Abel to Yzerman

[11/27/2013] GDT: Red Wings vs Bruins

Goalie controversy? Definitely not.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

RedMenace's avatar

Sorry again for the late start… had some technical difficulties.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/27/13 at 02:16 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Also, I need some ideas for how to present the “previous game” section, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know… it’s driving me mad.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/27/13 at 02:18 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Red!

I Live for reading your GDT “Injuries and Scratches” - Hilarious!

Congratulations to Ericsson for signing a 6 year contract with the Red Wings!

And Happy Birthday to Ozzie!

And Happy Thanksgiving eve to you all (19+) I hope you all have an enjoyable, safe, happy time with family & friends!

And…..

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 11/27/13 at 02:59 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks, RM.  I’m not a webmeister, so can’t help you out with technical things, sorry.

I think the 4th line for tonight at least reflects who should be on the 4th line.  Doesn’t seem like Weiss is panning out too well, does it?  I really thought he’d be better than he has been - he was described as a good player on a not-so-good-team before we got him.  He’s had plenty of time to adjust to the Red Wings system by now, so I wonder what the problem is.  IMO, any of those guys on the 4th line tonight could go bye-bye without any adverse impact on our team.

Glad to see Monster in goal.  He’s really been the better goalie overall (recognizing that he’s had fewer starts).  Mickey Redmond commented last game about how his body language reflected how badly he wanted a win that night. Hope he can stay healthy.

Not sure I’ll be watching.  The thought of that NBC crew makes me nauseous.  If I don’t watch, I’ll listen to Ken and Paul.

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/27/13 at 03:01 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 11/27/13 at 02:18 PM ET

Can you explain a little bit more what you mean? I see right now you have the box score for both teams’ previous game. What else were you wanting to incorporate?

Posted by SK77 on 11/27/13 at 03:01 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Just in case I’m not in the LB tonight, I hope all the 19+, the Empreor, George and the Master Chief enjoy a very Happy Thanksgiving with your loved ones.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/27/13 at 03:03 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Hate to disagree Ms RW, but to me Weiss has yet to adjust and gain strength in his repaired wrist. He’s been showing up defensively, always in the play so-to-speak, and is always working his butt off on the ice. His point totals are horrific for sure, and yes I’d like to see more out of him as would Babcock, Holland and crew but he’s not out there stinking up the ice like two other veterans much maligned on this site seem to be. If, at the end of the season, he still hasn’t produced offensively like it was hoped, then yeah, I’d say he might’ve been a bust but for now he’s doing his job without complaining.

I don’t think he’s had any time to adjust at all, especially given how he was hurt for what, a good two to three weeks in the middle of it all?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 11/27/13 at 03:55 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

In the Beating a Dead Horse category, Cleary is not just “not hot,” he is so cold he makes the South Pole look like Maui. 0 fer the last nine games doesn’t begin to describe it. He has 1 single solitary point in the 11 games played during November. He has a whopping 3 points 24 games into the season. Cleary, Babs and Holland ought to be embarrassed every time Cleary gets on the ice.

I like Cleary as a person. He is a class act. As a Hockey player, he just can’t cut it at the NHL level any more, at least not on a team that considers itself a contender.

I feel bad for Weiss stuck between Leaky Buckets and William Tell. Weiss doesn’t stand a chance of proving what he can do centering that duo.

The Wings paltry 29 points would put them in 10th place in the West.

Of course, if the Wings were still in the West, chances are they wouldn’t have even a paltry 29 points.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 11/27/13 at 04:15 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Good points you made about Weiss, mrfluffy. We’ll see.  Maybe my expectations for the guy were too high.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/27/13 at 04:18 PM ET

Thanks, RedM.  Raising a Bailey’s Cahf-fee to the GDT.

No Dangles and a $5 million centerman is on the fourth line.  jOY.

Just get the win, Wings.  Just.Win.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/27/13 at 05:02 PM ET

monkey's avatar

FROM ELIAS: Henrik Zetterberg reached the 700-point mark for his NHL career when he assisted on Johan Franzen’s game-winning goal in Buffalo on Sunday. Zetterberg, who has played his entire career with the Red Wings, hit the 700-point plateau in his 739th game. The only players who needed fewer games to rack up 700 points for the Red Wings than Zetterberg are Steve Yzerman (519), Sergei Fedorov (638), Gordie Howe (673), and Pavel Datsyuk (706).

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 11/27/13 at 05:12 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I’m thankful for this wonderful GDT.

Thanks, RedMenace.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/27/13 at 05:20 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

I’m hyped up for my first game at the joe in about six years! Despite Weiss’s slow start I don’t really get his placement on the fourth line. The only arguement for it is andersson/Tatar chemistry. Anyway let’s eke out a win and call it a night. LGRW

Posted by Yzersyuk on 11/27/13 at 05:33 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by monkey from Finland on 11/27/13 at 05:12 PM ET

Nice.  Thanks for that tidbit.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 11/27/13 at 06:35 PM ET