Abel to Yzerman

Do You Deserve This Dynasty?

Mike Milbury said before Game 6 that the Wings were professional closers, that few teams had the ability to finish a series like Detroit.

He either lied or he’s just simple.  Three straight games with a chance to slice a jugular.  Three straight episodes of disgust.

If the Wings want this dynasty, they win tonite.

If they are desperate instead of self-righteous, they win.

If they are quietly contemplating another wasted opportunity and feeling bile start to creep, they win.

And if they lose?  To this team?  Then they don’t deserve your stress.  Not this year.

Drink up if you have to.  Game 7s suck ass and we know that better than anyone.  Here’s hoping the trend stops now.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

monkey's avatar

I’m switching to a 40 of Steel Reserve, the PBR isn’t cutting it.

Oh lord here it comes…

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/27/10 at 10:53 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

Before most of the 19 is in the fetal position and isolated in front of their TVs/computer screens/hookahs/toilet bowl:

I just want you all to know it’s been a hell of a ride this season.  You are all top notch Bitches; the cream of the Bitch crop.  Regardless of the outcome, it’s been an honor to blog, drink, and barf alongside you.

TONIGHT WE BARF IN HELL

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/27/10 at 10:54 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I was clam this afternoon. Now the energy is picking up. Lets finish this.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/27/10 at 10:54 PM ET

monkey's avatar

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a Steel Reserve binge.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/27/10 at 10:54 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/27/10 at 08:54 PM ET

I was oyster.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/27/10 at 10:55 PM ET

justin13's avatar

I haven’t been this nervous since attending a cockfight down in Mud Lick, Tennessee, a few years ago.

Thought the Preds played in Nashville.

Posted by justin13 from Boulder on 04/27/10 at 10:55 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Obviously you didn’t see the officiating in last year’s Finals.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/10 at 10:55 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste. Marie on 04/27/10 at 08:53 PM ET

So, uh….... what does it feel like that first time ya bump up against the uh….opponent, in a cockfight? wink

Posted by dougie on 04/27/10 at 10:56 PM ET

Lola's avatar

Man, is there gonna be anyone in here tonight?  Or is everyone going to be curled up in the corner?

Posted by stayouttamalibu from Temporarily in Tempe, AZ on 04/27/10 at 08:45 PM ET

Do we have to pick?

I experienced my first-ever loss at the Joe on Sunday. It was painful. Luckily I had a few other girls from H2H to lean on, so we went to Greektown and drowned our sorrows in delicious baked goods.  There would have been drinking if we weren’t all headed back to far-flung areas of the state that night.

Does anybody else have to remind themselves to breathe?  Gah.

Posted by Lola from down by the bay on 04/27/10 at 10:56 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Jizz in my pants…

Posted by pgoody on 04/27/10 at 10:56 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Sounds like a real sausage fest.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/27/10 at 10:56 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Godspeed 19.  I’m gonna go and burn 6500 anxiety calories.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/27/10 at 10:56 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I was oyster.

Damnit, see what I mean?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/27/10 at 10:56 PM ET

pilgrim's avatar

TONIGHT WE BARF IN HELL

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/27/10 at 08:54 PM ET

Hear, hear, bitches.

I’ve been chewing tinfoil all day.

Posted by pilgrim from the ice at the bottom of the world on 04/27/10 at 10:57 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

they have no choice but to win. i need them to win. it’s part of the master plan.

being down here in texas, i see very few hockey fans, but after the finals last year, i’m driving to block buster to drop off a movie and i see this big sign flashing “congrats pittsburgh penguins, 2008-09 stanley cup champions” turns out, there’s a ‘steel city pizza’ down here so of course, i see that damn sign regularly. not to mention the fuching banner they put up in their window. when the wings get #12, steel city pizza will hear from me.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 04/27/10 at 10:57 PM ET

justin13's avatar

No Doan, apparently.

Posted by justin13 from Boulder on 04/27/10 at 10:57 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

I was clam this afternoon

I am the walrus…

Posted by pgoody on 04/27/10 at 10:57 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste. Marie on 04/27/10 at 08:53 PM ET

Or was it a mudfight in Cock Lick, Tennessee?

Posted by calquake on 04/27/10 at 10:57 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Does anybody else have to remind themselves to breathe?  Gah.
Posted by Lola from down by the bay on 04/27/10 at 08:56 PM ET

Nope.
Don’t need a reminder to drink either. VooX!
Beer me.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/27/10 at 10:58 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I am the walrus…

Shut the *#$%@& up, Donny! V.I. Lenin. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/27/10 at 10:59 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Posted by Lola from down by the bay on 04/27/10 at 08:56 PM ET

So uh, how’s your Grandma doing tonight?

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/10 at 10:59 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

What’s wrong with Walter Dude?

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/10 at 10:59 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Oh sh**, the bewitching hour is here: 9:00

Now I know what a convict in England in 1722 felt like when walking to the guillotine.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/10 at 11:00 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Or was it a mudfight in Cock Lick, Tennessee?

I once spent a dirty weekend in Cock Lick, Tennessee.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/27/10 at 11:00 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I can do without all the Versucks hype. Just drop the puck.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/27/10 at 11:00 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

YES FSD feed on alpha tango.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/10 at 11:00 PM ET

Bella's avatar

Screw the baby. This is Game 7. I’m drinking tonight.

Posted by Bella on 04/27/10 at 11:01 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Here is my wish for all of the “19”.

May you be reading a post from the Chief tomorrow morning.

Later, bitches. You’re the best.

Posted by dougie on 04/27/10 at 11:01 PM ET

Lola's avatar

So uh, how’s your Grandma doing tonight?

Posted by stayouttamalibu from Temporarily in Tempe, AZ on 04/27/10 at 08:59 PM ET

Watching at home.  We took in my little cousin’s Squirt league game earlier tonight. She’s in full hockey lockdown.

Posted by Lola from down by the bay on 04/27/10 at 11:01 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Damn. Stuck with the Versucks feed.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/27/10 at 11:01 PM ET

Primis's avatar

‘tis time.

I really have nothing much more to add.  See you guys in a while.

I hope my prediction is really, really wrong.

Posted by Primis on 04/27/10 at 11:01 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Not gonna watch the game, just gonna follow the LB, at least for the 1st period…

Posted by pgoody on 04/27/10 at 11:01 PM ET

NHL blog says Doan’s not in the pre-game skate.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/27/10 at 11:01 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

This is Game 7. I’m drinking tonight.
Posted by Bella on 04/27/10 at 09:01 PM ET

Atta girl.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/27/10 at 11:02 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Breathe, Breathe, Breathe!!!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/27/10 at 11:02 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

In certain societies it’s a sign of virility when forty-year-old men piss themselves.

I’m just sayin’.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/10 at 11:02 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Ken confirms no Doan.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/10 at 11:02 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

YES FSD feed on alpha tango.

How’s the quality?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/27/10 at 11:02 PM ET

DetroitHockey's avatar

As I posted at my place a second ago, I’m just getting caught up with the pregame news ‘cause Gog is conspiring to not allow me to watch this game.

I made the mistake of deciding to mow my lawn this evening. Thing is, Comcast never properly buried my cable line when they installed my service last summer. I’ve always been careful with it so it’s never been an issue, I planned on burying it myself when I put in my sprinkler system this summer.

Of course, today it’s an issue. Sometime between last week and this week, my cable got moved and was no longer pushed into the ground, below the height of my lawnmower blade. About two hours before the start of the game, I had a partially-mowed lawn and no cable.

Thankfully I’m a telecom geek and I have compression F connectors and extra coax and all that sitting around the house. Twenty minutes before the start of the game and my TV and Internet are back, hacked together.

Eat it, Gog.

Posted by DetroitHockey on 04/27/10 at 11:02 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ready bitches? Time to advance to the next round. Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!