Abel to Yzerman

Come On Home, Son And Bring That Serial Killer With You

Tick Tock Kenny Holland has told us all he made a mistake when he waived Kyle Quincey.  Three years later, because it’s the Winged Way, he’s brought him back to Hockeytown.  That’s what Holland does, you know.  He lets them go with a promise that if they behave and improve and drop him a BFF text now and again? A spot will open up and it’s home again, home again.

Quincey’s not the first. He did it with Larionov, and with Osgood, Conklin, Darren by god McCarty and with a certain sociopath who we’ll discuss a bit more in just one second.  He brings them home. They win Cups. They stay on, retire as Wings, hire on with the greatest organ-I-zation in sports and then he does it all over again.  It’s loyalty and Holland’s got it in spades.  And it’s also, more importantly, righting a wrong.

So in wades Kyle Quincey.  Back to the third pairing (for now) and the second power play unit.  An upgrade all around and, just as good, a slap in the face to Denver…which is just plain funny.

And speaking of slapping Denver around, the Unibomber’s been signed for two more years.  Some people say he’s “polarizing”. That’s a nifty term these days, although it’s usually used with two other words in Detroit: Brendan and Inge.  I think we’re passed the point of controversy when it comes to our serial killer. He’s ours. We dig him. And for those of you who don’t? Well you can go ahead and suck it.

The Wings are better than they were a couple days ago.  The best team in hockey got better.  And now it’s on to 24 against the team that has just come right out and said they want to be the bastards to end it.  Ok.  We’ll see, Bobby.  I’m on record as saying Jim Howard’s a better goalie than Luongo.  I guess we’ll see tonite for a game that’s as important as one can get in February.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Crow's avatar

Time to knock down another team that thinks they can beat us at home. LGRW!

Posted by Crow on 02/23/12 at 09:12 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

and it’s home again, home again.

there is no place like home, there is no place like home.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/23/12 at 09:17 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Hate to correct the Chief but its Brandon Inge.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/23/12 at 09:23 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

QMAN! DO it! Oh.. What’s QMan’s Nickname? Anyone know?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/12 at 09:24 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I’m thinking (queque Moe, is anything happening?) that with the addition of Quincey, DET now ice the best defense in the league that Gary shamed.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/12 at 09:24 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Hate to correct the Chief but its Brandon Inge.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/23/12 at 06:23 PM ET

See, that’s how bad he is. Can’t even get his name right.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/12 at 09:26 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/12 at 06:24 PM ET

I just hope the forwards show up tonight, gonna be a tall order for whoever plays Kesler since Z is probably gonna be against the Sedins.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/23/12 at 09:32 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Thanks, Master Chief.

Tick Tock ...

indeed.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/23/12 at 09:34 PM ET

Slainte, Master Chief.  Rudders to the home port.  Wish you and your shipmates were home.

Just another game.  Let the other guys deal with the fuching hype.  Wings only need to concentrate on getting the two points.

Oh and here’s my poison tonight:

If you haven’t tried it, y’all seriously missing out on an amazing beer.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/23/12 at 09:40 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

If you haven’t tried it, y’all seriously missing out on an amazing beer.

Where must one get something like that?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/23/12 at 09:41 PM ET

Jeebus, I’m spoiled here in Vegas…except for the persistent non-existence of Yuengling.  RorSchach, you don’t have it in your neck of the woods?  Not cool.  Maybe a more specialized store than your local liquor shop is a start or a local Mexican restaurant near you may have it.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/23/12 at 09:49 PM ET

Try this one SYF
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, brewed by North Coast Brewing Co., California, United States
97 out of 100
It’s so dark you can’t see light through it.

Posted by Alex on 02/23/12 at 09:50 PM ET

Try this one SYF
97 out of 100
It’s so dark you can’t see light through it.

Posted by Alex on 02/23/12 at 06:50 PM ET

I’ll check out “Total Wines” as soon as possible if they have it, Alex.  Cheers.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/23/12 at 09:54 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I’ll be imbibing Bell’s Hopslam.

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/23/12 at 09:55 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Gotta catch this one on DVR tonight.

Have a great LB

LGRW!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/23/12 at 09:55 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Posted by Alex on 02/23/12 at 06:50 PM ET

WOW. That’s quite the leap of faith—from Negra Modelo to Old Rasputin.

We’re doing Stone IPA & Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast over here for tonight’s game. Whatever it takes to get ‘er done, I guess.

Posted by SK77 on 02/23/12 at 09:57 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Tick Tock ...

indeed.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78

thanks stonehands for introducing me to a new musical artist.  lots of power.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/23/12 at 09:57 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.

Evenin’ Bitches. Aloha, Master Chief. Lay off Minge. He’s my favorite Tiger.

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/23/12 at 09:59 PM ET

Puck's avatar

If you haven’t tried it, y’all seriously missing out on an amazing beer.

Posted by SYF from a “Bron-Y-Aur Stomp” on 02/23/12 at 06:40 PM ET

Especial is better but from the bottle only not cans. Also, try not to drink beers owned by InBev when there are so many microbreweries which you can locally support.

Happy for the GWG
One highlight reel Kronwalling
Gordie How Hat Trick for Big Bert

Posted by Puck from San Francisco, CA on 02/23/12 at 09:59 PM ET

Slow down, you fuchers, I’m trying to write this shit down on a shopping list.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/23/12 at 10:00 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Local microbrew here… Boulevard Irish Ale. Too bad its a seasonal.
If anyone can come up with a feed, I’ll pour ya one.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/23/12 at 10:02 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

on this date in 1940——-

Canadian soldiers on parade just accidentally fired a tear gas bomb at UK War Secretary Oliver Stanley. Stanley & generals fled weeping

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/23/12 at 10:03 PM ET

Thanks, puck.  I always drink my beers from the bottle or tap and I stay the farthest away from beers in a can.  Maybe it’s just me but the taste of aluminum gets in the way.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/23/12 at 10:03 PM ET

B-o-u-l-e-v-a-r-d…

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/23/12 at 10:04 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

@SYF

There can be only one.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/23/12 at 10:05 PM ET

Puck's avatar

Posted by SYF from a “Bron-Y-Aur Stomp” on 02/23/12 at 07:03 PM ET

Cans are great if you’re floating down or river or on a beach where glass can be a hazard.

Good stuff though beer all around smile

Posted by Puck from San Francisco, CA on 02/23/12 at 10:05 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Canadian soldiers on parade just accidentally fired a tear gas bomb

I doubt it was an accident.  I had a good friend killed a lot of Nazis, and he said he regularly had to point his rifle at British officers.  Also refused to give up his U.S.-issue pistol (you know, since it actually worked).

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/23/12 at 10:07 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

taste of aluminum gets in the way

most cans used now for storing things that are edible now have a plastic liner inside the can between the metal and the stuff you consume.  this can also leave a bad taste in ones mouth.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/23/12 at 10:07 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

I’m sitting in class till 8:15 so I’ll have to live vicariously through the rest of the 19 til I finally get home sometime around 9.  Hopefully by then they are cruising to an easy 3+ goal win.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/23/12 at 10:08 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Hate to correct the Chief but its Brandon Inge.

He spells his name is Brandon.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 02/23/12 at 10:08 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

lmao SYF

I gotta skin out too and catch this one on DVR myself.  Here’s hoping our boys answer the bell and make us proud.

I wanna see some swagger tonight from the home team.

Welcome home Q.

See you bithces tomorrow

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/23/12 at 10:09 PM ET

puck, if I’m gonna have a beer in a can, make it a Guinness.  And it better have that mixer ball inside of it.  My first experience with a Guinness in a can was two summers ago when I went on a RCCL cruise to the Mexican Riviera on the Pacific side of Mexico.  They didn’t have Guinness on tap so they poured it out of a can.  I loved it.  Loved it enough to get drunk enough to find myself half naked in a whirlpool all by meself.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/23/12 at 10:10 PM ET

I shouldn’t have told that story.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/23/12 at 10:10 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I loved it.  Loved it enough to get drunk enough to find myself half naked in a whirlpool playihg with meself.

Posted by SYF from a “Bron-Y-Aur Stomp” on 02/23/12 at 07:10 PM ET

There, fixed that for you

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/23/12 at 10:13 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/23/12 at 06:32 PM ET

#3 line have been carrying their weight, along with the rest of the team lately.

#2 - is going to be tested, for sure.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/12 at 10:13 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Good grief, I am actually rooting for NSH tonight - shoot me now.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/23/12 at 10:15 PM ET

There, fixed that for you

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/23/12 at 07:13 PM ET

Well, that, too.  Until the ship’s porters told me to stop doing that in front of the girls in the ship’s gym.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/23/12 at 10:16 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by SYF from a “Bron-Y-Aur Stomp” on 02/23/12 at 07:16 PM ET

That’ll happen, now that people are all sensative since 9/11… Thanks a lot Bin Laden

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/23/12 at 10:17 PM ET