Abel to Yzerman

Do You Deserve This Dynasty?

Mike Milbury said before Game 6 that the Wings were professional closers, that few teams had the ability to finish a series like Detroit.

He either lied or he’s just simple.  Three straight games with a chance to slice a jugular.  Three straight episodes of disgust.

If the Wings want this dynasty, they win tonite.

If they are desperate instead of self-righteous, they win.

If they are quietly contemplating another wasted opportunity and feeling bile start to creep, they win.

And if they lose?  To this team?  Then they don’t deserve your stress.  Not this year.

Drink up if you have to.  Game 7s suck ass and we know that better than anyone.  Here’s hoping the trend stops now.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

RWBill's avatar

omg, all bets are off, First Blood is just starting on AMC.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/10 at 10:05 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Drink up indeed.
Let’s go Wings.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/27/10 at 10:06 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Chief, I have to pull out a good luck charm from last year. We have no other option.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/10 at 10:06 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Drinks now being served aboard the Hasek.  Doubles and stronger only, please.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/27/10 at 10:08 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Hey, there he is.

Anyone have the link for redbird1 on flightaware?

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/10 at 10:09 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

‘Sup Chief?

Evening bitches.

Is Cockbiscuit out tonight?

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/27/10 at 10:10 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

fuch step 5! go wings!

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 04/27/10 at 10:10 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Doubles and stronger only, please.
Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/27/10 at 08:08 PM ET

Beer for me VooX. Tall draw and keep the tap flowing my friend.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/27/10 at 10:10 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

fuch step 5! go wings!

LOL

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/10 at 10:11 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Drinks now being served aboard the Hasek.  Doubles and stronger only, please.

I’ll have a pint of 181 please.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/10 at 10:11 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

double shot of whiskey, sir. bottom shelf. so bottom shelf, you have to dig hole to find it, plz.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 04/27/10 at 10:11 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Never,
Never,
Never
Give
Up.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/10 at 10:13 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

MarkK's avatar

he’s just simple

That.

LFGRW

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/27/10 at 10:16 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Posted by RWBill from The bar on The Hasek. v00x! Hurry up Bitch! on 04/27/10 at 08:14 PM ET

Thank you.  So they originally had it planned for San Jose, and then just changed it do Detroit?  I don’t like that…

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/10 at 10:18 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Ketel One dirty, 2 olives VooX.  And keep ‘em coming.  Fuch game 7s.

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 04/27/10 at 10:19 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Give me some turpentine in a dirty glass Voox. I have ben in a shitty mood all day. Let’s go Bitches > Destroy their spirit quickly and break that glass slipper shoved up their Bettman ass.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/27/10 at 10:19 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

“great moments are born…............of great opportunities. That’s what you’ve got tonight…........tonight we SHUT THEM DOWN. Because we can. ...........there time is done.”

Posted by Rdwings28 on 04/27/10 at 10:21 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

He’s Back, Bitches!  No messin’ around anymore.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/10 at 10:23 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

He’s Back, Bitches!  No messin’ around anymore.
Posted by RWBill from The bar on The Hasek. v00x! Hurry up Bitch! on 04/27/10 at 08:23 PM ET

omg i forgot… hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

what is that from?!?!

Posted by pgoody on 04/27/10 at 10:25 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by stayouttamalibu from Temporarily in Tempe, AZ on 04/27/10 at 08:18 PM ET

Yeah, I think they realized that would put them on the road from Monday to Sunday and they hadn’t brought that much clean underwear and cocaine with them.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/10 at 10:25 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Chief, Voox and crew….....I won’t be joining the LB tonite.

Gonna sit this one out alone and endure every second of this rotten, malicious Game 7 alone.

Can’t do it any other way.

See you on the other side you glorious Band Of Bitches.

+19 to all of ya.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/27/10 at 10:25 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Yeah ,I know it’s bunghole move to repost yourself from a previous thread, but I’m doing it anyway. Cuz that’s all I got. And it’s Game 7.

oh shit, oh shit, oh shit…..I was just standing outside watching a beautiful full moon emerge from behind the clouds with my wife, just in from a 7 day business trip, and I thought….....

ATTENTION STATS GUYS: What is the Wings record on Game 7, when there is a full moon?? I wasn’t nervous a bit, then I saw that full moon, and thought of all the Fauxed up shit that happens under a full moon (ask the cops, ask the hospital emergency room), and I lost it, (just a widdle bit).

Posted by dougie on 04/27/10 at 08:05 PM ET

Damn, can’t believe I reposted myself back to the original thread. That’s a retarded bunghole move. Watch out, I’m on a frickin roll, bitches

Posted by dougie on 04/27/10 at 10:26 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

One phrase for the boys….........

PLAY YOU YOU MEAN IT TONITE MOTHERFAUXERS.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/27/10 at 10:26 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Or maybe:

PLAY LIKE YOU MEAN IT TONITE MOTHERFAUXERS.

(Goddammit I hate typos.)

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/27/10 at 10:27 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Okay, I did my part. It’s up to you now, Wings.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/10 at 10:29 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Here’s hoping the trend stops now.

No time like the present. See you on the other side, Ray. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/27/10 at 10:31 PM ET

calquake's avatar

(Goddammit I hate typos.)
Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...19 Straight Years In the Playoffs… on 04/27/10 at 08:27 PM ET

That’s okay KC we’re all a little nervous.  Hell, I can’t even get the f&^%ing needle in the right vein. smirk

Posted by calquake on 04/27/10 at 10:32 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

omg i forgot… hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
what is that from?!?!
Posted by pgoody from the 2nd season, 2010, Howard’s run… on 04/27/10 at 08:25 PM ET

“Reaper” hahahahahaha.  lost the battle to stay on the air.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/10 at 10:33 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’ll take some glue, VooX.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/27/10 at 10:33 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

See you on the other side you glorious Band Of Bitches.

+19 to all of ya.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...19 Straight Years In the Playoffs… on 04/27/10 at 08:25 PM ET

Good spooky.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/27/10 at 10:35 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Hell, I can’t even get the f&^%ing needle in the right vein.
Posted by calquake on 04/27/10 at 08:32 PM ET

One of the elders have diabetes? aLOL. LOL

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/27/10 at 10:35 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

If the anticipation for the start of this game doesn’t kill me, there is a good chance this first whiskey will.

Whew ...this thing could get 3/4 of Bangladesh hammered.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/10 at 10:35 PM ET

[rips the Jameson’s mainline out of his veins]

Let’s do this.  All in.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/27/10 at 10:36 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Puck drops, I’m outta here….no distractions..

Al long as we are re-posting….

Bryzgalov is hot.
Told my brother on Friday that the key to beating a hot goaltender….
may look like getting him moving side to side,
but it is backhands.

Think back to what won for us Friday, and then think of yesterday’s performance.
I already cleared it from my DVR, so I can’t check, but I remember a distinct absence of backhands.

Bryzgalov is hot, Nabakov, and Luongo are not….but they get a few extra days to work on their game.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd from A. K. A. NostraGrampus on 04/26/10 at 01:08 PM ET

And

Awakened several times with nightmares of ex-wings….
Tippet is too smart to sit Lang or Schneider…

Do first thoughts before coffee count…?
Backhands
and
Shorties
and
The best officiated game so far ... in the playoffs.

Is anyone still counting Tuesdays?

Posted by HockeyTownTodd from A. K. A. NostraGrampus on 04/27/10 at 12:02 PM ET

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 04/27/10 at 10:36 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Holy shit, a basement cat sighting.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/27/10 at 10:36 PM ET