Abel to Yzerman

Come On Home, Son And Bring That Serial Killer With You

Tick Tock Kenny Holland has told us all he made a mistake when he waived Kyle Quincey.  Three years later, because it’s the Winged Way, he’s brought him back to Hockeytown.  That’s what Holland does, you know.  He lets them go with a promise that if they behave and improve and drop him a BFF text now and again? A spot will open up and it’s home again, home again.

Quincey’s not the first. He did it with Larionov, and with Osgood, Conklin, Darren by god McCarty and with a certain sociopath who we’ll discuss a bit more in just one second.  He brings them home. They win Cups. They stay on, retire as Wings, hire on with the greatest organ-I-zation in sports and then he does it all over again.  It’s loyalty and Holland’s got it in spades.  And it’s also, more importantly, righting a wrong.

So in wades Kyle Quincey.  Back to the third pairing (for now) and the second power play unit.  An upgrade all around and, just as good, a slap in the face to Denver…which is just plain funny.

And speaking of slapping Denver around, the Unibomber’s been signed for two more years.  Some people say he’s “polarizing”. That’s a nifty term these days, although it’s usually used with two other words in Detroit: Brendan and Inge.  I think we’re passed the point of controversy when it comes to our serial killer. He’s ours. We dig him. And for those of you who don’t? Well you can go ahead and suck it.

The Wings are better than they were a couple days ago.  The best team in hockey got better.  And now it’s on to 24 against the team that has just come right out and said they want to be the bastards to end it.  Ok.  We’ll see, Bobby.  I’m on record as saying Jim Howard’s a better goalie than Luongo.  I guess we’ll see tonite for a game that’s as important as one can get in February.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

RorSchach's avatar

WIN!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/12 at 09:22 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

If you guys like Trappist beer…her’s some good one’s.!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 02/23/12 at 09:23 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

While I like good beer… I whole heartedly admit if I am thirsty and its cold I’ll prolly drink it.
Flame away but some beer is far better than none.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/23/12 at 09:25 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

#3 line have been carrying their weight, along with the rest of the team lately.

#2 - is going to be tested, for sure.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/12 at 07:13 PM ET

Yeah, the top line has been hit or miss, and with Datsyuk out that trend looks to continue unless Z somehow energizes them.  I know I shouldn’t expect much out of the 4th line but ever since Abby moved to 3, they’ve been invisible.  Be nice for them to contribute something, but I think we are past that point in Homer’s career and neither of the rookies seem to be have much offensive punch.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/23/12 at 09:25 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

Free RW TV is down… permanently… anyone have a feed?

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 02/23/12 at 09:26 PM ET

If you guys like Trappist beer…her’s some good one’s.!!

De_zeven_trappisten.jpg

Posted by Gary Bettman SUCK from Florida on 02/23/12 at 07:23 PM ET

Are you fuching trying to kill me, man?

Hold on, let me write all that down.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/23/12 at 09:26 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s that time of the season to turn the switch to ON. Everyone better step it up a notch to prepare for the post-season run.

Q will help to shore up the D and bring some much needed hunger.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/23/12 at 09:26 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 02/23/12 at 07:26 PM ET

Feed, please?

Posted by SK77 on 02/23/12 at 09:27 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

some beer is far better than none

beg to differ.  Grew up on this stuff.  Isn’t all your beer 3% anyway?  Or is that a myth that we promote in Canada?

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/23/12 at 09:28 PM ET

I have a ViaSat link at the ready but I’m not sure if they’ll actually carry the Wings game.  At the top of the screen on the upper right, it says, “Nasta Program:  01:35 NHL: Detroit Red Wings-Vancouver Canucks | LIVE.”

I want to be sure they’re carrying the game before I post the link.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/23/12 at 09:29 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

FSD FEED

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/23/12 at 09:30 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’m in. send the Orca’s home with a big fat L

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/23/12 at 09:30 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

After laying out money for Center Ice I’m getting jipped with these lame NHL Network broadcasts. Better have Mickey and Ken on tap tonite.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/23/12 at 09:30 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

this might not work in US

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/23/12 at 09:30 PM ET

NVM, I got a better one.  FSD Feed.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/23/12 at 09:31 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Qman gets the start

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/23/12 at 09:32 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

The 3%is a myth unless you are buying beer in a non state licensed package store in states like KansASS.
Me Boulevard Irish Ale is a good 6%.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/23/12 at 09:33 PM ET

So I’ve been sitting outside in the snow waiting for the game to start while drinking some Dr. McGillicuddy’s Mentholmint.  I feel really good about things.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/23/12 at 09:33 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

LGRW
LGRW
LGRW

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/12 at 09:33 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

Wow Yoop, lifesaver. Thanks.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 02/23/12 at 09:33 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

i normally brew my homebrew to aboot 6%

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/23/12 at 09:34 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Jeebus man, give me a break.  I come home from a hard day’s work as an adult beverage professional and all any of you are talking about is beer???  Oh well, good thing I’m so damn dedicated that I don’t mind taking my work home with me.

Props to whoever mentioned Old Rasputin (one of the most drunken nights of my life) and Boulevard.  I’m drinking Deschutes Red Chair Ale tonight myself.  Awesome balance of hops and malt.  Cheers 19!!

LGRW!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/23/12 at 09:34 PM ET

any HD (close to) wings feed?

Posted by matti from south lyon on 02/23/12 at 09:34 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Posted by MarkK from Maryland

had four feeds up, but did not know until a few minutes ago, which one would have ken and mick

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/23/12 at 09:35 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Let’s Go Red Wings ...!!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 02/23/12 at 09:35 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

states like KansASS.

Saw some in Utah.  But figured that place is a one-off.

where the fvck is Garth?

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/23/12 at 09:35 PM ET

Who’s the new guy in the Call Sam Studio with the penchant for ESPNesque hype (he says, “It’s the biggest game in the homestand, tonight!”).  Shut up.  It’s just another game, fool.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/23/12 at 09:36 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Evening, bitches, what are you drinking?

I’m stuck gigging in the most overrated place in Canada, Niagara Falls.  Don’t get me wrong, The Falls are spectacular, it’s just the entire city around them sucks more than the Douche Canoe does with Rosby’s yambag.

I’ll check in later, if I have the chance, until then the bar is open.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 02/23/12 at 09:36 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

pregame song being sung.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/23/12 at 09:36 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Missed the “Win this fuching game with Swagger,” Wink.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/23/12 at 09:36 PM ET

D-e-s-c-h-u-t-e-s…

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/23/12 at 09:36 PM ET

Holy shit.  $0.20 masturbating to himself.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/23/12 at 09:37 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

God Voox…that amazing sig.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/23/12 at 09:38 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

drop the f’n puck, game on bitches.

lgrw

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/23/12 at 09:38 PM ET

Fils with Happy and Buckets starting the game.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/23/12 at 09:39 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

Do it.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 02/23/12 at 09:39 PM ET

FSD feed on NHL Network…could I possibly be happier.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/23/12 at 09:39 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

geebuz Murph - in the tank already.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/12 at 09:40 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Q got #27? that confirmed?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/23/12 at 09:40 PM ET

FSD feed on NHL Network…could I possibly be happier.

Posted by Valek on 02/23/12 at 07:39 PM ET

A hot chick in a Wings sweater handing you a cold bottle of beer?  No?

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/23/12 at 09:41 PM ET