Abel to Yzerman

Do You Have The Fire Down Below?

Because that’s what will be required tonite.  I see overtime in our immediate future and all that does is suck.

Your tax dollars have done me no favors this week as comms off the warship have been non-existent.  And I don’t have the right kind of thumbs to post consistently from my phone.  This serves as an exception.

OT tonite.  Guaranteed.

Also: a belated thanks to all who showed up for last weekend’s west coaster.  Game 6 may be a redux.

Live blog it bitches.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

monkey's avatar

Philly rests and waits for DC.

They can keep the squirrelly little *#$%@&.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/23/10 at 11:43 PM ET

Lola's avatar

So who else caught American Hero Ryan Miller (tm) wrestling with Satan?  To be fair, it was Miro Satan, but it was pretty entertaining.

I’m starting to feel the gut-wrenching feeling.  Goodie.  Let’s go Red Wings.

Posted by Lola from down by the bay on 04/23/10 at 11:44 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Philly rests and waits for DC.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/23/10 at 09:41 PM ET

The Douche Canoe is taking on a whole hockey team?  I guess dreams do come true.  Good for you Pierre McGuire!  Good for you!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/23/10 at 11:44 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Everybody is up and ready for tonight. I’m going to have “late game lag” tomorrow. It’s worth it.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/23/10 at 11:45 PM ET

LGRW

that is all

Posted by selke13 on 04/23/10 at 11:45 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Just finished mowing the lawn after a bad ass batting practice.
Lets Go Red Wings.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 on 04/23/10 at 09:39 PM ET

You MOwed the lawn.  Buwahhahahahahaha.

I love a good pun.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/23/10 at 11:46 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Habs win.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/23/10 at 11:46 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Do You Have The Fire Down Below?

Yes but since I started taking VALTREX, it’s gone into remission,

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/23/10 at 11:47 PM ET

monkey's avatar

You MOwed the lawn.  Buwahhahahahahaha.

What about the ass batting?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/23/10 at 11:47 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I love a good pun.

Me too, tell me when you find one.

(I keed)

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/23/10 at 11:47 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

What about the ass batting?

Posted by monkey from bat country on 04/23/10 at 09:47 PM ET

Wow, batting using my hands is hard enough…

Posted by pgoody on 04/23/10 at 11:48 PM ET

cainer4wingsglory's avatar

Enough fuching around, it’s time for the Red Wings to get that poison out of their system. Let it all hang out.

Posted by cainer4wingsglory on 04/23/10 at 11:49 PM ET

Evenin’ bitches. Here’s to watching game five whilst taking cold meds and liquor. All the (sick) kids are doing it.

Go Wings!

Posted by Aphaea from Pennsylvania on 04/23/10 at 11:50 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

What about the ass batting?

Sorry, must be the Cobb salad.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/23/10 at 11:50 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Posted by Stevie Y did you leave us? on 04/23/10 at 09:50 PM ET

Garbage can anyone?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/23/10 at 11:51 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

I’m blaming Bettman for a lose, how about you guys?

Shut your whore mouth.  Wings will win Game 5.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/23/10 at 11:51 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

I’m blaming Bettman for a lose, how about you guys?

Posted by Stevie Y did you leave us? on 04/23/10 at 09:50 PM ET

Thats the why hockey goes…

Posted by pgoody on 04/23/10 at 11:51 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Psssssssssttttt, guys, that’s a troll…

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/23/10 at 11:52 PM ET

cainer4wingsglory's avatar

I hope this game is a more convincing win than game 5 vs. Nashville two years ago.

Posted by cainer4wingsglory on 04/23/10 at 11:53 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

I noticed after I replied.

Stupid trolls, dicks are for chicks.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/23/10 at 11:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

What broadcast team is versass going to use?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/23/10 at 11:54 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I’m blaming Bettman for a lose, how about you guys?

I’ll blame the gremlins.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/23/10 at 11:54 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

I hope its more convincing than Dinosaur bones vs Religion…

Posted by pgoody on 04/23/10 at 11:54 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

I hope it’s a full on ass batting!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/23/10 at 11:54 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I love a good ass batting.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/23/10 at 11:55 PM ET

no seriously, datsyuk really could have been born with skates on.. check out the tears goin’ down his shorts tonight.

Posted by brad on 04/23/10 at 11:55 PM ET

Bhernhard Bhudznev's avatar

I want to see a STATEMENT Game….

STFU to all the Norris voters,  STFU to all of the “too old” crowd.  Let them know the road out of the West still to goes through the JOE.

LGRW

Let them know your there!

Posted by Bhernhard Bhudznev from Traverse City, MI on 04/23/10 at 11:56 PM ET

cainer4wingsglory's avatar

The versus guys that called the Habs game were actually OK

Posted by cainer4wingsglory on 04/23/10 at 11:56 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

I love a good ass batting.

That’s what SHE said.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/23/10 at 11:56 PM ET

pilgrim's avatar

Thats the why hockey goes…

Posted by pgoody from the 2nd season, 2010, Howard’s run… on 04/23/10 at 09:51 PM ET

Good.

“I have the feeling that drinking is a form of suicide where you’re allowed to return to life and begin all over the next day.”

So bottoms up, bitches.

Posted by pilgrim from the ice at the bottom of the world on 04/23/10 at 11:57 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Tonight’s pre-game beverage: North Coast Brewing “ACME” IPA…

ACME, very apropos for the Coyotes dontcha think?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/23/10 at 11:57 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Is it just me or is Bill Patrick a fuchin fox! owwwwwwww!

Posted by pgoody on 04/23/10 at 11:57 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Doan out.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/23/10 at 11:58 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

According to Malik on Twitter, no Doan.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/23/10 at 11:58 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Normally I go for Molson Canadian or Mosshead on game nights,

I went full boat and popped for Stella Artois tonight,

STELLA !!!!!!!!!!!  The best beer in the world.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/23/10 at 11:59 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

I love a good ass batting.

Hardly ever had a bad one.  Okay there was that one time, but I have vowed never to speak of it.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/23/10 at 11:59 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Don’t bothern with sources, JJ. Valuable 5 seconds.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/23/10 at 11:59 PM ET

pilgrim's avatar

Damn.

Felt like time was standing still waiting for this game.

And then I realized that my windows explorer bar froze and the clock hasn’t changed for 15 minutes.

Ah, Windows…

Posted by pilgrim from the ice at the bottom of the world on 04/24/10 at 12:00 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Don’t bother with sources, JJ. Valuable 5 seconds.

Didn’t want Bill Houston to call me a coward.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/24/10 at 12:00 AM ET