Abel to Yzerman

A Much Needed Break

It's nice to be back after a much needed break from all the negativity that has surrounded the Wings since the big decline. A chance to refocus, and, see how it goes between now and the All Star break. Of course, there is more controversy in the news regarding the former coach, but, we don't care about that on a game night. We're here to enjoy whatever happens on the ice. Good or bad.

Tonight is Grateful Dead night at the Pizzarena, so with that in mind, a Dead lyric.....

"Lately, it occurs to me
 What a long, strange trip it's been."

It's a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

WingedRider's avatar

Oh no not another Wings Game, Go Wings Go

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 12/07/19 at 06:52 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Kate!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 12/07/19 at 06:55 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

wink  Mickey!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 07:01 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Hi Kate !
“Grate” to be back.

I am surprised the Wings ran with “Grateful Dead” tribute, so easy to turn that into “Grateful Dead Wings” tribute.

Posted by RWBill on 12/07/19 at 07:03 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Hi y’all! Thanks for hanging in there.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 07:05 PM ET

LGRW

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/07/19 at 07:08 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Here we go!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 07:09 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Another great night for a hockey game. I don’t expect to win but I demand effort. L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 07:09 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

“Lately, it occurs to me
What a long, strange trip it’s been.”

Awesome Kate! Hi all!

If you did not see the dead while Jerry Garcia was alive I am really bummed for you. Man they were fun!

Heading downtown for Noel Night so I will miss the game but you all enjoy and Go Wings!

May The Bong Be Strong!

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 12/07/19 at 07:16 PM ET

calquake's avatar

poop

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 07:17 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

May The Bong Be Strong!

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 12/07/19 at 07:16 PM ET

Dog in the D. Have fun.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 07:18 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Have a great time and sing one for the 19.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 07:19 PM ET

Pitchforking the goalie in play tonight

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/07/19 at 07:19 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

shut eye

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 07:20 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

UGH 0-1

Unfortunately, my new son in law is a BIG Pittsburgh sports FAN…. unfortunate because I really like him, except for that aspect…..

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 12/07/19 at 07:24 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

I was gonna make a joke of putting Erne,Perlinni, and Ehn together as a line (0 goals in combined 60 games).

However, Big Brain Blash actually put them out as a line… sick

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/07/19 at 07:29 PM ET

calquake's avatar

We all have our crosses to bear Red…  grin

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 07:30 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s Chair on

For better or for worse…... wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 07:30 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

That’s tough Redhead, after I introduced my daughter’s boy friend to minor league hockey in Richmond, when we had a team, he became a Capitals fan and married her.

Posted by RWBill on 12/07/19 at 07:32 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I really miss Mantha. Trevor kinda let the cat out of the bag regarding the “lower body”(knee)....

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 07:35 PM ET

calquake's avatar

poop redux.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 07:42 PM ET

poo

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/07/19 at 07:42 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

There aren’t any of 31 teams in the NHL playing below .800 points per game, except Detroit at .567, or 46 point pace for the season.

Posted by RWBill on 12/07/19 at 07:42 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

ugh 0-2

Come on Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 12/07/19 at 07:43 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Pretty sure Bernier did not even see that one.

Posted by RWBill on 12/07/19 at 07:43 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

What? I just left the room for a second. shut eye  shut eye

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 07:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Guess they really want Alexis What’shisname or the other top guy.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 07:47 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Hey 19!

Hellayshish thunder storm system rolling thru the Sierra foothils….no Direct TV reception.

So…

Whats the score??

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, looking for YzerMan...... on 12/07/19 at 07:50 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

With expectations so low, it’s nearly impossible for the this team to disappoint me anymore….. confused

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/07/19 at 07:50 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

We all have our crosses to bear Red…  grin
Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 07:30 PM ET

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s Chair on
For better or for worse…... wink
Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!
Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 07:30 PM ET

Richmond, when we had a team, he became a Capitals fan and married her.
Posted by RWBill on 12/07/19 at 07:32 PM ET

Thanks all, there is hope, I am hoping I can convert him, but the PIttsburgh Force is strong with him. (lol)

Go Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 12/07/19 at 07:55 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Hey 19!

So…

Whats the score??

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, I can see Yzerman from here…... on 12/07/19 at 07:50 PM ET

0-2 Unfortunately….
Stay Safe!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 12/07/19 at 07:56 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

0-2 Unfortunately….

Gracias!  weird weather…ive had snow get inthe dish but thunder storm is a new one.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, looking for YzerMan...... on 12/07/19 at 08:02 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Guess they really want Alexis What’shisname or the other top guy.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 07:47 PM ET

There certainly is some merit that a coaching change might give them a jump start, but that may be the last thing that the franchise wants.

Unfortunately, no matter by how large a margin they finish last, their odds of the #1 pick will be no greater than 18%, and somehow in this convoluted system, odds better at getting the 4th pick are better than 1+2+3 pick combined.

Posted by RWBill on 12/07/19 at 08:03 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

...and somehow in this convoluted system, odds better at getting the 4th pick are better than 1+2+3 pick combined…

I almost never agree with Brian Burke on anything, but he really feels that the lottery needs modification ensuring the bottom 3,4,5 teams get the best odds, and teams 6 -16 can’t pick in the top spots. I concur.

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/07/19 at 08:09 PM ET

calquake's avatar

You’re just a ray of sunshine ain’t you.  cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 08:12 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

He may not bring much offense to the team, but Mcalrath doing his best Steve Ott impersonation brings the potential of excitement to this season of pain.

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/07/19 at 08:13 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I concur.

I concur with your concurness.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 08:14 PM ET

He’s a keeper.  1-2

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/07/19 at 08:15 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Fabbri!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/07/19 at 08:15 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Good him Fabbi

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 12/07/19 at 08:16 PM ET

1 2 3 >       Next »