Abel to Yzerman

Driven By A Mule

Paul here subbing for IwoCPO who emailed me earlier today, asking if I could post the live blog since he was about to lose web access.

So here I am, not dazzling you with my vanilla vocabulary but rather stating it is time to ride “The Mule”.

The Wings need a strong game from Franzen tonight and if so, everything else falls into place.

If not, someone unexpected will need to step up.

So enjoy this ‘late-nighter’ and you have my permission to take Friday off.

It’s a Live Blog bit****!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

TheRealYooper's avatar

oh, boy, i have waited all day for this game. shakin’ in my booots, and sweating buckets of water. tonight has all the feeling of a biggest playoff game we have seen all year. ‘cept maybe the games against the bbbb.

a win tonight will go a long way to calming my upset stomach, and will allow me to cut down on the number of tums (can afford the high price stuff, by the family dollar brand) i consume each day.

game on bitches.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/02/12 at 11:08 PM ET

Love you Paul, Go Wings!

Posted by Jasper on 02/02/12 at 11:08 PM ET

Sullyosis's avatar

and you have my permission to take Friday off.

You sound like Mike Babcock before a Friday game.

LGRW bitches! And Feed the Mule!

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 02/02/12 at 11:11 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Friday off . Thanx Emperor.
Will catch up with the L-bee way later tonight. Have a 10:15 game myself. We suck so bad we have a goal differencial of -19 after only 3 games.  Have a great time tonight with a hopeful winning conclusion. GO WINGS and GO CHIEFS

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/02/12 at 11:22 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Just about to walk down the street to the arena.  Hoping to see a big time effort tonight.  A mule sighting would be nice.

LGRW!!!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/02/12 at 11:26 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Hey there 19.

I won’t be catching the game tonight, not even a bit of it.

Two Mays ago (not Brad and Jeff, the month) on the 19th (fitting) I welcomed a beautiful baby girl into this world.  And tomorrow morning I’ll be getting up at dark-o-thirty to get around and head up to the hospital to welcome another beautiful baby girl into this world.

So with the late start time and early rising, I’ll be crashing early tonight (because tomorrow’s gonna’ be a long day obviously).

So do me a favor?  Make fun of Bertuzzi when he takes a moronic penalty, laugh at Luongo when he lets in a bad goal or seven, and marvel for me when Hudler somehow scores again….

LGRW.

Posted by Primis on 02/02/12 at 11:28 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

I’m sure most of that can be accomplished, also congratulations. But I’m not making fun of Bertuzzi, I don’t have a death wish like some people.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/02/12 at 11:32 PM ET

HockeyFanOhio's avatar

Posted by Primis on 02/02/12 at 09:28 PM ET

Congrats!  Let’s celebrate with a Wings Win!

Posted by HockeyFanOhio from Central Ohio on 02/02/12 at 11:34 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s a Live Blog bit****!

Thanks Paul.

Evenin’ Bitches. Mule does need to get er going. If not, maybe we can have the Moose do it for him.

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/02/12 at 11:38 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

head up to the hospital to welcome another beautiful baby girl into this world.

i only made it to my first child’s birth, the next two i had to work, hay ten bucks is ten bucks. (bob and doug mckenzie reference) seen one seen them all. and i hear the kid don’t even know if you are there or not.

do what you have to, i mean your the one that will have to live with the mother. (i am guessing here that you are/will continue to far into the foreseeable future.)

it would be a hard choice, watch a red wings game, or sleep and be with the wife during the birth of our child.

one question. what if tonight was game seven of the cup finals?

game on bitches

lgrw

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/02/12 at 11:38 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Primis on 02/02/12 at 09:28 PM ET

Congratulations Primis, to you and your better half. Good luck and all the best.

Lets Go Mrs.Primis!!!!!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/02/12 at 11:44 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Good evening, bitches.

I won’t be joining in the fun tonight but I wish firetrucks, puppies, and hookers unto thee.

Now, where did that pussy pot run off to?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/02/12 at 11:48 PM ET

Primis's avatar

one question. what if tonight was game seven of the cup finals?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/02/12 at 09:38 PM ET

Then we’d ALL be in trouble indeed, if Game 7 of the Cup Finals was on Groundhog Day.  Sounds like a Gary Bettman idea….

In all seriousness, there’s some… effort… there put into place so that can’t happen.  Last Game 7 in a Cup Finals I made my wife and kids go get food without me so I could watch through to the end.

Posted by Primis on 02/02/12 at 11:48 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Congratulations Primis.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 02/02/12 at 11:49 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I am thankful for Ken. And Murph? Is already hammered.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 12:02 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by Primis on 02/02/12 at 09:28 PM ET

Congrats.  And unto us, a Red Wings fan is born.  I hope you have time for a newborn baby/victory cigar!

LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/03/12 at 12:03 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Dan Cleary been injured kinda for 8 weeks, you’d think if he just got it fixed it wouldn’t have affected him this long.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/03/12 at 12:04 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Evenin bitches. Let the Nuckleheads get physical. It only makes the Wings angry.

Thanks for the LB, Paul.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/03/12 at 12:04 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

pregame songs being sung

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/03/12 at 12:06 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Here..

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 02/03/12 at 12:06 AM ET

Trish's avatar

LGRW

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 02/03/12 at 12:08 AM ET

Sullyosis's avatar

I was reading “The Handmaid’s Tale” during intermissions and before the Calgary game…and we won. I shall do the same tonight.

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 02/03/12 at 12:08 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

I like that Luongo has had 9 days off, hopefully he’s rusty.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/03/12 at 12:09 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

so we are playing tonight’s game in ‘da cable box’ eh?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/03/12 at 12:09 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Serously, stop mentioning Livonia native. He’s divorced himself from the state and so we no longer care.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/03/12 at 12:09 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Gonna be a quite live blog tonight, judging by the amount of people who said they’d be gone.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/03/12 at 12:09 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Its going to be tough hanging around tonite but I will try my best. I have the privilege of taking care of my sweet little Grandson tomorrow.

He does not understand the words tired or old.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 12:09 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/03/12 at 12:10 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Flip hooked, no penalty much less the free throw.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/03/12 at 12:10 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Looked like Flip faked out himself.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/03/12 at 12:10 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Gotta bury that one Fil.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/03/12 at 12:10 AM ET

Sullyosis's avatar

Mule gets fed, coughs it up. Not tonight, Mule!

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 02/03/12 at 12:11 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Essh, Stu not moving well tonite.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/03/12 at 12:12 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Detroit Rock City in Vancouver?

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/03/12 at 12:12 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

It’s official. wings have a new breakout plan

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/03/12 at 12:13 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Jimmah is living dangerously.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 12:13 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Dang.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/03/12 at 12:14 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Since when does Luongo do that???

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 02/03/12 at 12:14 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

did i read right? it’s berts birthday?  i think he’s 28

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/03/12 at 12:14 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

2 missed breakaways either bodes well for how poor they are playing defensively or will bite them in the ass for not converting.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/03/12 at 12:14 AM ET