Abel to Yzerman

Do You Have The Fire Down Below?

Because that’s what will be required tonite.  I see overtime in our immediate future and all that does is suck.

Your tax dollars have done me no favors this week as comms off the warship have been non-existent.  And I don’t have the right kind of thumbs to post consistently from my phone.  This serves as an exception.

OT tonite.  Guaranteed.

Also: a belated thanks to all who showed up for last weekend’s west coaster.  Game 6 may be a redux.

Live blog it bitches.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Getting Rush tickets tomorrow. Hoping Neil Peart does the HNIC Theme.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/23/10 at 11:14 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Got one of you peeing in Lebda’s locker?

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/23/10 at 09:05 PM ET

Sadly, no. I was affraid what he might do when I lower my pants.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/23/10 at 11:14 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Let’s get ready to RUMMMMMMM-BEAR!

* snicker *

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/23/10 at 11:15 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Mmmmm, rum.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/23/10 at 11:18 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Mmmmm, bear.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/23/10 at 11:19 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

so there are more jerseys in my future!!!
Go WINGS!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s chair on 04/23/10 at 09:12 PM ET

My next one is definitely going to be Homer. I’m quite happy with #13 for now.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/23/10 at 11:19 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

J.J. doesn’t just think outside the box, he burned the box and pissed on its ashes.

Posted by monkey from bat country on 04/23/10 at 09:14 PM ET

Did you get that one off one of those Chuck Norris websites and just substituted “J.J”. for “Chuck Norris”?

J.J. does not hunt because the word hunting implies the possibilty of failure. J.J. goes killing.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/23/10 at 11:20 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Mmmmm, bop.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/23/10 at 11:20 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Sadly, no. I was affraid what he might do when I lower my pants.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/23/10 at 09:14 PM ET

Tee hee.  I LOL’d.

I could get used to this.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/23/10 at 11:22 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Mmmmm, bop.

Touché.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/23/10 at 11:22 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/23/10 at 09:20 PM ET

+Death. Fracking killer. Nicely put.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/23/10 at 11:22 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Bout time for a game methinks.

Watchin a couple of dogs for a buddy in Lansing so no scrounging for a feed tonite. I get a fancy TV and FSD instead. Awesome.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/23/10 at 11:22 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...19 Straight Years In the Playoffs… on 04/23/10 at 09:06 PM

That peanuts pshop is the funniest one yet. Love the butters signature. Mixing peanuts and south park intentionally?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/23/10 at 11:23 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Kierkegaard?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/23/10 at 09:10 PM ET

No, No, ZETTERBERG!! Lets Go Red WINGS!!! Stanley has a cup just for you!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/23/10 at 11:24 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

do_you_have_the_fire_down_below/

Yes, but I think they make an ointment for it.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/23/10 at 11:26 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Maybe there should be a Chuck Norris Trophy.

Lidstrom would have to win that one.

After all, Lidstrom’s tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/23/10 at 11:26 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Kierkegaard?

How about Descartes?

I think, therefore I am a Wings fan.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/23/10 at 11:27 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Buffalo wins.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/23/10 at 11:28 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Cap’n - I do belive that was the intent.  I can’t claim to be the creator of that one though so I’m guessing that was the case.  They are just too good not to share.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/23/10 at 11:28 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Descartes

Hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/23/10 at 11:28 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Wow, so Dilbert today is relevant.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/23/10 at 11:31 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Hey JJ, I thought you might like this pic.

And I also heard that crop circles are just JJ’s way of saying that sometimes corn need to lie the fuch down.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/23/10 at 11:32 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

FSD says Doan spotted in street clothes….anybody seen any other info?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/23/10 at 11:32 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Getting Rush tickets tomorrow. Hoping Neil Peart does the HNIC Theme.
Posted by Kate from Pa. on 04/23/10 at 09:14 PM ET

WOW, RUSH, that will definetly be a GOOD time!

And…

My next one is definitely going to be Homer. I’m quite happy with #13 for now.
Posted by Kate from Pa. on 04/23/10 at 09:19 PM ET

Awesome and #13 - Datsyuk is pure magic on the ice, I think he was born with ice skates on.

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/23/10 at 11:32 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

When did NIghtmare on Helm Street start getting all big with TV commercials..

Posted by pgoody on 04/23/10 at 11:33 PM ET

monkey's avatar

FSD says Doan spotted in street clothes….anybody seen any other info?

Well, after he broke out of the asylum, he would have needed fresh clothes.  He probably rolled a bum.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/23/10 at 11:33 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Scrum at the end of the Buf/Bos game?

Shennanigans?

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/23/10 at 11:34 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Hey JJ, I thought you might like this pic.

I had nightmares after I first saw that, but I love that pic.  If you really dig on Busey, you can follow him* on Twitter @GaryJBusey.

*not really him.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/23/10 at 11:34 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s chair on 04/23/10 at 09:32 PM ET

That had to frigging hurt.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/23/10 at 11:35 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Do You Have The Fire Down Below?

Yes but it also could be the habanero salsa I had on my cheeseburger at lunch.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/23/10 at 09:08 PM ET

Do You Have The Fire Down Below?

Yes, but it only flares up every other month or so…

Posted by pgoody on 04/23/10 at 11:37 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

JFC, you bitches scare me and excite me at the same time.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/23/10 at 11:38 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s chair on 04/23/10 at 09:32 PM ET

That had to frigging hurt.

Posted by ITDeuce from It’s Franzen time! on 04/23/10 at 09:35 PM ET

I was just going to say that… Oh well, I guess it explains the shape of his head.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/23/10 at 11:38 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

That had to frigging hurt.
Posted by ITDeuce from It’s Franzen time! on 04/23/10 at 09:35 PM ET

HAHAHAHA, Don’t you know that woman are awesome, especially those Russian Momma’s!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/23/10 at 11:39 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Just finished mowing the lawn after a bad ass batting practice.
Lets Go Red Wings.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/23/10 at 11:39 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Habs about to stay alive…......1:00 left and Habs on TMMOI PP.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/23/10 at 11:39 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

do_you_have_the_fire_down_below/

Yes, but I think they make an ointment for it.

Posted by RWBill from The bar on The Hasek. v00x! Hurry up Bitch! on 04/23/10 at 09:26 PM ET

Do You Have The Fire Down Below?

Yes but it also could be the habanero salsa I had on my cheeseburger at lunch.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/23/10 at 09:08 PM ET

Do You Have The Fire Down Below?

Yes, but it only flares up every other month or so…

Posted by pgoody on 04/23/10 at 11:39 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

Montreal lives to fight another day.  Philly rests and waits for DC.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/23/10 at 11:41 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Getting Rush tickets tomorrow. Hoping Neil Peart does the HNIC Theme.
Posted by Kate from Pa. on 04/23/10 at 09:14 PM ET
WOW, RUSH, that will definetly be a GOOD time!

I saw’em in the old Montreal Forum on the Roll the Bones tour.
Absolutely. Awesome.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/23/10 at 11:41 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Do You Have The Fire Down Below?

Yes,  I keep the garbage can on standby.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/23/10 at 11:42 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Suffice to say, one way or another we have the fire down below!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/23/10 at 11:42 PM ET