Abel to Yzerman

A Stress Trifecta

I paused the Michigan debacle to give you another hastily conceived live blog.

Hopefully, the Wings will be up by three around 8:07 because I think there's something else on.  And hopefully the Tigers will be up by 5 after the first inning so I can turn back to watch the Wings. And hopefully the Michigan game just ends. Soon.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3

cigar_nurse's avatar

It’s a win with a lot of sloppy play in the d zone. That needs to be cleaned up if we expect to be a front runner in the conference.

Have a great weekend 19 and a Happy Thanksgiving to our friends to the north.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 10/12/13 at 08:47 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Is there anybody out there?
Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/12/13 at 09:44 PM ET

Couldn’t resist.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 10/12/13 at 08:47 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Couldn’t resist.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 10/12/13 at 09:47 PM ET

Hook. Line and, sinker. Thanks VooX. You are one of the good ones.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/12/13 at 08:55 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

I was watching U.M. football lose in 4 overtimes, then came over here :(

I saw Glendening single handedly kill a penalty.  He reminds me of Kris Draper, though not as fast.

That B*st*rd who slashed Tootoo should get a game misconduct.

Pavel & Z looking great.  Alfie with 3 helpers…that is better!

Posted by w2j2 on 10/12/13 at 09:18 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I didn’t see the first part of the game.  What I saw of Lashoff is that he probably deserves to be in the next game too.  Sorry Smith, you don’t get infinite do-overs, this isn’t tee-ball.

Philly is a baaaaad team though, that much was clear.  So I don’t know how much you really glean from the game.  It’s 2 points and move on.  Only real confirmation is that it really does seem like the offense will be just fine if the defense can just hold it together.

Newbury’s slash was…. man I just don’t know.  He’s an NHLer that should probably be an AHLer anyways.  It sucks knowing that he can do that and even if the league acts on it, it can’t hurt Philly because he’s such a garbage player anyways.  You want the real rats of the game, it’s those kind of guys.

Sorry UM fans.  Sparty had a better day for homecoming in East Lansing.  But UM losing to PSU and Northwestern getting shellacked in Madison is really going to hurt the B1G’s claim to having any power.  A lot of wins/games just lost some of their weight today.  It sucks.

Man I hope the Tigs can hang on in Baaaaaah-stihn.  Sanchez had one of the weirdest no-hitters I’ve ever seen, and somehow DET is still limping along while Jackson and Hunter are like a combined 3 of 21389423180482039.  Cabrera and Prince are supposed to be clearing the table, not setting it for V-Mart and Johny.

Posted by Primis on 10/12/13 at 10:18 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Sanchez had one of the weirdest no-hitters I’ve ever seen

Are you kidding me? What’s not to like about a guy who gives up six walks, isn’t anywhere near the strike zone on 80% of his pitches, and still strikes out 12 guys in six innings. If that isn’t classic Tigers baseball, I don’t know what is. smile

As for the Wings, Lashoff proved he absolutely deserves to be in the lineup vs. Smith. Give me a stay-at-home, reliable defenseman over a Smith-style player any day.

On a related note, Montreal is looking for a blueliner. Now is the time to ship Smith off for a 2nd round pick. But only if Bergevin throws in a bag of pucks in the deal.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 10/13/13 at 12:39 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Had a b-day party for a friend last night, so couldn’t LB.

Looks like few people LBd.

What’s goin’ on, people? Is A2Y on life support?

Hope not, you’re the 19 best fake friends,ever.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/13/13 at 08:28 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Datsyuk and his blind back hand.  It’s not a fluke.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/13/13 at 10:41 AM ET

Primis's avatar

What’s goin’ on, people? Is A2Y on life support?
Hope not, you’re the 19 best fake friends,ever.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 10/13/13 at 09:28 AM

I think it’s a combination of scheduling, as well as people not knowing if there is going to actually be a LB or not.  And the Tigers keep interfering as well.

It’ll right itself out in the next week or two.

Posted by Primis on 10/13/13 at 10:43 AM ET

dougie's avatar

Just watched the game on DVR. There was a lot to like last night. Good to see the lineup changes work. Wasn’t really stoked to see Tuzzi on the first line, but, what the hell? It worked last night.

The power play woke the fuch up. Alfie got 3 assists. What’s not to like? (rhetorical question. Please don’t tell me)

I’m still not used to the shift to the East, although I like the start times. I just don’t give a shit aboot Eastern teams yet. That may be one of the reasons the blog is off to a slow start.

Loving the Wings is only half of the equation. Some intense dislike for the other team makes the games better all around. We are not there yet, 19.

Oh, BTW, FUCH Patrick Whaaaaa.

Posted by dougie on 10/13/13 at 11:23 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

well we do play PHX twice this month, and the Sharks and Vancouver.

on the other hand, also Boston twice.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/13/13 at 11:57 AM ET

shanetx's avatar

Does he just throw fastballs nonstop?  That kind’ve stat line reminds me of watching the tail end of Nolan Ryan’s career as a kid.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 10/13/13 at 12:07 PM ET