Abel to Yzerman

6 More Games And The Conflagration Will Be Complete

I think I spelled "conflagration" right.  I think. I don't have time to worry about that.  I just don't. I'm way late for this Live Blog and there is just no time to waste.

Chicago appears confident. They have a plan.  Mike Tyson, in all his wisdom, once said in  his best Gary Bettman voice that, "everybody's got a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth."

An early lead. An early goal. An early Kronwallian experience would serve as that punch in the mouth.

The "first ten" minutes tonite might be the most important "first ten minutes" in recent Wing history.

Circle the village.  Prepare the torches.  Because if this thing goes as we hope tonite?

Then we're talking a big, fat ass Western Conference fire.  A big one. With kerosene and high flames and smores and Backwoods cigars.

10 to 12.  6 to the Big Burn.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 20 21 22

Trish's avatar

Chicago sports writer that lit up the Wings after game one, Mr. Hammer-nail-non-spicy Wings?

Dan McNeil (ChicagoTribune)

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 05/23/13 at 10:12 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Dan McNeil (ChicagoTribune)

Thank you.

I’m sure I’ll be hearing from Mr. McNeil’s lawyers by lunch tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/23/13 at 10:13 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Babs “Howie played well, we pay him to play well and expect him to do that.”

Our intern tells it like it is.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/23/13 at 10:15 PM ET

Dan McNeil (ChicagoTribune)

That’s one big nail

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 05/23/13 at 10:15 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

LIAM:  So Mike, what would you do to get Chicago going tonight?

MILBURY:  I WOULD TRADE HOSSA AND TOEWS TO VANCOUVER FOR CAM BARKER, AND THEN KANE AND SHARP TO EDMONTON FOR SHAWN HORCOFF.  AND THEN I’D THROW A SHOE AT THE REF.  THEN LAUGH AND LAUGH AND LAUGH BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW BAD I AM AT MY JOB, PEOPLE STILL HIRE ME AND CONSIDER ME AN EXPERT ANALYST.

LIAM:  Keith?

JONES:  I’d hire Patrick Roy as coach.

LIAM:  And now out to the arena for Edzo and Pierre…

EDZO:  SUBTLE INTEREFRENCE.  Detroit gets away with subtle interference.  I have nothing else to add, I only have one line i repeat.  Oh and Crosby is awesome.  Detroit shouldn’t subtly interfere with him like they do.

PIERRE:  Duncan Keith is a MONSTER back there on that luscious Chicago back-end.  I asked Mike Babcock about that last wind-aided rush for Detroit and he said he wished he had Toews and Crosby on his team.  Liam?

LIAM:  When we come back, we’ll spend the next 25 min. discussing Sidney Crosby and the Pens.  back after this…

Posted by Primis on 05/23/13 at 09:12 PM ET

LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 05/23/13 at 10:16 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

Our goalie is better than yours.

Our Captain is better than yours.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/23/13 at 09:37 PM ET

and OUR FANS are better than yours !!!!  :-D

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 05/23/13 at 10:25 PM ET

Trish's avatar

and OUR FANS are better than yours !!!!  :-D

Posted by MsRedWingFan

Well yes.  Wings fans have been fans for more than 3 years AND of course, Wings fans actually know hockey.

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 05/23/13 at 10:29 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

What an win! The Joe was rocking! So happy.

I BELIEVE!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 05/23/13 at 10:34 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

no matter what happens from here on out I am so proud of this team….

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 05/23/13 at 11:38 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

I loved how even after Bacock told Pierre they weren’t stretching the play(Chicago) and that they had it under control, he continued with it for the entire rest of the game. He didn’t have anything else. Canoe=0 / Uncle Mike=3

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 05/23/13 at 11:39 PM ET

So I step away for a while and I come back home to see a 2-nil Wings victory.  I see the highlights and I got all giddy seeing that Kindl had the GWG.

OMG.  What the hell is happening here?  Whatever it is, I like it.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/23/13 at 11:55 PM ET