Abel to Yzerman

6 More Games And The Conflagration Will Be Complete

I think I spelled "conflagration" right.  I think. I don't have time to worry about that.  I just don't. I'm way late for this Live Blog and there is just no time to waste.

Chicago appears confident. They have a plan.  Mike Tyson, in all his wisdom, once said in  his best Gary Bettman voice that, "everybody's got a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth."

An early lead. An early goal. An early Kronwallian experience would serve as that punch in the mouth.

The "first ten" minutes tonite might be the most important "first ten minutes" in recent Wing history.

Circle the village.  Prepare the torches.  Because if this thing goes as we hope tonite?

Then we're talking a big, fat ass Western Conference fire.  A big one. With kerosene and high flames and smores and Backwoods cigars.

10 to 12.  6 to the Big Burn.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

bezukov's avatar

Tried to get monkey to drink it, but he was into his codeine

Posted by dougie on 05/23/13 at 07:54 PM ET

One these days we’ll have to take care of that Dougie.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 05/23/13 at 07:00 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Checking in on the LB.

Time to stomp on some Toes!

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 05/23/13 at 07:01 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Wow. just realized I haven’t been this amped for a hockey game since probably ‘09.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/23/13 at 07:01 PM ET

Holy fuch, that NBC intro was sooo obviously Cawks centric.

:barfs:

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/23/13 at 07:01 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Going to enjoy tonight’s game

Posted by Valek on 05/23/13 at 07:55 PM ET

Not crazy about scotch but that stuff is awesome.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 05/23/13 at 07:01 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Evening bitches.  Can’t get a feed on this airport interwebs…but I’m here for an hour bitches.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/23/13 at 07:01 PM ET

tkfergy's avatar

NBCSPN Site link

Posted by tkfergy on 05/23/13 at 07:01 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

oh geez, the one guy (Emrick) who is worth a damn on this broadcast crew has the sickies.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 07:01 PM ET

Primis's avatar

So we get Edzo, but Emrick is MIA.

Posted by Primis on 05/23/13 at 07:02 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Evenin bitches. I need my hockey fix. <L.G.R.W>. Fuching NBC “this strange postseason has seen the redwings leading the Chicago Blackhawks” how is that strange?

Posted by Yzersyuk on 05/23/13 at 07:02 PM ET

dougie's avatar

guess who got hired as Avs coach and VP of hockey operations today?

So it’s safe to call him FATTY Whaaaa now, I see.

Posted by dougie on 05/23/13 at 07:02 PM ET

No Doc, but the Peck steps in for him.  Peck ‘n Olcsux.  Ewwww…

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/23/13 at 07:02 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Waaah is coach and VP of operations? Nice.
Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/23/13 at 07:57 PM ET

Really wish we were staying in the WC. Love to see what sort of meltdown the Wings would cause. Remember Crawford screaming at Bowman?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/23/13 at 07:03 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/23/13 at 07:55 PM ET

$25 dollar tequila?  Just show me where to sign.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 05/23/13 at 07:03 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 08:01 PM ET

No surprise, sumbitch looks like a skeleton

Posted by Hootinani on 05/23/13 at 07:03 PM ET

sapper78e's avatar

Edzo!!!!! bbbbaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Posted by sapper78e on 05/23/13 at 07:03 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Cawks centric.

Nice turn of wurds there.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 05/23/13 at 07:04 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

I am singing “the night they burned the conference down, and the Wings fans were singin’”

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/23/13 at 07:04 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 08:01 PM ET

Emrick couldn’t make the DRRRIIIIIVVVEEEE to the arena?  Like maybe someone PITCHFORKED him in the abdomen?

Posted by Primis on 05/23/13 at 07:04 PM ET

monkey's avatar

So it’s safe to call him FATTY Whaaaa now, I see.

I hear Fat Patty’s makes some wicked good burgers.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 07:04 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 08:01 PM ET

I honestly wonder if he’s getting diagnosed for Alzhemiers right now.  Dude seems to forget what game he is watching a couple times a night.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 05/23/13 at 07:05 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

anybody have that GIF of the Cawks player going apeshit on the bench last game?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 07:05 PM ET

dougie's avatar

How shortsighted of me. Finished a growler of IPA already.

Beerless.

Looks like Jameson shots for the duration. I will totally understand if any of the 19 decide to go ahead and block my posts tonight.

Posted by dougie on 05/23/13 at 07:05 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

guess who got hired as Avs coach and VP of hockey operations today?

Surprised he didn’t demand to be general manager and goalie coach and .......

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 05/23/13 at 07:06 PM ET

At least we probably won’t have to listen to any horse racing talk tonight.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 05/23/13 at 07:06 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

LOL that’s what I get for Googling for it…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/23/13 at 07:06 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

guess who got hired as Avs coach and VP of hockey operations today?

So it’s safe to call him FATTY Whaaaa now, I see.

‘member that post game presser, probably in 97 or 98, after we beat the Avs after game one or two, and Roy was at the table with Deadmarsh, and he just blurts out something like, “Detroit, they must pay the price,” and gets up and stomps put of the room…. Deadmarsh sort of sheepishly followed cause he didn’t know how to follow that. Quoth Bugs Bunny: what a maroon!!!

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/23/13 at 07:06 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

Uncle Mike = general tecumseh sherman

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/23/13 at 07:07 PM ET

monkey's avatar

COULD HE GO?  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/23/13 at 07:07 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I am hearing Levon Helm sing it. Beautiful.

Posted by dougie on 05/23/13 at 07:07 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Surprised he didn’t demand to be general manager and goalie coach and .......

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, SCP Round #2….whore style on 05/23/13 at 08:06 PM ET

Well, he is VP now, he’ll probably just hire himself

Posted by Hootinani on 05/23/13 at 07:07 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/23/13 at 07:07 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Ah yes Bartender…thank you.  My Bombay Sapphire Martini—PERFECT.

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/23/13 at 07:07 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Not an Emrick fan myself. Only so many “and he spirits it up the ice” I can take.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 05/23/13 at 07:07 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

PaulinMB… it was Toes crying at Hossa. I can’t linky from my phone though.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/23/13 at 07:08 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by dougie on 05/23/13 at 08:05 PM ET

Oh hell no…...this is when it gets good.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 05/23/13 at 07:08 PM ET

They must be wailing in their sleep that Waaah’s not coaching the Habs.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/23/13 at 07:08 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Uncle Mike = general tecumseh sherman

Nice burn it down reference.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/23/13 at 07:09 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Starting with Flying Dog Snake Dog, then moving on to Founders Double Trouble.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/23/13 at 07:56 PM ET

I was THIS close to going with the Snake Dog.  Ended up starting with a Leinies Big Edy Russian Imperial Stout.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/23/13 at 07:09 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

DROP THE FUCHING PUCK ALREADY!!!!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/23/13 at 07:09 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »