Abel to Yzerman

Coming Off A 5-0 Loss? Blues Are What’s For Dinner.

Here’s a great stat that I found myself.  The Wings haven’t lost on my birthday since 1991. And today’s my birthday. And 2010 minus 1991 is 19. And I have no idea if that’s true.  But really?  Who cares if it is or not? Seriously.  When has that really mattered here?

You know what does matter? Keeping the Bitter Bitches down where they belong.  Watching them wallow in the swill that is life as a Bitter Bitch Blues fan.  That is what we do here when the kids tell us to keep it realz.

So we’ll live blog this thing on my birthday and you’ll celebrate with warm beer and cheddar and those obnoxious firetrucks will scream down your avenues and they’ll terrify the house painters and then the puppies will start to frolic but it’s sooooo cold that they’ll run inside to warm themselves by the fire where the hookers will be dancing with life-size Bertuzzi voodoo dolls but they’re scared shitless because he’s a serial killer.  Dancing with Dahmer is not a life choice, it’s a problem, bitch.  A big, motherfuching problem.

So, here we go.  Of all our little brothers, this one resents us the most.  And my god I love it when the Wings beat him down.  And on my birthday. A birthday bash of a Bitter Baby Bumbling Blowinglunch Blues beatdown because by god Baby Jebus wants it that way. Bitches.

Put your jammies on, grab a PBR and pray to the adorable one for a win so that when I read your comments to this Live Blog they’re not filled with the kind of pessimism you and I are famous for.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 10 11 12

CaptNorris5's avatar

Figured I’d share this with the 19

I wrote a little ditty to try and get Happy back on his game:

Please forgive the overall lack of talent and ability. Hopefully this gets that little midget pimp back to lighting the lamp.

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 12/16/10 at 06:29 PM ET

CaptNorris5's avatar

Oh, yeah, I should probably specify its not exactly safe for work. Use headphones.

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 12/16/10 at 06:30 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

MO, was channel 59 not available?  They always black out my CI feeds, but it’s usually available on the local FSN channel.
Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 12/16/10 at 02:03 PM ET

Sure was, but didn’t have puck on it. Shrug.
RWBill, I knew you were just being… well… you.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 12/16/10 at 06:31 PM ET

dougie's avatar

dougie - that’s what a dvr and a pause button are for! Cripes!

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 12/16/10 at 02:56 PM ET

Somehow, it’s just not the same. I DVR everything else I watch, but I have to watch the Wings live. I just flip it to another game during commercials, or just point and laugh at the Bernstein clan.

I asked my dog if he was pissed at my inattention, and he just licked my face, because he is happy he has been an inside Labrador since the weather turned cold.

Posted by dougie on 12/16/10 at 06:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Somewhat tardy but BLTN, Rumbear, the Heir and the Spare at the Anaheim Shellacking.

This isn’t too bad, is it Rumbear?

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 12/16/10 at 06:55 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Did you talk to the airline? Usually they have exemptions for sports equipment.  They was no problem (or additional fees) when I brought my skis to Brazil even though their container exceeded the published dimensions three times over.

To be honest, me and the guys (Osrt and Tyler) thought they wouldn’t allow it and I didn’t take it to the airport (later, inside the plane, I kicked myself). But there was a guy with a guitar flying Detroit/Houston, but the airline didn’t let him take the guitar from Houston to wherever he was going, and he was kinda desperate.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 12/16/10 at 09:14 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 12/16/10 at 06:14 PM ET

Are we saying that Osrt has your Helm stick?

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 12/16/10 at 10:01 PM ET

Sullyosis's avatar

Hey, is that Sullyosis pointing toward the bar?  What are the odds?

Posted by RWBill from The carpet of wet snow of central Virginia. on 12/15/10 at 10:44 PM ET

I’m actually ASKING Tyler where the bar is…with my hands.  You know, because my Anglish breaks down after 14 beers.

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 12/16/10 at 10:10 PM ET

Sullyosis's avatar

Oh and here’s a beauty, Nick Lidstrom on the NHL Live! show.

First thing he says?  “We had great net-front presence.”

The only sh*tty thing is that you could hear Gramps in the background, whispering the answers to him and saying to Nick:  “Tell them we had great net-front presence.”

So kind of a rip-off….

...yeah.

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 12/16/10 at 10:13 PM ET

Buck's avatar

Happy Birthday, Chief!

BTW… my birthday is March 26th.  And yeah, I DID watch the game on that date in ‘97.  That was the BEST birthday present, ever.  I exaggerate not a whit.

Posted by Buck from The High Plains of New Mexico on 12/17/10 at 12:35 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

BTW… my birthday is March 26th.

...Jimmah?

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 12/17/10 at 01:08 AM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

So kind of a rip-off….
...yeah.
Posted by Sullyosis

good one, Sully, owe you a beer for that one.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 12/17/10 at 01:43 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Hopefully this gets that little midget pimp back to lighting the lamp.

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 12/16/10 at 03:29 PM ET

That’s beautiful man!  And if it works?  “Zap him in the dick” becomes the latest A2Y buzz phrase?  Awesome.  Whatever works.  We’re clearly not above this kinda thing.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/17/10 at 06:19 AM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

That’s frickin’ hilarious.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 12/17/10 at 09:58 AM ET

Jennemy of the Skate's avatar

This is the last time I stay home from a Cyclones game to watch the Wings. Every Cyclones game I’ve been to this season has been a losing game but on each Cyclones losing game night the Wings have won. Argh.
I’m not destined to watch a single winning game this season.

Posted by Jennemy of the Skate from the bar car on the stress train on 12/18/10 at 01:57 AM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 10 11 12