Abel to Yzerman

Down. Set. Vomit.

This is where we'll be all year.  A couple games of optimism, followed by episodes creating circumstances leading to massive, violent expulsion of bodily fluids that may or may not require hospital visits or at least plane rides with Jiri Hudler.

So, yes.  I'm a little ill. My tumbly is rumbly.

But not about the Wings. Oh no.

I don't know if I, or my family...to include my dogs Arleigh Burke and Bos'n, or my cat, Haze Grey...can handle another loss to Ohio.

I'm serious.

It's too much. I can't even think about the Wings right now. Do I want them to win tonight? Yes.

Do I think they will? I don't have the capacity for that kind of clarity to consider it

I need a Michigan win tomorrow.

I effing need it.

LGRW, FKHASAP and LET'S GO BLUE.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

calquake's avatar

It’s a great Black Friday evening for a hockey game.  L.G.R.W.

And, oh yeah… the Lions suck.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 11/24/17 at 06:37 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

And, oh yeah… the Lions suck.

How true, but they are now approaching year 61 of the rebuilding program. LOL  Now the Red Wings need two points tonight. Who knows they might actually play well tonight. Hoping. confused

Posted by bigfrog on 11/24/17 at 06:44 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I need a Michigan win tomorrow.

ditto

Go Blue!

... and, well

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/24/17 at 06:47 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I hope all 19 of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving… or, to the folks from the rest of the world that grace this fine blog, a nice Thursday!

Let’s get this one, boys. Tonight is not the time for failing. LGRW!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 11/24/17 at 06:49 PM ET

calquake's avatar

How true, but they are now approaching year 61 of the rebuilding program.

Dear Creator of the Universe: Please don’t let that happen to our beloved Wings.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 11/24/17 at 06:53 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches!  Imma hoping for Mantha to score a few and shut Blashill’s pie hole for a while. Who draws up the game plan? Eh?
Win as a Team. Lose as a Team. Don’t be such a bitch and call oot one guy.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/24/17 at 06:56 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hejsan allesammans !!

plane rides with Jiri Hudler… ha ha ha   LOL  LOL

I believe !!!  Let’s Go Red Wings   clap clap clap

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 11/24/17 at 06:57 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

they are now approaching year 61 of the rebuilding program.

It’s funny and sad, all at the same time. LOL  downer

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/24/17 at 07:01 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Funny how Blash doesn’t find good things to talk about. If there wasn’t anything good to talk about then the whole team sucked so call them all out then.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 11/24/17 at 07:05 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Oh yeah - Evenin’ Bitches.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 11/24/17 at 07:06 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 11/24/17 at 07:07 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I’m ok with blash calling oot mantha
and mantha appears to have accepted it in the interviews since

... now the kid needs to prove he’s a leader

and the team will be better for it

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/24/17 at 07:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Ahoy, Bitches!

Posted by RWBill on 11/24/17 at 07:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

If you guessed I making a turkey sandwich on multigrain sandwich thins, you’re right. How old is this canola mayonnaise? There must be a date stamp. There it is, it says 11 August 15. This can’t possibly be 2 1/2 years old ?

Posted by RWBill on 11/24/17 at 07:11 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Seeing Blashill’s clip on Mantha in the pregame really, really pisses me off all over again.  Fuching coward, he is.  Fuching coward who only calls out young kids, even while the vets are the ones in the corner eating paste and jamming Cheetos in their ears.  That’s a total piece of sh*t move.

I fear that tonight will be when the team decides to give up and just see if they can lose out until Blashill gets the axe.  I’m going to fear that now every single game until he does get fired I guess.

This is what being a Wings fan is now.  It’s not the losing, it’s the dysfunctional hopelessness accompanying it.  I don’t mind losing if there’s a plan.

I need a Michigan win tomorrow.

You’ll be needing a different coach before tomorrow then.  Harbaugh is all bark and no bite in the big games.

LGRW.  Don’t let Brendan Smith get the better of you.

Posted by Primis on 11/24/17 at 07:12 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

smiity to the box?

same-ol’ same-ol’

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/24/17 at 07:17 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Mantha accepts it 100%.  Maybe you should.

Posted by RWBill on 11/24/17 at 07:18 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Sure it can. Especially if it’s the “Sam N’ Ella” brand.  cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 11/24/17 at 07:18 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Smith doing what Smith does best.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 11/24/17 at 07:18 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Posted by ilovehomers on 11/24/17 at 07:18 PM ET

That could be the headline of any blog post between 2011 and 2017. I know that one specifically without needing to click, but Smith took quite a few stupid penalties during his time here.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 11/24/17 at 07:21 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Mantha accepts it 100%.  Maybe you should.

Posted by RWBill on 11/24/17 at 07:18 PM ET

The Wings performance of late says otherwise.  The team’s kids sure seem sick of this sh*t.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 11/24/17 at 07:21 PM ET

How on earth could anyone remember a specific time?  So many of them all just run together in memory.  It seems like it was every single game…

Posted by Primis on 11/24/17 at 07:23 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Rangers look like they’re on the PP.

Posted by Primis on 11/24/17 at 07:24 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

booth is a good guy
glad to see him on the squad

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/24/17 at 07:32 PM ET

calquake's avatar

booth is a good guy
glad to see him on the squad

Concur.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 11/24/17 at 07:33 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

That’s not good for Daley

Posted by ilovehomers on 11/24/17 at 07:35 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

daley

this don’t look good ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/24/17 at 07:35 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

That was inevitable

Posted by Hootinani from the parade following Babs out of town on 11/24/17 at 07:35 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

Or the team.

Posted by ilovehomers on 11/24/17 at 07:35 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Whelp.

Good thing they dressed 7 dmen.

Posted by Primis on 11/24/17 at 07:36 PM ET

Primis's avatar

LOL Smith.

Posted by Primis on 11/24/17 at 07:39 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

Smith to the box AGAIN. LOL.

Posted by ilovehomers on 11/24/17 at 07:40 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

smiity to the box?

same-ol’ same-ol’

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand again

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/24/17 at 07:41 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

That’s not good for Daley

Agreed. It looked like a shoulder problem. I had a shoulder dislocation when I played football in High School. It doesn’t take much, just a hit from the wrong angle. sick

Posted by bigfrog on 11/24/17 at 07:43 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

SHOOT

Posted by ilovehomers on 11/24/17 at 07:44 PM ET

Alan's avatar

The most powerless power play of the year so far, I think.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 11/24/17 at 07:46 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Ugggh, blown opportunity because everyone just passed….

Posted by Primis on 11/24/17 at 07:47 PM ET

damndog's avatar

Good evening bitches!
Go Wings!

Posted by damndog from The Eastside of Detroit on 11/24/17 at 07:48 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Love it. 3 chances passed up point blank in the slot, but they’ll throw that shit at the net. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Posted by Hootinani from the parade following Babs out of town on 11/24/17 at 07:48 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar