Abel to Yzerman

Admiral Ackbar, please pick up the white courtesy phone

Jeff here pinch-hitting, Chief is tending to other matters.

Detroyet have pulled off the improbable, taking 3 straight on the road; and then took a play-day in the sun on the rookies dime.  SJS played last night, this is their 3rd tilt in four nights.

Paging Admiral Ackbar, its a live blog with the bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

no doubt the Chief is still catatonic after Shero pulled out the Iginla deal.

Posted by A II R on 03/28/13 at 07:52 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

sharks have been getting 2 quick goal leads in the last few. Survive the wave of fury, get the first goal and chances will be good.

Game On!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 03/28/13 at 07:58 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

We could come out slow and lethargic, trying to burn off 37 Coronas.  The energy and commitment they’ve shown has been commendable, other than when it looked like they ran out of gas in the second period last game in Phoenix.

Franzen, 15 games left, it’s playoff time now.  Bring out the laser sword.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/28/13 at 07:58 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Jeff!  Fair winds to Chief!
Evening Rowdies!

2 points…...

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/28/13 at 08:00 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Hey OK…mailman says Saturday.  There’s also some Bomber love included

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/28/13 at 08:02 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I’ve got my poison ready.  What are you drinking bitches?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/28/13 at 08:02 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

present.

2 points ...

grab ‘em and run.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/28/13 at 08:05 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

SJ’s 3rd game in 4 nights, we are rested, total trap game.

Also, Phoenix leading Nashville 7-3 barely into the second period, what the hell.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 03/28/13 at 08:17 PM ET

calquake's avatar

SJ’s 3rd game in 4 nights, we are rested, total trap game.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 03/28/13 at 09:17 PM ET

Long time no read Malibu.  It’s a parity world we live in and a time when any team can beat any team on any given night. (with a few exceptions)  That being said I really, really would like at least one point tonight.

Posted by calquake on 03/28/13 at 08:22 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Hopefully the Wings smell some blood and kick their old foes while their down.  Its about time the Wings hand them whats coming to them.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/28/13 at 08:28 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Posted by calquake on 03/28/13 at 09:22 PM ET

Definitely, I haven’t been around here in awhile unfortunately, but home now and just may participate in the LB tonight. I was telling myself earlier today that I’d really love at least one point tonight. Were you at either Ducks game last weekend?

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 03/28/13 at 08:31 PM ET

klank's avatar

What are you drinking bitches?

went with RedBreast 12 year.  worked a month ago.. hoping for the same results.

60 minutes of one final swim, boys.  bust out those harp00ns… it’s gonna be a barn burner tonight, bishes!

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 03/28/13 at 08:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Were you at either Ducks game last weekend?

Couldn’t make either game and was given a double whammy because the Ducks blacked out both games even though I’m over a hundred miles away.  Thank dog the reprobates around here always supply a feed.  The best fake friends ever.

Posted by calquake on 03/28/13 at 08:39 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I’m going with the Cabo Wabo Tequila.  I may get plastered.. whore style of course.

And hey there, whore stylin’ bitches!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/28/13 at 08:45 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Posted by calquake on 03/28/13 at 09:39 PM ET

I refuse to pay for NHL Crap cause of all this bullshit that they have done. So I will continue to post stream links. Because I’m cool like that and want all my fake friends here at the 19 to join in on the streams. Though I must say, a 100 inch screen works pretty damn well too.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/28/13 at 08:48 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Swordfight! cheese

Posted by calquake on 03/28/13 at 08:53 PM ET

Slainte, Jeff.  Thanks for the pinch hit.

The patron saint of beers for me:  Guinness.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 03/28/13 at 08:54 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Posted by calquake on 03/28/13 at 09:39 PM ET

Unbelievable, stupid NHL. I had a friend at the second game, it was her first hockey game ever (I converted her to the legacy of the winged wheel) and she loved it. It didn’t hurt that we beat the stupid Ducks two games in a row in their own building.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 03/28/13 at 08:57 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Probably the best stretch of play all year.  Bless you for bringing another into the fold. L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake on 03/28/13 at 09:02 PM ET

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/28/13 at 09:06 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Fairwell and ado
to you fair Spanish ladies
Fairwell and ado
to you ladies of Spain

all you bitches ready for a Shark Hunt?

Posted by Hootinani on 03/28/13 at 09:09 PM ET

Shark Hunt?

Posted by Hootinani on 03/28/13 at 10:09 PM ET

For a split second there, I read that as something else:  “Sharp Khunt.”  Myyy baaad…

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 03/28/13 at 09:11 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I wish I had some damned alcohol—or ANY alcohol, for that matter—for tonight, but alas I’ll have to make do with Kool-Aid and Thin Mints cookies.

Let’s *#$%@& do this. Biznatches.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/28/13 at 09:12 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Also, stow your tarp(!) for at least 30 seconds before you post Jeff—you’re always ahead of the LEGIT feeds. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/28/13 at 09:13 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Joe Thornton can eat a bag of dicks.  I do love that gif though.  Go wings!

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/28/13 at 09:17 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Joe Thornton can eat a bag of dicks.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/28/13 at 10:17 PM ET

I betcha he could do it too.

Posted by Hootinani on 03/28/13 at 09:21 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Joe Thornton can eat a bag of dicks.  I do love that gif though.  Go wings!

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/28/13 at 10:17 PM ET

Does he have to eat the entire bag itself, or just the dicks inside?

Just wanted to share my latest attempt at “photoshop” with more people who can’t care:

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/28/13 at 09:23 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 03/28/13 at 10:23 PM ET

Is that the Yolo face?

Posted by Hootinani on 03/28/13 at 09:24 PM ET

That Whorton dive gif is one of the greatest gifs ever made.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 03/28/13 at 09:24 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

For reference, here’s the original:

You can see where I got the inspiration…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/28/13 at 09:24 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Rofl.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/28/13 at 09:24 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 03/28/13 at 10:24 PM ET

He is a goofy lookin bastard, but Id love to see that smile 3 or more times tonight

Posted by Hootinani on 03/28/13 at 09:26 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Let’s *#$%@& do this. Biznatches.

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 03/28/13 at 10:12 PM ET

Bear Grylls has to have some kind of trick to help you make booze out of your pee or something like that.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/28/13 at 09:26 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

I really hate Joe Thornton.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 03/28/13 at 09:27 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Checking in…man I hate these 7:30 starts.

Chief…you get your room cleaned up?

Roast duck on the weekend, chased down with 37 beers and a fricking Pina Colada. (My kingdom for a name!!)  Time to get healthy and feast on some shark!

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/28/13 at 09:27 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Ahoy you 19 bitches. Just got home from a shitty beer league game . We got hosed on a goal that was hand passed into the net. Was arguing with the ref who told me that I “had” to listen to him . After 20 secs of gibberish, I told him to fornicate with himself and the other team.  We get to play these douchnozzles in 2 weeks when our playoffs start. Payback is going to be a mutha.

Go Wings. Beat the Sharts.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/28/13 at 09:27 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches. Thanks Jeff. You got the call-up. I’m hoping for two points tonite.

No gimmicky bullshit. Two points straight-up. Whore-style.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!