Abel to Yzerman

All Aboard…Play Time Is Over, Live Blogging The 7th Re-Grand-Redolent Opening Of The Hasek

I really have no idea if this is the 7th year of the Stress Train.  We may have actually christened it in May of 2007…because that was one painful playoff year, bitches.  So it could be six.

February is upon us, or me, really.  It’s on me. I want to be..on February.  Sorry. Anchorman gets me sometimes.  In past years it’s been a painful, horror show of a month. Way Western trips thanks to Tiny Tim the Commish, injuries, losing streaks, goalie controversies, suicidal Legaces.  Hossa, Zetterberg and Yzerman contract worries.  It all seems to crash down on us in this sick twisted fuch of a month.

Oh, but I’m sure now that it’s a “four-team race”...(that’s a lie and every one of you knows it.  It’s coming down to us and the Blackhawks…and you know they’re gonna make a move, right Kenny? Right..tick..TOCK) that’s gonna make it all better, eh?  A little competition is going to make this one just flyyyy by even though it’s a Leap Year, oh yes it is.

No. We have pain on the horizon and that’s why the Stress Train is here for you.  We can’t make the pain go away but we can give you a comfy, stench-ridden, dark place where you and your fake friends can sit close but not too close but still pretty damn close and worry together.  Voox has the Hasek open and the cheap Ten High whiskey is literally on tap and flowing. It’s disgusting but it’s ours.

So up late we stay, or up early in my case.  It’s a Live Blog, bitches.  A Live Blog to kick off this god forsaken second half of a season that can only end with 12.  Only 12 because it is so decreed.

12 in 12 bitches. 12 in 12.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

stonehands-78's avatar

in

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/31/12 at 11:05 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

12 in 12 bitches. 12 in 12.

Evenin’ Bitches. Thanks Master Chief, for all the re-stressing.

Uh, where did the sidebar go?

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/31/12 at 11:13 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

No even going to touch that introduction - it is history that is all that it is.  Painful history to be sure.  Past performance does not guarantee future results - it does not, at least that is what the 401 guy says.  Right?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/31/12 at 11:20 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

In other good news… My son, YYZerman,(one of the 19 that hasn’t been around too much lately) brought me a game used stick.

Used by none other than the best screener, with the most beautiful huge ASS, in the game of hockey. Oh, yea. I am now the proud owner of a Tomas Holmstrom game used stick.

Homer’s ASS DNA is all over it. I love my son! I love Homer’s huge goal scoring ASS!Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/31/12 at 11:21 PM ET

Yes Chief,  Tick tock will be making his move soon.

Like Kate asked, Where is the sidebar??

Posted by Jeff from CO. on 01/31/12 at 11:25 PM ET

Paul's avatar

The Glossary?  We are doing some fine tuning, it will make an appearance soon.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/31/12 at 11:27 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I am now the proud owner of a Tomas Holmstrom game used stick.

Awesome, Kate.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/31/12 at 11:28 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

too bad homers a$$ will not be in play tonight.

game on bitches.

97.1 THE TICKET Radio Link

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/31/12 at 11:29 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Once more into the pit camarades, once more.  All we want is wins and points and more wins and more points, followed by yet more wins and points.  And we want that dynamic force who’s going to join our team sometime around Feb 27th—that one missing player who will step in and make this team truly dominant.

Let’s go Red Wings.  12 in 12, destiny calls.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/31/12 at 11:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

too bad homers a$$ will not be in play tonight.

I heard. As long as his ASS is healed and playoff ready, I can deal with it.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/31/12 at 11:32 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Evening ALL!  Thanks Chief.  Away or Home, Skate to the Throat!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/31/12 at 11:34 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Good for you Kate. You have a great son.

Finally a game after the Gary Ass dog and pony show.
Hope Homer is Ok. Been wanting to see Mursak play.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 01/31/12 at 11:34 PM ET

Ahoy there, Master Chief.

Jeebus, nobody - just NOBODY - can do a better job of putting to words our annual sickness.

And for that, I drink.  Slainte.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/31/12 at 11:37 PM ET

@Kate - Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/31/12 at 11:40 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Better half has been gone for eight days. Out visiting her Mother in West Branch. No not the one down by the Motor City, the one Skandia is in.

She just pulled the car into the drive way and wanted to know why I have not snowplowed the driveway while she was gone. Told her well it is that time of the year where it snows an inch or two every day now.

She brought home a large spice cake, with extra thick frosting. There goes the weight loss program I have been working on this year.

here is your list of players who have not yet scored a goal this year for the flames.

if one does, you know it was foreordained.

33   D   Anton Babchuk
41   L   Raitis Ivanans
3   D   Brett Carson
24   R   Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond
21   D   Clay Wilson
43   D   Joe Piskula
48   C   Greg Nemisz

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/31/12 at 11:45 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

I feel like I just read the list of our doom. Dammit, if that guy with four names scored it would suck. . .

Posted by Yzersyuk on 01/31/12 at 11:49 PM ET

Posted by Yzersyuk on 01/31/12 at 08:49 PM ET

I lol’d in my belly.  Serio.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/31/12 at 11:50 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

How right you are. I just wish I knew why players like those mentioned, as well as first NHL goals scored, always seem to happen against the Wings?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/31/12 at 11:51 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

FSD FEED

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/31/12 at 11:51 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks, Chief.

LGRW!!!!!

Kate, awesome!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/31/12 at 11:54 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

tribute to Brad M.

nice

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/31/12 at 11:56 PM ET

Thanks, Yoop.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/31/12 at 11:57 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Tick Tock, indeed. How about that guy wearing #12 on the (f)Lames? Aren’t they still looking at moving him? Maybe it’s the cold meds, I don’t know.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 01/31/12 at 11:57 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Kate, awesome!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Michigan, but now in Florida on 01/31/12 at 08:54 PM ET

Ms.RedWinger, I thought of you the minute is saw Homer’s name on the stick.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/31/12 at 11:57 PM ET

I swear Lauren the FSD Girl winked at me.  So I drooled.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/01/12 at 12:01 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

So did Murph but it had nothing to do with boobs.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/01/12 at 12:04 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Oh, yea. I am now the proud owner of a Tomas Holmstrom game used stick.

Awesome stuff, Kate.  I don’t think there’s any among the 19 who don’t consider Homer one of our all time favorites.

LGRW!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/01/12 at 12:04 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Hola Bitches!  Congrats to Kate on having a good son and congrats to Oakie Jeff for his sons and their commitment to our country.

Let’s play some hockey!

Posted by calquake on 02/01/12 at 12:06 AM ET

The tribute to Brad MacCrimmon was very moving.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/01/12 at 12:06 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I think FRW.TV must be delayed.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/01/12 at 12:07 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

wonder what it is like to walk on ice with high heel shoes?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/01/12 at 12:07 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

wonder what it is like to walk on ice with high heel shoes?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/31/12 at 09:07 PM ET

A question from the last Crosby presser?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/01/12 at 12:09 AM ET

Jamie Macoun.  w00t.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/01/12 at 12:11 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Yikes, long time no play. Bout time.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/01/12 at 12:12 AM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Good for you Kate!

Nice Tribute!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/01/12 at 12:12 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

evening all.  Still trying to crank the feed up.  apparently not having to pirate a feed for a week has left me kompooter…cranky.

Kate!  awesome!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 02/01/12 at 12:13 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Good stuff with the tribute.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/01/12 at 12:14 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

clap clap clap clap clap

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/01/12 at 12:14 AM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

clap,clap,clap,clap,clap x many claps

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/01/12 at 12:15 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Makes you wonder sometimes why we so worked up over hockey.  There are more important things in life.

Posted by calquake on 02/01/12 at 12:15 AM ET