Abel to Yzerman

Do You Deserve This Dynasty?

Mike Milbury said before Game 6 that the Wings were professional closers, that few teams had the ability to finish a series like Detroit.

He either lied or he’s just simple.  Three straight games with a chance to slice a jugular.  Three straight episodes of disgust.

If the Wings want this dynasty, they win tonite.

If they are desperate instead of self-righteous, they win.

If they are quietly contemplating another wasted opportunity and feeling bile start to creep, they win.

And if they lose?  To this team?  Then they don’t deserve your stress.  Not this year.

Drink up if you have to.  Game 7s suck ass and we know that better than anyone.  Here’s hoping the trend stops now.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

RWBill's avatar

I’ll take some glue, VooX.
Posted by monkey from bat country on 04/27/10 at 08:33 PM ET

Looks like I picked the wrong week….

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/10 at 09:36 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

omfg, game doesnt start for another hour, ttyl, fml, stfu

Posted by pgoody on 04/27/10 at 09:36 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

but it is backhands.
Posted by HockeyTownTodd from A. K. A. NostraGrampus on 04/27/10 at 08:36 PM ET

I think he’s talkin’ Bertuzzi spin-o-rama !

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/10 at 09:38 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I’ll take some glue, VooX.

Posted by monkey from bat country on 04/27/10 at 08:33 PM ET

Toulene kills brain cells quicker than glue Monkey.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/27/10 at 09:38 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

omfg, game doesnt start for another hour, ttyl, fml, stfu

???

It says 9 PM start on NHL.com

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/10 at 09:38 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Verlander finally getting out of his April woes, pitching a gem, and of course the Tigers only have 2 hits…

Posted by pgoody on 04/27/10 at 09:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

omfg, game doesnt start for another hour, ttyl, fml, stfu
Posted by pgoody from the 2nd season, 2010, Howard’s run… on 04/27/10 at 08:36 PM ET

seriously?  I thought it was 9 o’clock.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/10 at 09:39 PM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

you can get a smack for this…

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 04/27/10 at 09:39 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

It says 9 PM start on NHL.com
Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste. Marie on 04/27/10 at 08:38 PM ET

Thats when all the pre game shit starts… puck wont drop until 930 i bet…

Posted by pgoody on 04/27/10 at 09:39 PM ET

justin13's avatar

Haven’t read any pf today’s posts yet. Haven’t read any comments above mine yet. I’ve been mostly absent this season, but I know this is the place to be tonight. You know how I know? My liquor store run just cost me $9.19 (too much hard stuff Game 2, back on the Hasek with beer tonight).

Carry on.

Posted by justin13 from Boulder on 04/27/10 at 09:40 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

I got 9:00 too.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/27/10 at 09:40 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’mma condemn myself to the sofa, or standing near it.  L8R

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/10 at 09:40 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Thats when all the pre game shit starts… puck wont drop until 930 i bet…

I don’t think so, puck usually drops around 9:12 for a 9:00 game

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/10 at 09:41 PM ET

hiero4life's avatar

WIN

LGRW!!!!!!!

Posted by hiero4life from anywhere i am on 04/27/10 at 09:41 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Good luck tonight, Bitches.

I’m gonna find a corner and be all fetal till after the final horn.

Desperate times require desperate measures.  We’ll see who stands to that measure tonight.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/27/10 at 09:42 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Great, I put on my “19” sweater, for the first time this year. My wife points and laughs.
Bitch.

Posted by dougie on 04/27/10 at 09:42 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Carry on.
Posted by justin13 from Boulder on 04/27/10 at 08:40 PM ET

Thats cool, I filled up my vehicle today, cost me $35.00 even, just about got 7 gallons…

Posted by pgoody on 04/27/10 at 09:42 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

9:10 according to the vagina channel.I need to smoke another short stogie before it gets started.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/27/10 at 09:42 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

I think he’s talkin’ Bertuzzi spin-o-rama !
Posted by RWBill

Datsyuk the best, but Z also comes to mind.
Bert———just keep getting those assists, 4 would be nice tonight.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 04/27/10 at 09:43 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

“Paging Mr. Franzen…Mr. Johan Franzen…”

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/10 at 09:44 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Bert———just keep getting those assists, 4 would be nice tonight.

I’m hoping for at least 14.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/27/10 at 09:44 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Man, is there gonna be anyone in here tonight?  Or is everyone going to be curled up in the corner?

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/10 at 09:45 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/10 at 09:45 PM ET

Stevis's avatar

Alright, bitches.  Won’t post much with a newborn to wrangle—game or no game, momma needs some sleep—but hopefully a few magnificent bastards come through tonight.

Posted by Stevis on 04/27/10 at 09:45 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Buckets and the Mule will make us take our pants off tonight .

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/27/10 at 09:46 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

I don’t think I can LB this bitch either.  This year is the first year that I have LB’ed any playoff games I think.  Usually too peaked to type.  Can anyone honestly answer me when I ask why does it feel like I have something personally vested in this game?  Seriously, I don’t get it.  A lot of times I just wish that I could be a casual hockey fan, instead of a semi-maniacal Wings fanATIC.

Just Win(g) this *#$%@&.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/27/10 at 09:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Bitch.
Posted by dougie on 04/27/10 at 08:42 PM ET

If it’s any consolation dougie… she saw your fly was open. cheese

Posted by calquake on 04/27/10 at 09:46 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Or is everyone going to be curled up in the corner?

And sucking my thumb, and calling to the heavens for my mama.

Posted by dougie on 04/27/10 at 09:46 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Great, I put on my “19” sweater, for the first time this year. My ex-wife points and laughs.
Bitch.

Posted by dougie on 04/27/10 at 08:42 PM ET

Fixt that for ya Dougie.  You’re welcome.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/27/10 at 09:47 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

It’s a price we gladly pay.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/10 at 09:47 PM ET

cephalopod's avatar

Wearing my “undefeated” sweater with the winter classic D.  And of course, no pants

Posted by cephalopod from Chicago...nope, still not over it. on 04/27/10 at 09:48 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Both FSD and Versass has pregame shows on now.

Puck drop is scheduled for 9:10 ET.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/10 at 09:48 PM ET

dougie's avatar

If it’s any consolation dougie… she saw your fly was open. cheese

Posted by calquake on 04/27/10 at 08:46 PM ET

My pants were already off, but your point still stands.

Posted by dougie on 04/27/10 at 09:48 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Or is everyone going to be curled up in the corner?
Posted by stayouttamalibu

Don’t sugar coat it….
‘Fetal Position’

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 04/27/10 at 09:49 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

I’m switching to a 40 of Steel Reserve, the PBR isn’t cutting it.

Go Wings.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 04/27/10 at 09:49 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I’m ready for the game. I mean, not really… i’m here, and the game should start soon.. you know… gawd, I hate game(s) seven(s)...

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/27/10 at 09:50 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

When did that work?

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/27/10 at 09:51 PM ET

dougie's avatar

When we win, I’m drunk dialing every one of you whose phone number I have.

That means you, Gramps wink

Posted by dougie on 04/27/10 at 09:51 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I haven’t been this nervous since attending a cockfight down in Mud Lick, Tennessee, a few years ago.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/10 at 09:53 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

ill be here pessimisticating my pessimism…

Posted by pgoody on 04/27/10 at 09:53 PM ET