Abel to Yzerman

Coming Off A 5-0 Loss? Blues Are What’s For Dinner.

Here’s a great stat that I found myself.  The Wings haven’t lost on my birthday since 1991. And today’s my birthday. And 2010 minus 1991 is 19. And I have no idea if that’s true.  But really?  Who cares if it is or not? Seriously.  When has that really mattered here?

You know what does matter? Keeping the Bitter Bitches down where they belong.  Watching them wallow in the swill that is life as a Bitter Bitch Blues fan.  That is what we do here when the kids tell us to keep it realz.

So we’ll live blog this thing on my birthday and you’ll celebrate with warm beer and cheddar and those obnoxious firetrucks will scream down your avenues and they’ll terrify the house painters and then the puppies will start to frolic but it’s sooooo cold that they’ll run inside to warm themselves by the fire where the hookers will be dancing with life-size Bertuzzi voodoo dolls but they’re scared shitless because he’s a serial killer.  Dancing with Dahmer is not a life choice, it’s a problem, bitch.  A big, motherfuching problem.

So, here we go.  Of all our little brothers, this one resents us the most.  And my god I love it when the Wings beat him down.  And on my birthday. A birthday bash of a Bitter Baby Bumbling Blowinglunch Blues beatdown because by god Baby Jebus wants it that way. Bitches.

Put your jammies on, grab a PBR and pray to the adorable one for a win so that when I read your comments to this Live Blog they’re not filled with the kind of pessimism you and I are famous for.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 8 9 10 11 12 >       Next »

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Too bad Chief, you could’a had curly fries on your Birthday.
Somehow, I don’t expect you will complain.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 12/16/10 at 01:03 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

here comes the ovation

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 12/16/10 at 01:03 AM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

The Perfect moment to share with my dad while home for the holidays.

Posted by ChowYunCat on 12/15/10 at 10:01 PM ET

Cheers.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 12/16/10 at 01:03 AM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Great Game ~ Great memories!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 12/16/10 at 01:03 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

think Arby’s in Miami will honor it?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 12/16/10 at 01:04 AM ET

moocat's avatar

The hell. Are they playing with a souvenir puck? Coulda swore I saw the wing logo on that closeup.

Awesome fries for Lids.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/15/10 at 10:00 PM ET

You did see the logo. Each home team provides the pucks and the game puck has the home team logo on one side and the NHL logo (with Bettman’s signature) on the other..

Posted by moocat on 12/16/10 at 01:04 AM ET

Twig's avatar

think Arby’s in Miami will honor it?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 12/15/10 at 10:04 PM ET

maybe. say something nice about lebron james.

Posted by Twig from Houston, TX on 12/16/10 at 01:05 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Holy crap TPH with a hat trick…what a pisser of a game to miss.  Stupid dry wall…my wife better appreciate that freakin attic loft bedroom when I’m done with it.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 12/16/10 at 01:05 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Hey Herm, didya have some curly fries while U were here?  or do you have them in Brasil?

Nope, didn’t have time. And Arby’s left Brazil 10 years ago. I’ll have some one day.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 12/16/10 at 01:05 AM ET

kcameron's avatar

great game! first time for TPH!

Posted by kcameron from Portland OR on 12/16/10 at 01:06 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Whoa…and Z with four assists.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 12/16/10 at 01:06 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Looked like Buckets tried to stab at it, but then realized once he’s past the net…time to find the Captain. Perfect Human…even ESPN admits so.

Not a lockdown ala 2008, but this team is unselfish, and that’s a good thing to have…unlike…uh…the most popular team in America hence the HBO special (or so I was told earlier in a different thread). Can’t shut down one line when 3 of ‘em are buzzing.

Mikey Mo, believe it or not…the Wings haven’t been the same since he’s been gone. I think his presence, or lack of, is showing.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 12/16/10 at 01:07 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

I was unaware of that. I assumed they only had a league brand on them. Thanks.

So Nick is only short the Hart and a Gordie Howe hat trick to complete his collection now, is that right? And if it weren’t for frickin Rosby and his insane scoring this season, he’d have a fantastic shot at the Hart too.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/16/10 at 01:07 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I’ll update a pic later.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 12/16/10 at 01:09 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

TPH on post game -
Was I aware of it?  Yeah after you go 0h for 19 years you’re aware of it.  (laughter)

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 12/16/10 at 01:10 AM ET

Great Game ~ Great memories!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s chair on 12/15/10 at 10:03 PM ET

Indeed.  We just saw TPH’s FIRST hat trick of his career.  How incredibly lucky we are tonight to witness yet another historic milestone for Lidstrom.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/16/10 at 01:10 AM ET

jennyquarx's avatar

Nice birthday gift from TPH, Chief.  What a game.

Now it’s safe to post.  If I read the LB post, but don’t post on it during the game, the Wings win.  If I don’t read the LB post, they lose.  If I post on the LB, they lose.  So I’m rolling with that until it’s proven otherwise for the rest of the season.

Posted by jennyquarx on 12/16/10 at 01:10 AM ET

Goals: 1
Assists: 2

H. Zetterberg - 3
Red Wings - LW
Goals: 0
Assists: 4

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 12/16/10 at 01:11 AM ET

utahgentile's avatar

A salute from Gabriel

Posted by utahgentile from the land of white and delightsome people on 12/16/10 at 01:11 AM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

G’nite bitches.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 12/16/10 at 01:11 AM ET

TPH on post game -

Posted by RWBill from The carpet of wet snow of central Virginia. on 12/15/10 at 10:10 PM ET

I wish I saw that.  My feed just cut off when the game was officially over.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/16/10 at 01:12 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

What an unselfish play from Buckets as well.
Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Kstewy16’s sandy vag on 12/15/10 at 10:01 PM ET

He had an unbelievable game, sheer hustle and hunger on his PP goal.  A great teammate.

This is why I don’t have a number on my Wings jersey, too difficult to pick a favorite.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 12/16/10 at 01:12 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

‘lil bro Fri

g’nite

sleep well Cap’n
you too Chief

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/16/10 at 01:12 AM ET

Trish's avatar

So I’m rolling with that until it’s proven otherwise for the rest of the season

thx Jenny, we appreciate your sacrifice wink

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 12/16/10 at 01:13 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Likewise. I have an old style “Road Red” blank jersey, and new “Road White (?)” blank jersey. The next purchase will probably be a new red jersey…don’t know what number I should get.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 12/16/10 at 01:14 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

I picked one up from some where that’s the road red but the torso above the white belly stripe is black.  It actually looks pretty bad ass.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 12/16/10 at 01:16 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

DET now 6-1 against the Central.

Wings are at Chicago Friday night.

See you Bitches then.

What a birthday present, eh Chief?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 12/16/10 at 01:17 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I wish I saw that.  My feed just cut off when the game was officially over.
Posted by SYF from Las Vegas, NV on 12/15/10 at 10:12 PM ET

Mine too, I went to the 971 the ticket radio audio feed with Ken Kal and Paul Woods (radio.com) .  In fact still interviewing.

Jimmy Howard with maybe an inadvertent back handed slam on Ozzie, totally unintended…  did it take you long to get over letting in 5 goals last game.—-  no i learned from the best, Chris, you think about it for 10 minutes after the game and then have to get ready for the next one, 82 games is a long season.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 12/16/10 at 01:17 AM ET

TeamDub's avatar

Happy Birthday Chief - what a night.

Last semester of school completed, teacher’s license should be in the mail next week. Finally.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 12/16/10 at 01:18 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I wish I saw that.  My feed just cut off when the game was officially over.

Posted by SYF from Las Vegas, NV on 12/15/10 at 10:12 PM ET

another reason the pay site is worth every penny.  pre- and post-game shows are on.  I’m still watching.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 12/16/10 at 01:18 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

And OMFG

Hudler didn’t get a point tonight, BUT was +1

The worm may have turned(!)

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 12/16/10 at 01:19 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

have someone sew 12 Stanley Cups onto it.  might as well be prepared.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 12/16/10 at 01:19 AM ET

utahgentile's avatar

Test

Posted by utahgentile from the land of white and delightsome people on 12/16/10 at 01:20 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Babs “I thought Helm and Cleary were exceptional and wanted to get them out on the ice more, that means less time for somebody else, but you roll with it.  I use Cleary as a firefighter he makes everybody better.”

Did you anticipate how long it would take Hudler to get going? Babs, ‘No, never, and neither did he.  He probably wouldn’t have come back if he’d known it would take this long <laughter>.”

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 12/16/10 at 01:23 AM ET

Trish's avatar

is your avatar the angel Gabriel, utah?

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 12/16/10 at 01:26 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

That was probably the first time I’ve heard actual emotion in Lidstrom’s voice, you could tell he was happy and relieved, actually laughing and off guard, not like the always perfectly non-provoking answers he gives.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 12/16/10 at 01:29 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

is your avatar the angel Gabriel, utah?
Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 12/15/10 at 10:26 PM ET

OH!  The guy on “Supernatural” ?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 12/16/10 at 01:30 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

can these morons stop saying Lindstrom?

the guy has been the best defenseman in hockey for 20 years and they still can’t get his name right.  really pisses me off.

even Bud Lynch said it with the N.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 12/16/10 at 01:31 AM ET

Maybe Hudler feels less pressure to play elitely when with third line guys, and can just play his game.  He sure looked strong and confident tonight, and put up those top points per minute played in 08 on mostly 3rd and 4th line.

Posted by herschel c. wollmack on 12/16/10 at 01:32 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

What a group this Red Wings Team is.  What a group.
Posted by ITDeuce from a seething pit of hostility on 12/15/10 at 10:01 PM ET

Aye Aye.  They will need this depth over the long haul too, five forwards going for three or four game time positions.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 12/16/10 at 01:34 AM ET