Abel to Yzerman

[10/15/2013] GDT: Red Wings vs Blue Jackets

Third game in four nights, and the second half of a back-to-back?

Update: Wow, sorry about that; apparently I killed the pages and had to remake them realgu... er, quick.

* All logos, graphics, fonts, wordmarks, and trademarks are copyright their respective holders

** Information courtesty of NHL.com and the NHL Media Relations Department.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Zqto's avatar

I dont usually read a lot of GDTs, but I have to admit these are looking pretty sweet, RedMenace!

Nice job!
I can guess how much work you need to put into this, to look this nifty, and I’m pretty sure we all appreciate it

Posted by Zqto on 10/15/13 at 12:36 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Mrazek recalled.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/15/13 at 12:38 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Thanks, Zq… still trying to figure out why Firefox and Chrome handle the iFrames differently, but whatever.

The hardest part is trying to put together the team logo for the individual stats; “anal retentive” and “trying to get things done quickly while at work” don’t really mix well together. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/15/13 at 12:39 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Gaborik is a game time decision, has the flu.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/15/13 at 12:45 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

As a software developer who loathes HTML, but every once in a while has to work with it, I can relate…  Hahahha

Mrazek recalled means Jimmy cant even take backup place.. I hope his hand is ok, I had a bad feeling about it, reading Babs comment

Posted by Zqto on 10/15/13 at 12:57 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Thanks RM.  And Paul.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/15/13 at 01:34 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Regarding radio coverage—is 97.1 FM “The Ticket” not covering this game?

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 10/15/13 at 01:37 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Thanks RM! Unfortunately, you are blocked and I cannot read the GDT at work. I get the following message:

This Page Cannot Be Displayed
Based on your organization’s access policies, access to this web site ( https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/etc. ) has been blocked because the web category “Online Storage and Backup” is not allowed.

Maybe it’s fixable on your end, most likely not. Just FYI.
I guess it will have to wait until I get home.
downer

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 10/15/13 at 02:07 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Regarding radio coverage—is 97.1 FM “The Ticket” not covering this game?

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 10/15/13 at 01:37 PM ET

The only thing linked from the Wings site is AM1270, so if 97.1 is streaming it, they don’t say. I’ll check that in the future.

Posted by SnLO from the sub-great white north on 10/15/13 at 02:07 PM ET

Once I figure out how to set up a “web server” at home, I’ll put the hosted pages there… hopefully that will take care of any issues like that.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/15/13 at 02:21 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

tanx RM.

and this:

Helm’s getting close ...

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/15/13 at 02:41 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Center Ice is supposed to have a free preview through Oct. 19th. I am not sure where it’s available. Verizon does not seem to be with the plan, but that must be a mistake.

NHL® Center Ice® | iN DEMAND
Download schedule (PDF): Monthly Schedule or HD Games Schedule ... NHL®, CENTER ICE® and Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL® ...
early bird free ...
EARLY BIRD FREE PREVIEW OCT 2013 ...
More results from indemand.com »

Thanks RedMenace. It’s looking better every game.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/15/13 at 03:10 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

In 2 games played, Lashoff is quietly +1.
Quincy and Smith are -5 and -4 respectively.

Posted by w2j2 on 10/15/13 at 03:12 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Okay, I did a quick remote setup of a “web server” at home - is everything still working correctly?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/15/13 at 03:16 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/15/13 at 03:16 PM ET

Well, at least my message changed.  blank stare

This Page Cannot Be Displayed
Based on your organization’s access policies, this web site ( http://aresrising.dyndns.org/pub/GDT//etc.htm ) has been blocked because it has been determined by Web Reputation Filters to be a security threat to your computer or the organization’s network. This web site has been associated with malware/spyware.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 10/15/13 at 03:29 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The Center Ice free preview is available on the SD channels.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/15/13 at 03:33 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Is that FSD meaning it will be on a Center Ice channel, or on NHL network using one of the host feeds?  I should look that up beforehand.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/15/13 at 03:34 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by SnLO from the sub-great white north on 10/15/13 at 03:29 PM ET

Hah, well I guess your company doesn’t like dyndns-based sites either. I’ll see if I can find some sort of file hosting service (free, of course) that allows what I’m doing.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/15/13 at 03:34 PM ET

calquake's avatar

This web site has been associated with malware/spyware.

My name is Menace, Red Menace.  I take my liquor neat, not watered down. cheese

Thanks for your efforts Red.

Posted by calquake on 10/15/13 at 03:36 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/15/13 at 03:34 PM ET

NHL.com simply said “FS-D” and “FS-O,” and they usually differentiate when broadcasting on NHL-N or NBCVSOLN.

Should be available on CI or GCL.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/15/13 at 03:36 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

it has been determined by Web Reputation Filters to be a security threat to your computer or the organization’s network. This web site has been associated with spyware.

Posted by SnLO from the sub-great white north on 10/15/13 at 03:29 PM ET

Well with a host named “Red Menace”  that is just begging for Homeland Security to monitor, lol.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/15/13 at 03:38 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Ok good thanks

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/15/13 at 03:40 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Gaborik BJs leading scorer expected to be in game, “flu” to detroit to meet team.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/15/13 at 03:47 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Ok this is weird.  Today when i submit a comment from my ipad on verizon the thread immediately pops up in a new, additional tab to A2Y.

I go back and close the previous tab to A2Y.

Weird.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/15/13 at 03:49 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Boy oh boy the Wild Card Standings format on nhl.com is going to take some getting used to, not to mention these weird cities.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/15/13 at 03:55 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I go back and close the previous tab to A2Y.

Weird.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/15/13 at 03:49 PM ET

Same thing is happening to me on my PC.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/15/13 at 03:56 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I go back and close the previous tab to A2Y.

Weird.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/15/13 at 03:49 PM ET

Me too. I guess we’re both weirdos. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/15/13 at 03:59 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

4. Tryin for 5.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/15/13 at 03:59 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

All the way. Wonder what’s goin on?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/15/13 at 04:01 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Whore iPad. Bitches. More tabs

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/15/13 at 04:02 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Hey, SnLO, if you’re reading this, how about now?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/15/13 at 04:26 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/15/13 at 03:34 PM ET

Don’t worry about going to much trouble over this just so I can read it it at work.

This the rest of the message (if it helps):
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 16:19:10 EDT
Username:
Source IP: 10.2.11.69
URL: GET http://aresrising.dyndns.org/pub/GDT/GameDayHeader-New.htm
Category: Web Hosting
Reason: BLOCK-MALWARE
Threat Type: othermalware
Threat Reason: Domain reported and verified as serving malware. IP addresses are not typically used as legitimate web hosts.
Notification: WBRS

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 10/15/13 at 04:27 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Hey, SnLO, if you’re reading this, how about now?
Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/15/13 at 04:26 PM ET

yes loud and clear!

Nice work!

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 10/15/13 at 04:27 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Okay, Google Drive hosting it is. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/15/13 at 04:30 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/15/13 at 03:55 PM ET

I know, right?  WTF is “Tampa Bay”, or “Ottawa”... and seriously no real place is actually called “Buffalo”.  What’s with that?

Posted by Primis on 10/15/13 at 04:34 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Great, now I have to figure out what I’ve done. Sigh.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/15/13 at 04:47 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Sorry guys, accidentally murdered the page.

Remind me not to mess with “privacy settings” on something in production again, will you?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/15/13 at 05:16 PM ET