Abel to Yzerman

Do Not Be Ashamed…It’s Happened To Bankers, Lawyers, Cops and Happy Czech Oompa Loompas

I worked Seger and our Happy Hudler into the same post title, and talked about hookers without even having "hookers" as a phrase that will catch the spammers.  Of course, the ads here on KK should be interesting for a few days.

I digress. As usual.  Hey guess what Ryan Getzlaf's faceoff stats are through four games?

He's taken 92 faceoffs and won 0.

That's a lie but it's an educated lie.

The Wings have owned him.  Datsyuk has owned him.  Zetterberg: owned him. Andersson: owned him.  Gilchrist: owned him.

By and large, he's done nothing.  By and larger, Z and our Russian Prince have been amazing.  Tough, tireless, terrific..just like Mitch would say (our delicate genius).  Corey Perry?

That little dumpster diver hasn't done dick.

Two ways to look at that: Wings are dominating their best players, but still tied 2-2.  Or, Wings have held them down and that can't last for long.

Either way, it's a good reason to just start pounding warm PBR right now.

Gary's starting this game at 8 on the West Coast. (NEVERMIND IT'S 7, I THOUGHT IT WAS 8.  SHIT.) Seriously, that's late even for those of us ON the West Coast.  You suckers have to stay up until at least 2. And you will. Every single one of you.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  Take us to 6. Get us back to the Joe with a chance to clinch in front of that madhhouse.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

Yzersyuk's avatar

Lo there mates. I’m really too nervous to do anything but stare at my tv, like I’ve been doing for the past few games, have a fun/interesting/completely fuched up LB.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 05/08/13 at 08:46 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hydrocodone is one step.above tylenol#3 or lortabs Mandingo. Much stronger stuff out there. Hope it is curing what ails ya. Good on you to avoid adult beverages tonite.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 05/08/13 at 08:47 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Any of you bitches a stat nut… if so I want to know what the percentage is that a team wins a series when they win 2 of the games of that series in OT…

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/13 at 08:48 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

Aloha bitches. I don’t like it when Mandingo’s stoned on pain killers.  I’m afraid it will affect his wit and I dig his wit.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/08/13 at 09:42 PM ET

I’ll do my best.

I will say that it took me about a half hour to clean the cat litter. Or what seemed like a half hour. Not a good sign.

I am feeling very, very positive about this game, though, which is a nice change of pace. I’m also feeling very, very positive about my blanket, and these comfortable pajama pants I’m wearing.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 05/08/13 at 08:48 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Evening bitches

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/08/13 at 09:43 PM ET

hope you didn’t get caught up in the snafu there Jeff.  seems a lot of brass sure did.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/08/13 at 08:50 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/13 at 09:48 PM ET

I don’t know, but with a series tied 2-2, the winner of game 5 has an extraordinary high success rate for the series.  ( DET - COL 2002 notwithstanding)

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/08/13 at 08:50 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 05/08/13 at 09:48 PM ET

And the tree outside, that tree is awesome.  And the driveway, it’s so… driveway-ey.  And Greenland, it’s so gr—wait what?...

I kid because I love.  Or because I still have to wait 10 min.

Posted by Primis on 05/08/13 at 08:51 PM ET

klank's avatar

reporting in for duty from Kilowatt.  one shift, one goal, one period at a time.  beat da dirtybirds!

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/08/13 at 08:51 PM ET

Bent's avatar

So of course the wife’s maple leafs game went to overtime, so I don’t get to watch the wings yet.  Hope someone will be ready with a feed.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/08/13 at 08:52 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/13 at 09:48 PM ET

107%

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/08/13 at 08:53 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/08/13 at 09:51 PM ET

Holy shit. The Kilowatt bar? In San Francisco?

Is that still a Red Wings bar?

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 05/08/13 at 08:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/08/13 at 09:51 PM ET

You live in a power station?

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/08/13 at 08:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Even when he’s stoned, Mandingo is smarter than I am.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/08/13 at 08:54 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

‘Sup bitches?

I’m out of brew.  Looks like I’m busting out the rum tonight.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 05/08/13 at 08:56 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Evening, bitches, what are you drinking?

VLC Link

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/08/13 at 08:57 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Evening bitches

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/08/13 at 09:43 PM ET

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 22 on 05/08/13 at 09:50 PM ET

Wasn’t part of this one.

This one however...I was intimately involved in

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/08/13 at 08:58 PM ET

klank's avatar

wish my power station was a bar.

aye, Mandingo.. few Wings fans around tonight;  but have not seen any regulars during playoffs.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/08/13 at 08:59 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Wasn’t part of this one.

This one however…I was intimately involved in
Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/08/13 at 09:58 PM ET

Elaborate on both incidents.  I’m sure it will be good reading.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/08/13 at 09:01 PM ET

Evening, bitches, what are you drinking?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/08/13 at 09:57 PM ET

Guinness, you magnificent bastard.  Thanks.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/08/13 at 09:01 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

wish my power station was a bar.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/08/13 at 09:59 PM ET

Still flyin’ the banners?

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 05/08/13 at 09:02 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

And it’s the red wings feed. For those that don’t know how. Right click and copy link address. Open VLC To fo file and Open Network. Then paste what you copied. Bingo.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/08/13 at 09:03 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

hola bitches. Drinking Founders Double Trouble, and I got a good feeling about Mule tonight.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/08/13 at 09:03 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Red Chair please Voox.  Also a hank sized curly fries too please.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/08/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

This one however…I was intimately involved in

That seems “minor” compared to the news of late.  Well, unless the cowboys driving that bus were related to Slim Pickens.

Glad you dodged this most recent matter.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/08/13 at 09:04 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

The WINK! Mick WINKED!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/08/13 at 09:04 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

They’re going to interview Patrick Eaves?  Roster sure has changed in Detroit.  January 15 weren’t even sure Eaves would be cleared to play.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/08/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/08/13 at 09:58 PM ET

“Bad Boy, Bad Boy, whatcha gonna do, Bad Boy” ( or something like that…)

Come on NHL, Lets Drop the Puck on our Game!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/08/13 at 09:04 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Wasn’t part of this one.

This one however…I was intimately involved in

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/08/13 at 09:58 PM ET

Elaborate on both incidents.  I’m sure it will be good reading.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/08/13 at 10:01 PM ET

take the fifth, jeff ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/08/13 at 09:04 PM ET

klank's avatar

pints of Black Butte Porter.. started off with REDbreast.  yum.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/08/13 at 09:05 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

Wow. Sammy has 6 shots? On net?

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 05/08/13 at 09:06 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

well fortunately I don’t know anything at all about the most recent big thing

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/08/13 at 09:06 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

pints of Black Butte Porter.. started off with REDbreast.  yum.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/08/13 at 10:05 PM ET

A fan of the Deschutes you are.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/08/13 at 09:06 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Anybody find a working feed yet?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/08/13 at 09:07 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

worked all day.  stayed late so the hottie at work who invited me out for drinks could buy me a couple.  stuck my tongue down her throat when I dropped her off.  stopped and saw my new stripper friend on the way home.  stuck other things other places.  been drinking since 6:30pm.  I’m a dirty MF’er and I hope the Wings are on the same page as me.  let’s win a dirty one, guys.  show Anaheim that we can out-Anaheim them.  show them who the real physical force in the Western Conference is.  it’s time to take this series from them.  win tonight, and Friday is just a formality.

LET’S DO THIS

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/08/13 at 09:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

That VLC QuickTime link is the best invention says ribbed condoms.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/08/13 at 09:08 PM ET

klank's avatar

those banners are down.  =/

they have a couple different banners from 02 & 08 in the middle of bar.  Giants banner where Wings banners were.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/08/13 at 09:08 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Anybody find a working feed yet?

Voox posted one a bit back, FSD too.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/08/13 at 09:09 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Anybody find a working feed yet?
Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/08/13 at 10:07 PM ET

I posted a feed a few comments back.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/08/13 at 09:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The WINK! Mick WINKED!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/08/13 at 10:04 PM ET

Me likey! He hasn’t done that very often this year.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/08/13 at 09:10 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

This one however…I was intimately involved in

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/08/13 at 09:58 PM ET

Elaborate on both incidents.  I’m sure it will be good reading.

take the fifth, jeff ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/08/13 at 10:04 PM ET

The other…well I can say I dispatched the crew to load the jet.
I did the post load inspection on the jet after it was loaded.

AND me, my guys and everybody in MY unit kept their jobs because we did out jobs by the BOOK

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/08/13 at 09:10 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »