Abel to Yzerman

[03/11/2014] GDT: Red Wings vs Blue Jackets

Exciting stuff, eh?

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

redxblack's avatar

We’re in bizzarro world - the wings and blues are meeting and the best team in the league is taking on a bubble team. We’ve seen this setup from the other side so many times.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/11/14 at 11:11 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

Looks like I lose my pharmacist license. I thought we were playing the Bloose tonight, not the Blue Jackets and matching handbags.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/11/14 at 11:21 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I’ll beat SYF to it…. Brad Watson.  hmmm

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/11/14 at 11:34 AM ET

Bill from GR's avatar

This has become the most Must Winiest game of the year.

Go Wings.

Posted by Bill from GR on 03/11/14 at 11:49 AM ET

Brad Watson…..

Forced me to start drinking at lunch instead of waiting until pre-game.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/11/14 at 12:05 PM ET

Thanks, RedM.  A mugful of Kona cawfee salute to the GDT.  Kanpai.

I’ll beat SYF to it…. Brad Watson.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/11/14 at 12:34 PM ET

The zebra suckritage will be awesome to behold tonight.  RSV.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/11/14 at 12:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Nothing less than a WIN is acceptable, because the alternative is missing the Playoffs for the first time in over 20 years. Once you miss the Playoffs, you lose the culture of winning that has sustained Detroit.

Winning. It’s what we feed off.

Once you miss the Playoffs, the next time is easier. And so on.

Thanks Red.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/11/14 at 01:17 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Thanks Red!

(Just betwixt us the header still says NJ Devils. Unless that is some kind of irony given the wrist slashing performance on Sunday.)

The road to 23….

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/11/14 at 01:28 PM ET

Primis's avatar

The CBS-DAL game being postponed is unfortunate for DET, as it means DET has now lost (at least for the time being) their game-in-hand on the Jackets.

Also DET’s 4 in 6 means DET has lost their games in hand against much of the East now.

Posted by Primis on 03/11/14 at 02:08 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, enjoying a martini, or two….. on 03/11/14 at 02:28 PM ET

Why, whatever do you mean, Rumsy? Looks like it says “Columbus Blue Jackets” to me…

wink

Seriously though, thanks for the catch. I thought I’d changed that, but I suppose not.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/11/14 at 03:00 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I just can’t get excited aboot anything that involves a team from Ohio.

Posted by dougie on 03/11/14 at 03:05 PM ET