Abel to Yzerman

Driven By A Mule

Paul here subbing for IwoCPO who emailed me earlier today, asking if I could post the live blog since he was about to lose web access.

So here I am, not dazzling you with my vanilla vocabulary but rather stating it is time to ride “The Mule”.

The Wings need a strong game from Franzen tonight and if so, everything else falls into place.

If not, someone unexpected will need to step up.

So enjoy this ‘late-nighter’ and you have my permission to take Friday off.

It’s a Live Blog bit****!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›      Next »

calquake's avatar

Randy Ladoucer, also known as “Who?”

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 02/02/12 at 10:50 PM ET

From what I remember of him, he was somewhere between Lilja and Dandenault skill wise… decent D-man but a 5th or 6th at best.  Anyone else?

Posted by calquake on 02/03/12 at 12:55 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

I chose living…

with Lisa Loeb if possible.

If not I’ll still take living but I won’t like it.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/03/12 at 12:55 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Venture Brothers is awesome, too bad there is always so much time between seasons.  Back on topic though, LGRW!

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/03/12 at 12:55 AM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Randy Ladoucer, also known as “Who?

Excellent 2nd pairing Dman in the ‘80s.  Asst. Coach in MTL now.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/03/12 at 12:56 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

And for the record….if you ever get the chance to go see “The Vagina Monologues”...and you don’t absolutely HAVE to unless it might mean you no longer get to see one…. I think I would’ve rather stayed home and watched two hours of the dryer making my clothes go round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round was that a dollar bill? and round and round and round…

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/03/12 at 12:57 AM ET

calquake's avatar

I hate to be a man-pig but I didn’t hear one word that woman in the grey cutoff sweat shirt in the Spratan commercial said…  something got in my eye.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/12 at 12:58 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ready bitches?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 12:59 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Excellent 2nd pairing Dman in the ‘80s.  Asst. Coach in MTL now.

Thanks.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 02/03/12 at 12:59 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by calquake on 02/02/12 at 10:58 PM ET

« Previous        1 2 3

Stupid internet feeds and no rewind…

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/03/12 at 12:59 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Excellent 2nd pairing Dman in the ‘80s.  Asst. Coach in MTL now.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from Victoria on 02/02/12 at 10:56 PM ET

Maybe I’m just remembering him from when he was with the Wings.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/12 at 01:00 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Stupid internet feeds and no rewind…

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/02/12 at 10:59 PM ET

Just remember my quote when they show it again.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/12 at 01:01 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Pavs is magical!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 01:01 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Well that power play managed to wear out the PK, but no net.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/03/12 at 01:01 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Wow…after that big hit on the end boards…do you think the building manager ought to go fight Kesler?  i mean that IS the Vancouver way…..

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/03/12 at 01:03 AM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

I was cheering alberta teams in the ‘80s, so I didnt’t get a great look.  Competent 10+ year career if memory serves.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/03/12 at 01:04 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Holy Smokes Rookie…

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/03/12 at 01:04 AM ET

Wings PP is really good….at creating momentum for the opponent.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/03/12 at 01:04 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Snark. I like it.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/03/12 at 01:05 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Quick pace here in the 2nd.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 01:05 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

White sure spins a lot.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 02/03/12 at 01:05 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Competent 10+ year career if memory serves.

Well put.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/12 at 01:06 AM ET

If we decline 10 PP’s in a row can we get an automatic 5 on 3 for the 11th?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/03/12 at 01:07 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Put the Circus together for this PP. It has worked in the past. Eh?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 01:07 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Just showed up…interesting replays. Z spears Kesler, Kesler goes for the season-ending injury. Fuch that guy.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/03/12 at 01:07 AM ET

calquake's avatar

White sure spins a lot.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 02/02/12 at 11:05 PM ET

Winter Olympics only 2 years away!

Posted by calquake on 02/03/12 at 01:07 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

we need a pp foal.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/03/12 at 01:07 AM ET

Sullyosis's avatar

This Red Wings powerplay brought to you by:

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 02/03/12 at 01:08 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Time to make them pay for serious this time.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/03/12 at 01:08 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I love Gordie!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 01:08 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Put the Circus together for this PP. I

They’ve been together on the PP since a week-ish before the ASG. Hasn’t helped much unfortunately.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/03/12 at 01:09 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Hmmm;...shots from the blue line.  Well I guess when you need to change things up that’s one way to do it.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/03/12 at 01:09 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Come on Wings! Get this PP monkey off your back. NOW!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 01:10 AM ET

Stevis's avatar

Nothing on breakaways.  Nothing on power plays.  I’m going to regret staying up for this by the end, aren’t I?

Posted by Stevis on 02/03/12 at 01:11 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Well that was uninspiring.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/03/12 at 01:11 AM ET

Seems like Kesler just goes flying into every scrum flailing like a monkey on crack.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/03/12 at 01:13 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Can we decline powerplays?

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 02/03/12 at 01:13 AM ET

calquake's avatar

I’m going to regret staying up for this by the end, aren’t I?

Posted by Stevis on 02/02/12 at 11:11 PM ET

Maybe not.  I’m pretty pleased with their play so far… but then again I live in Cali.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/12 at 01:14 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/03/12 at 01:15 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

… but then again I live in Cali.

Some winter we’re having…

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/03/12 at 01:15 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

3 on 1 and the pass is to E, gotta second guess that choice.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/03/12 at 01:16 AM ET