I have it on my laptop and maybe on another LB, I’ll test it.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/21/12 at 08:34 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

From the BJ’s hfboard:

The Wings have won like 15 straight games at home, will the mighty CBJ break up the streak? Tune into FSN at 7 to find out…then turn off the TV at 7:15 after the Wings have scored three goals in the first five minutes

they are as optimistic as i am

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/21/12 at 08:36 PM ET

You know what?  Since you’re asking for errors and glitches, Paul, I’ll try Safari right now.

brb.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/21/12 at 08:45 PM ET

I’m on Safari right now.  Let’s see how this browser goes.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/21/12 at 08:50 PM ET

FSD feed.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/21/12 at 08:54 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I use Chrome, and it has been slower than E-52 chasing a loose puck.  I pity the Firefox users.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/21/12 at 08:55 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

bj night.

man i really like when the wings play the bj’s. the more goals the wings score, the better it is for me. life is good for this married man.

would be nice if burt scored a goal tonight, get him to 300.

lgrw eh?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/21/12 at 08:57 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/21/12 at 08:58 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I pity the Firefox users.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/21/12 at 06:55 PM ET

Very slow.  Il’l try Chrome tonite.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/21/12 at 08:59 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/21/12 at 06:11 PM ET

Thanks Paul, I was wondering if it was just me the other night, but other pages were loading pretty well.  I use Mac Safari.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/21/12 at 09:02 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

as for an error, only once have i received an error code it was

504 Gateway Time-out

my understanding one gets this if one uses a proxy server, and as far as i know, i do not. ‘course being way out at the end stream of the gore, anything is possible.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/21/12 at 09:02 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Gawd that PP graphic will make you throw-up.  Awful.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/21/12 at 09:02 PM ET

dougie's avatar

My first LB from my very own man cave in nearly 2 years. “Houseguest”, ya know.

I spent all day reclaiming my turf, moving and removing furniture, making sure all the stuff hanging on the walls was manly again.

So I’m racking back with my Jameson, ready to watch the Wings in stunning 60 inch hi-def, my two dogs curled on the sofa beside me. All is well in my world.

So I figure we are getting ready to lose by 3 goals.

Posted by dougie on 01/21/12 at 09:03 PM ET

Mick’s analysis of the PP woes boils down to fundamentals.  So much truth.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/21/12 at 09:03 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The win this fuching game and fix this awful PP, Wink.

With a couple of warm-up Winks before hand.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/21/12 at 09:03 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Today in 1940; British destroyer HMS Exmouth, hunting U-boats in the Atlantic, was sunk by sub U-22. All 175 crew are dead.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/21/12 at 09:05 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I’m switched to Chrome and it seems to be loading faster than Firefox.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/21/12 at 09:05 PM ET

The power play goal has become so rare I’m going to start calling it the Yeti goal.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/21/12 at 09:06 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

BJs should never be annoying.  They just shouldn’t.

No LB for me tonight.  Enjoy the end of the streak.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/21/12 at 09:07 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

pregame song being sung.

trying to post this i received this error.

——-

Database Error: Unable to connect to your database. Your database appears to be turned off or the database connection settings in your config file are not correct. Please contact your hosting provider if the problem persists.

——-

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/21/12 at 09:08 PM ET

Posted by Valek on 01/21/12 at 07:06 PM ET

It’s Abominable.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/21/12 at 09:08 PM ET

Fuch.  I would love to be earning two checks from two teams.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/21/12 at 09:10 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Back to Firefox.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/21/12 at 09:11 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Nice Jr.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/21/12 at 09:11 PM ET

Not kidding.  I think I’m seeing the Wings play the Minnesota Wild.

Holy hell…

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/21/12 at 09:12 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/21/12 at 07:08 PM ET

Happened to me using Chrome.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!