Abel to Yzerman

Do It Kings: Sweep Them Away

Golly.  Back on 22 April the Blues were flying high, boy.  On top of the world, they were.  Fresh off a convincing R1 win, ready to take on the world after a quick fly swat to the heads of the crafty little Kings.  But then?  Well, then a rookie move from a fanbase that’s never known how to win, or how to lose, well.  Jobu, you see, is a mean mother when tempted.  Karma…oh dear.

Our next guest is Vladimir Konstantinov! Roll your old bones up here, Vladimir, and say a few words…

And…

The man who is first on that list with an amazing 1,687 career games is Gordie Howe. And as soon as he remembers where Joe Louis Arena is located, I’m sure he’ll be here to congratulate you on your career. Or wish you happy birthday.

By now you know from what opus those ditties were derived.

That was from the Red Wing eulogy over at Yahoo, a completely non-biased, principled, highly-credible, troll-for-your-hits at the expense of paraplegics and dimentia victims, “NHL blog”.  Yahoo hockey’s proprietor, Greg Wyshynski, felt highly comfortable running that prose provided by St. Louis Game Time’s Brad Lee and whatever other “writer” he brought with him.

The Blues haven’t won since.

All’s fun and games at Yahoo when the Wings are getting the shaft.  Greg’s lap dog Ryan Lambert likes his Amway references, which were actually amusing the first fifty times.  The Tin Foil Hat jokes in ‘08 and ‘09, the Lidstrom/Datsyuk suspensions.  Then there are the disgusting barbs at the Michigan economy, always a fun topic for Greg’s high-brow readers.  Innocent stuff from dick heads with no allegiance to anything other than their jealousy of the Red Wing franchise.

But, man, if providence didn’t open up and piss all over them all this week with the Kings decimation of the Bitter Bitch Baby Blues.  A nice young team with the worst fans in hockey.  Playing so well until Greg and his friends decided to tempt fate and run their fingers along the bottom of a urinal to come up with two “jokes” at the expense of two men literally afflicted for the rest of their lives.

We disliked Blues fans before. But it was a gentle give and take. Now it’s full-on hate. And they brought it on themselves. Consistently going after Konstantinov’s plight and the Michigan economy is a whole other matter.  They’re disgusting and I’m enjoying the ass kicking they’re receiving almost as much as any of the Red Wings numerous deep playoff runs.

Lose, Blues.  Lose one more and lose it in OT where it hurts the most.

I’m not one of these guys who roots for Wisconsin or Ohio State in the Rose Bowl because I want the Big Ten to look better in the eyes of BCS voters. I want them to lose and lose royally because I don’t like them or their fans.  I’m glad Chicago’s out of the playoffs and I hope Nashville loses and, obviously, St. Louis. I could care less how the Central looks to the rest of the NHL.  If the Wings can’t win, I’d rather it be an Eastern team.  LA will do, only because I’ve grown fond of them at the expense of Blues fans.

Playing so well, and then Big Bad Brad Lee had to go and push it too far.  A rookie move by a fan not used to the playoffs.  No way a Wing fan would have made that mistake at that juncture.  No way.  We know better.  Blues fans can’t be collectively blamed.  It’s a whole new experience, this playoff thing.  But tempt Jobu is what the Game Time professionals did, and now they’re getting exactly what they’ve become used to for years: the shaft.

Sweep their asses, LA.  Do it.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Vladimir16's avatar

This ^^^^

Sweep their asses, LA.  Do it.

And this ^^^^

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 05/04/12 at 08:42 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Not so sure about overtime, I’d like them to get blown out.  Let their golden boy netminder give up four goals in the first minute so they get to spend the last game of their 2011-12 season knowing they aren’t going to win.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/04/12 at 10:05 AM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

+Infinity

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 05/04/12 at 10:06 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I was going to write this after the Blues’ second loss but had nowhere to write it.

StLose, we know finishing ahead of the Red Wings in the regular season was your Stanley Cup, but it is meaningless. You have won nothing.

Don’t kid yourself that “this is just the first step, we’ll be back even better next year.”  You will not.  Elliott had his magical career year.  He will never match this past season.  Get used to soft goals like the game clinching #4 LA goal last night, barely getting his 5 hole closed enough to slow down the puck before it rolled convincingly across the goal line, slamming the door in your face with a devasting thud.

You have won nothing.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/04/12 at 10:14 AM ET

Ducksworth's avatar

LA is playing some awesome playoff hockey, if I were a Kings fan I would be real excited right now on the direction they are headed.

Posted by Ducksworth from Brownstown, MI on 05/04/12 at 12:21 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I was going to write this after the Blues’ second loss but had nowhere to write it….

RWBill

You have the KK Members Blog at your disposal.  The post also hit the KK Homepage so it will be seen.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/04/12 at 12:43 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Chief, I was thinking along these lines last night as I went to bad with a smile on my face.

Karma, bitches.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 05/04/12 at 12:59 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/04/12 at 09:05 AM ET

I like how you think.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/04/12 at 01:22 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

I’d like them to get blown out

A little “Patty Wah circa 2002” treatment WOULD be nice.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 05/04/12 at 02:27 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

To mock a fantastic defenseman such as Vladdy after a near life ending injury is someone who doesn’t know shit about hockey.  Fact.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/04/12 at 11:46 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

What a bunch of classless losers. Takes lots of guts to sit behind a computer and make fun of men with incurable medical problems. Yes Master Chief . Karma,Shadenfrude, whatever you want to call it is a bitch and will sooner or later bite ya in the balls. Sweep the leg Kings. Finnish them off now.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 05/05/12 at 12:32 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I just wanted to stop by to brag that I got a comment removed from TPSH blog.

One might ask, “dougie, what exactly did you do to get your comment pulled?”

I simply asked if there was some way to apply a TPSH filter to the KK Mainpage, so I would not have to be made aware of the drivel that spoils an otherwise perfect hockey blog.

I didn’t curse, threaten, otherwise insult. Didn’t say he was unworthy of his mothers love, or his dogs affection. Didn’t even say he was stupid, and his arguments were absurd. But let me go on the record. I would not fundamentally disagree with someone who said those things.

He was probably adopted and has 27 cats, anyway.

Posted by dougie on 05/06/12 at 07:12 AM ET

Kings have done it!  3-1 winners over the B’Lose.

The fuching B’Lose have been swept out of the playoffs.  Haaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaa…!!!

Stupid B’Lose.

Nice job, Kings.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/06/12 at 06:44 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

BBBBB

Buh Bye Bitter Bitch Blues

Posted by pgoody on 05/06/12 at 06:45 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

How SWEEP it is!  To bad BBBBitches. No soup for you!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/06/12 at 06:47 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Ok someone has to look this up has a team ever beaten the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seed teams as an 8th seed???

Posted by pgoody on 05/06/12 at 06:48 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Blooze Be Gone!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 05/06/12 at 07:05 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Karma, bitches.

Bye Bye BBB!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 05/06/12 at 10:47 PM ET

Primis's avatar

The St. Louis Blues:  Bad at Second Round Playoff Hockey since 1970.

But it’s ok.  In another two years when the team is being sold… again… because they’re a crappy franchise in a crappy town…  they’ll be just thrilled to have finally qualified for the playoffs again.

Posted by Primis on 05/07/12 at 12:31 AM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

I think it’s hilarious that KARMA and JOBU piss in the face of the Blows.  F*ck St. Lose.  F*ck the Blows and F*ck their fans.  This reminds me of the year that the Vancouver paper printed a picture of Naslund hoisting the Cup (during Round 1) and shortly after Lidstrom’s lazer from the red line felled the mighty (joke) Cloutier.  That bastage never recovered from being blown to bits by Nick.  Hopefully the Blows are just as traumatized.

F*ck Nashville.

F*ck St. Louis.

F*ck Chicago.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 05/07/12 at 10:32 AM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

for you Chief!

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 05/07/12 at 01:44 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Ok Nashville, St Louis, Chicago seriously guys, we know you want to be just like us, the Detroit Redwings, we’ve set the bar for hockey excellence the last 20 odd years, we know you want to copy us in every way, we know you have tried to build your teams just like ours, but you’re like blind lemmings, and now each one of you has gotten eliminated from the playoffs just like us… lemmings…

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/12 at 01:40 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

As much sh** as has been written about Shane Doan the last couple of years I always admired the guy and wrote that several times.  Imagine, he has led the Yotes past Nashville and the 6-5 Concrete Wall in as few games as it took them to dispatch us.  Great effort by all lines.

Did the new owner understand, though, that the attendance has historically been poor and will return as such when they return to their mediocre ways?

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/08/12 at 10:51 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Posted by RWBill from No hockey in April blows. on 05/08/12 at 09:51 AM ET

I am not a fan of the Coyotes or their fans (although they’re quite a bit classier than Nashville fans) but the way they’re playing is pretty inspiring. And as much of a douche Doan can be against our players I’d take him on my team anyday. Reminds me a lot of Dallas Drake.
I also wonder if the owners have a grasp on the attendance issues there. The arena being in Glendale as oppesed to Phoenix proper was a terrible idea and not very fixable IMHO.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 05/08/12 at 11:46 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

I have to admit that after the soul-crushing experience of witnessing Octavio Dotel’s epic ninth inning melt down in Seattle last night, on the way to our car after the game, I happened to see the final score of the Prednecks’ game on the TV as we passed by a neighborhood bar, and it made an otherwise shitty night just a little better.  Yeah, fuch the preds, fuch the blues—and their douche-bag fans.  Suck rope, you bitter baby blues bitches.  Suck a catfish, uncle grandma.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/09/12 at 03:26 AM ET

wedge56's avatar

I have to say that I think the Chief and every single person who posted on this article are sour, childish, and vindictive.

*I love you all.*