Abel to Yzerman

[10/21/2013] GDT: Red Wings vs Sharks

Sorry for the late start, folks.

* All logos, graphics, fonts, wordmarks, and trademarks are copyright their respective holders

** Information courtesty of TSN.ca, NHL.com and the NHL Media Relations Department.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

bezukov's avatar

So when do actually get to join the East?  So far I’m seeing the same off-brand Western conference crap teams we’ve always dealt with.  I’m so ready to be done with the Charks and Peyotes.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/21/13 at 01:58 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I am remiss, thanks for the GDT Red.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/21/13 at 01:59 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Awesome job, Red.  Wish I felt better about tonight’s game.  Please prove me wrong, Wings!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 10/21/13 at 02:10 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

great looking post Red, wish i could say the same for the Wings lineup

Posted by Hootinani on 10/21/13 at 02:15 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

+23 for the Sharts.  big surprise

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 10/21/13 at 02:18 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Red! No Worries about timing…..

Hope we see a rested Red Wings team tonight.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/21/13 at 02:25 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Start on time, leave no doubt, yadda, yadda, yadda….....
I’ve heard all the cliches.

JUST FUCHIN WIN!

Thanks RedMenace.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/21/13 at 02:32 PM ET

RedM, looks great.  Thanks, man.

[Officials]
Referees: Dan O’Rourke (9) & Tom Kowal (32)
Linesmen: David Brisebois (96) & Darren Gibbs (66)

gREAT.  O’Dork and Bowel.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 10/21/13 at 02:37 PM ET

For the first time in a long while, I’m fairly nervous about our defense corps.

Okay, I lied.

I am VERY nervous, but if there is ever an opponent to test this so-young defense, SJ is a damn good place to start.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 10/21/13 at 02:40 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Once big rivals in the Western Conference

Now it’s just a run-of-the-mill-everday-regular-season cross-conference rivalry. Did the Wings move east? I dunno, can’t tell.

Thanks RM

LGRW

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 10/21/13 at 02:51 PM ET

RhymeTimeWingsDings's avatar

NEED A BIG ONE FROM JIMBO TONIGHT!

Posted by RhymeTimeWingsDings on 10/21/13 at 02:53 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

Good stuff man.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 10/21/13 at 03:04 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

What happened to our defensive lines… Who are those people…

Posted by pgoody on 10/21/13 at 03:09 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

BTW look at all the pluses for the SJS… jeebus…

Posted by pgoody on 10/21/13 at 03:10 PM ET

Paul's avatar

pgoody, I read today the Sharks have a team goal differential of +23.  13 teams don’t even have 23 goals.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/21/13 at 03:43 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Yzerman scheduled to be in the Joe tonight.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/21/13 at 04:19 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

I read today the Sharks have a team goal differential of +23.
Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/21/13 at 04:43 PM ET

Paul, I read that too…. at the top of this page below [Officials] and above [Pre-Game Setup and Updates].    tongue wink

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 10/21/13 at 04:29 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

By the way, just in case anyone hadn’t realized, quite a few things in the GDT are clickable.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/21/13 at 04:35 PM ET

bigdee89's avatar

Sounds like no Ericsson as his wife may be in labour.  Could be an interesting defensive game

Posted by bigdee89 from The Great White North Eh? on 10/21/13 at 04:38 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/21/13 at 05:35 PM ET

Great, which part do I click to order some NHL caliber dmen for the Wings?

Posted by Hootinani on 10/21/13 at 04:39 PM ET

bigdee89's avatar

“Great, which part do I click to order some NHL caliber dmen for the Wings?”

-too funny. I’m scared to watch this game

Posted by bigdee89 from The Great White North Eh? on 10/21/13 at 04:40 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

good job, RM.

I did notice the links the 1st time you started using them.
nice touch, makes it quite professional.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/21/13 at 04:56 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 10/21/13 at 05:29 PM ET

Ha, see, I told you so.

Actually I read it earlier today and as I mentioned in the past, these gameday quotes get mentioned a lot, but we used to think boy that person did a lot of research, but now we know the truth.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/21/13 at 05:07 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 10/21/13 at 05:29 PM ET

Hmmm… so what you’re saying is I should switch TMR’s link and the Team Stats…

... I agree. wink