Abel to Yzerman

Coming Off A 5-0 Loss? Blues Are What’s For Dinner.

Here’s a great stat that I found myself.  The Wings haven’t lost on my birthday since 1991. And today’s my birthday. And 2010 minus 1991 is 19. And I have no idea if that’s true.  But really?  Who cares if it is or not? Seriously.  When has that really mattered here?

You know what does matter? Keeping the Bitter Bitches down where they belong.  Watching them wallow in the swill that is life as a Bitter Bitch Blues fan.  That is what we do here when the kids tell us to keep it realz.

So we’ll live blog this thing on my birthday and you’ll celebrate with warm beer and cheddar and those obnoxious firetrucks will scream down your avenues and they’ll terrify the house painters and then the puppies will start to frolic but it’s sooooo cold that they’ll run inside to warm themselves by the fire where the hookers will be dancing with life-size Bertuzzi voodoo dolls but they’re scared shitless because he’s a serial killer.  Dancing with Dahmer is not a life choice, it’s a problem, bitch.  A big, motherfuching problem.

So, here we go.  Of all our little brothers, this one resents us the most.  And my god I love it when the Wings beat him down.  And on my birthday. A birthday bash of a Bitter Baby Bumbling Blowinglunch Blues beatdown because by god Baby Jebus wants it that way. Bitches.

Put your jammies on, grab a PBR and pray to the adorable one for a win so that when I read your comments to this Live Blog they’re not filled with the kind of pessimism you and I are famous for.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

MOWingsfan19's avatar

About to start my commute in freezing rain… hoping like HELL I am not blacked out cause I live in MOMO land here. Time Warner likes to black out Wings games IN DETROIT when they play the BBB’s. Grrrrrrr

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 12/15/10 at 09:12 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Happy Birfday Sailor

and LGRW

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 12/15/10 at 09:13 PM ET

Ahoy, Chief.  Got the Guinness at room temperature and Zep’s Bron Yr Aur Stomp slamming through my speaker system.

Let’s do this.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/15/10 at 09:16 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Just stopping by to send a birthday shout out to the Chief as I won’t be able to watch the game live tonight and so no LB for me.

So the hookers are in the house tonight?  Well then, let’s just hope for a great big happy ending!!

LGRW!!!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/15/10 at 09:25 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

It doesnt matter, but the Wings lost only 3 times on Dec 15th since ‘91 (Van ‘01, Flo ‘05, Col ‘09). A lot of wins, but I don’t feel like counting them.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 12/15/10 at 09:28 PM ET

Ian!'s avatar

Happy Birthday to the Chief.

I don’t comment here often, so I’ll use this space (sorry Chief) to say that I was at the Devils game on Saturday. I had a good time with some good natured Devils fans, especially over this exchange:

Devils Fan #1: “You’re a city of car thieves!”
DF #2: “Well, to be fair dude, Newark is probably #2.”

That being said, the Prudential Center is a gorgeous arena. I was sitting in the nosebleeds and I had padded seats. The Devils are woeful, though.

I’ll be watching on Gamecenter tonight, go Wings.

Posted by Ian! from Baltimore, MD on 12/15/10 at 09:29 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Okay, I counted. Since ‘91, the Wings’ record on Dec 15th is 8-3. (one of the losses in OT)

Happy Birthday, Chief.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 12/15/10 at 09:31 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

the Wings’ record on Dec 15th is 8-3

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 12/15/10 at 06:31 PM ET

Why you gotta pee in the man’s cheerios?

Happy B-day Chief

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 12/15/10 at 09:44 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Why you gotta pee in the man’s cheerios?

8-2-1 translates into a 127-point season. That’s some nice cheerios.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 12/15/10 at 09:48 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Happy B-Day, Chief.

I expect a solid Wings effort in honor of this auspicious day.

Then again, I expected the Wings to get four goals in the second period Monday night.

Oh well ,that’s why they make vodka.

Bottoms up

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 12/15/10 at 10:02 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Who jumped out of the cake?

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/15/10 at 10:05 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

after waking up this morning at o’dark thirty, with temps of -5F it warmed up nicely here (21F) in the land of frost and snow.  and with the sun down below the edge of the earth again, it is a balmy 7F.  there should be a winter classic played in calumet.

it seems like the last week i have not gotten much sleep.  tossing and turning and crying all night.  just like a baby.  i am tired and need the wings to win, so i can get a good nights sleep.

happy played an even game the last time he laced up the skates.  is it too much to hope for that he ends the game tonight +1?

other than happy playing even, buckets is the only other player to have finished the game not in the hole.

here is praying that every wing player ends up on the + side of the ledger tonight.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 12/15/10 at 10:06 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

surf’s up

with a fsd feed.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 12/15/10 at 10:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Don’t forget your “Blues Fan Repellent”, made in Sweden.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 12/15/10 at 10:10 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Who jumped out of the cake?

Rumor says Osrt and a midget.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 12/15/10 at 10:11 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Who jumped out of the cake?

Of course, he is at sea, so… Erika Eleniak?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 12/15/10 at 10:13 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’m in. Effort like Monday, just reverse the score please.

And a happy birthday to the sailor.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/15/10 at 10:16 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

can anyone guess who kris draper scored his first goal against?

what about the goalie he got the puck by?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 12/15/10 at 10:18 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Rumor says Osrt and a midget.

I thought Hudler was playing tonite.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/15/10 at 10:19 PM ET

edillac's avatar

happy BDay Chief,and many many more

lets win this one

Posted by edillac from isolation on 12/15/10 at 10:19 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Kronner is a Garth Brooks fan.

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 12/15/10 at 10:20 PM ET

Of course, he is at sea, so… Erika Eleniak?

Posted by monkey from bat country on 12/15/10 at 07:13 PM ET

Best Steven Segal movie…EVER.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/15/10 at 10:20 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Who jumped out of the cake?

I did

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 12/15/10 at 10:21 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Happy Birthday, Chief.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 12/15/10 at 10:21 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Dont read Wright Thompson’s Holy Ground while listening to Explosions In The Sky.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 12/15/10 at 10:22 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste. Marie on 12/15/10 at 07:21 PM ET

Dude - - That is just wrong.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 12/15/10 at 10:23 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Red Winger you bastard. Thank you adblock, make sure I never have to see that again.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/15/10 at 10:24 PM ET

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste. Marie on 12/15/10 at 07:21 PM ET

If it were Datsyuk….

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/15/10 at 10:24 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Dude - - That is just wrong.

Red Winger you bastard

Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 12/15/10 at 10:25 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Howabout this Navy girl instead?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/15/10 at 10:26 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Howabout this Navy girl instead?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/15/10 at 07:26 PM ET

What battleship?  I don’t see no battleship.

Posted by calquake on 12/15/10 at 10:28 PM ET

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/15/10 at 07:26 PM ET

Lauren Holly.  Mmmmm…

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/15/10 at 10:28 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

can anyone guess who kris draper scored his first goal against?

what about the goalie he got the puck by?

bbbb ofcourse,

as for the goalie?  the journey man, curtis joseph.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 12/15/10 at 10:29 PM ET

monkey's avatar

can anyone guess who kris draper scored his first goal against?

what about the goalie he got the puck by?

October 4, 1990, Toronto Maple Leafs, Jets won 7-1, goalie was Jeff Reese.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 12/15/10 at 10:32 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Here’s to you Sailor.  Let’s Roll. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 12/15/10 at 10:34 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

October 4, 1990, Toronto Maple Leafs, Jets won 7-1, goalie was Jeff Reese.

well ofcourse, i was talking about this first goal as a red wing.  do stats from other teams really matter?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 12/15/10 at 10:35 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Merphy?

whore mouth.

you know what to do with it.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 12/15/10 at 10:35 PM ET

Sullyosis's avatar

Mit me Mick?

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 12/15/10 at 10:35 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Mit me Mick?

your already five behind.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 12/15/10 at 10:36 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Evening Ya All!  Happy Birthday ~ Chief!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!