Abel to Yzerman

All Signs Point To Disaster

This is the most redolent example of a trap game I've ever seen.

Coming off an emotional two game sweep of this once invincible and once Mighty Ducks, in front of 7 thousand of their own fans and 11 thousand of ours.

Phoenix hasn't won in five games.  Shane Doan has been playing for free the entire year, waiting for a Saudi pharmacist to buy the team. HockeyinHD says I shouldn't have said that about the Saudi pharmacist, that this is no place for hijinks like that.

This is a Live Blog, bitches.  And somewhere Murph is getting completely and utterly wasted, whore-style.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 11 12 13

WestWing's avatar

three road wins in a row and a power play that is scoring goals, you all better be jerking it into a sock tonight.

Damn man, what are you? Like a mind-reader or something?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/26/13 at 12:50 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Don’t tell him Truman beat Dewey.

Posted by calquake on 03/26/13 at 12:47 AM ET

Until Brad Van Pelt, Dewey was the most famous person from my home town Owosso.

Dewey Cheatem and Howe

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/26/13 at 12:51 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Looking at Douglas Murray on NHL Network. He fat.

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/26/13 at 12:50 AM ET

Fat and slow. You left out slow.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/26/13 at 12:52 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Wasn’t it Cal-Gary?

Posted by calquake on 03/26/13 at 12:49 AM ET

Could be, it was Alberta I’m pretty sure.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/26/13 at 12:54 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Wasn’t it Cal-Gary?

Posted by calquake on 03/26/13 at 12:49 AM ET

Could be, it was Alberta I’m pretty sure.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/26/13 at 12:54 AM ET

Edmonton… Cal-Gary… both irrelevant.

Posted by calquake on 03/26/13 at 12:55 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I can’t name a Wings player who isn’t named Franzen that didn’t play his ass off tonight.

but these three road wins, the #1 and #2 stars are…

yes that’s Jimmah and Wifah.

and #2…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 03/26/13 at 12:56 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I would have preferred Anaheim to beat SJ, the team that’s below us in the standings, barely.

I want to create some separation.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/26/13 at 01:01 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 03/26/13 at 12:56 AM ET

Wait, I see 2 stars in the first picture.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/26/13 at 01:03 AM ET

whorestyle's avatar

NIght bitches.

Posted by whorestyle from Whooorze-ville, Arizona on 03/26/13 at 01:08 AM ET

From Facebook:

Tonight’s Stars of the Game Powered by Ram Trucks are…
1. P. Datsyuk (1 Goal)
2. J. LaBarbera 32 Saves)
3. H. Zetterberg (1 Assist)

Ever had a tense, playoff-atmosphere kind of a game actually sober you up after five or six lovely bottles of Guinness?

I’m the only one?  Oy…

Had a great time at the pub watching tonight’s game with fellow Yotes fans.  At least, this bunch had a better attitude about their team’s predicament than the relentlessly stupid DuhUcks fans.

Keep rolling, Wings,.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 03/26/13 at 01:19 AM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

HOLY CRAP what a night. While walking up the steps after the game and I heard LaBarbera announced as the #2 star I literally yelled “you allow three fuching goals and you’re still the second star???” Awful looks from Phoenix fans, high fives from Wings fans. What a great night.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 03/26/13 at 03:31 AM ET

dougie's avatar

As I predicted, I fell asleep on the couch before the game started, and woke up in time to see the third period.

Then I went and found a sock and some lotion.

Posted by dougie on 03/26/13 at 08:22 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Wow!  The Wings did it again!  Wow!

And Pav was the first star.  I think he’s my new favorite Red Wing.  I just love the guy.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/26/13 at 08:45 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

even after only a few hours sleep I feel great this morning.

there’s just something different about waking up the morning after a great road win like last night.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 03/26/13 at 09:06 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

even after only a few hours sleep I feel great this morning.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 03/26/13 at 09:06 AM ET

I was aboot to say something similar, well about half an hour ago, but didn’t muster the concentration to do it.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/26/13 at 09:55 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Winning games Dong Style.
.. more to come..
( my photo web site is having some probems, can’t reduce the width, but everything is on here )

photo.JPG

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/26/13 at 11:35 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 03/26/13 at 03:31 AM ET

Yeah, considering Gustavsson stopped the penalty shot , that #2 is curious.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/26/13 at 11:36 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Specific Time, whore style.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/26/13 at 11:43 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Yeah, considering Gustavsson stopped the penalty shot , that #2 is curious.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/26/13 at 11:36 AM ET

Yeah.  The LOSING goalie gets a star and the winning goalie doesn’t? I thought that was ridiculous.  Should have been Gus.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/26/13 at 12:33 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

P.S.  Bill, I like that chart of yours.  It really tells the story.

cool smile