Abel to Yzerman

Chances of Success? Exactly Zero. Live Blog That And Stick It In Your Pipe.

The Wings have lost horrendously to the two worst teams in hockey.  Consecutive waterboardings. Disgusting.

So, tonite, against the team I believe to be the best in the Western Conference?

Tick Tock and Uncle Mike are starting a rookie because our other rookie (McCollum..is he even technically a rookie?) literally "terrifies" the organ-I-zation, and James Tiberius Howard is exhausted.

Our blue line is decimated and our third line can't score.  The fourth line has been instructed to let themselves get hit like Rudy Frigging Stein. Do not shoot. Do not swing. Do not make any offensive gestures. Engelbert's on deck and he's been killing the ball lately.

The Wings beat the Blues last time out after David Backes was tossed due to a clean check to a Detroit tummy.  He's going to be angry. The whole team is going to be absolutely frantic.  The crowd, amped up on Pall Malls and Ten High whiskey, will be quiet only long enough to swap tongues with whatever relative is on their immediate left.

The opponent. The atmosphere. The Wings, themselves.

All signs point to the worst regular season defeat in Detroit Hockey History.

Two goals for Datsyuk. One for Wally and one for Charlie by God Buckets.

Wings win 4-2.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 9 10 11

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Turnstile is leading the team in +/-.

That’s worthy of nothing considering he was like -4 after a couple of games.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/08/13 at 09:42 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

More Mrazek, please

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 02/08/13 at 09:53 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I checked out of the live blog after the first period last night, so just logged in to see the comments at the end of the game.  Red Winger’s “More Mrazek, please,” told me everything I needed to see.

I was listening on radio, and Paul Woods was singing Mrazek’s praises all evening.  Said he looked “calm and confident” in net.

Sounded like the defense played a lot better too.

And the 3rd and 4th lines scored.

My goodness, could it have been any better?

Dare we hope they can keep this up?  I hope Mrazek plays one of the weekend games, preferably on Sunday so I can see him.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/08/13 at 10:13 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

SAT FEB 9, 2013 - EDMONTON at DETROIT,  2:00 PM ET

SUN FEB 10, 2013 - LOS ANGELES at DETROIT,  12:30 PM ET

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/08/13 at 10:16 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Just watched the highlights.  Wow.  All the goals were fantastic, but Fil’s breakaway goal gave me chills.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/08/13 at 10:41 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Fil’s breakaway goal gave me chills.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/08/13 at 09:41 AM ET

I think we should hook up while watching a reel of Yzerman highlights.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/08/13 at 11:01 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

There I go poisoning The Blog again.

How about my observation after the first week, something like “This Red Wings team doesn’t look like its even physically capable of competing with the Blues and other top teams.”

What the Hell is going on?  They were so much quicker than the Blues last night, who completely lacked the physicality edge they had the first week.  Maybe Hitchcock wore them out with his demanding practices.  Maybe we’ve added some fresh legs.

We should have taken Columbus and Calgary to the woodshed, we’d be 7-2-1 15 right now.  Imagine that, 7-2 after that start we had?  But we weren’t even close in those two, outscored 8-3.

Chaos and revolving door mediocrity, Gary Bettman is in heaven.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/08/13 at 11:07 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

There I go poisoning The Blog again.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/08/13 at 10:07 AM ET

LOL

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/08/13 at 11:46 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Bertuzzi out this weekend one, maybe two games.  J. Anderrssson called up.  Will he play?  Will Eaves stay in civilian clothes?

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/08/13 at 05:08 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

No other comments?  You bitches wake up!!  It’s a 2 pm game tomorree.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/08/13 at 08:47 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

No other comments?  You bitches wake up!!  It’s a 2 pm game tomorree.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/08/13 at 07:47 PM ET

Been with the Grandson since 7 in the a.m. and lurking. One of my sons and his better half went to Vegas today to get hitched. I’m waiting on photos.

Tomorree is Hockey Day in Canada. My lucky half is half Canadian so’s we celebrate it.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!