Abel to Yzerman

[02/27/2014] GDT: Red Wings vs Senators

Well that wasn't a terrible first game back...

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

RedMenace's avatar

Incidentally, I have no idea what the actual line combos will be since Dr. Mike said he was going to “switch things up.”

Gustavsson starting was the only solid info I could find.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/27/14 at 12:49 PM ET

Thanks, RedM.  A healthy dose of Nathan’s hot dogs and a mugful of Kona salute to the GDT.  Nothing like a quick shot of coronary in the morning after the sucktacular officiating from last night’s game.  And look!  We got Dave Can’t-see-past-his-giant-noggin Jackson reffing tonight.  fAN-fLIPPIN’-tASTIC.

Two points, Wings.  OUR two points.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/27/14 at 02:13 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks RedMenace.

Well that wasn’t a terrible first game back…,

.....a Win is a Win, regardless of how good, bad or ugly. smile

Two Points tonight, again. Thanks in advance!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/27/14 at 02:36 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I’m running low on witty. Some vitamin D(atsyuk) will help.

Thanks, Menace.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/27/14 at 03:19 PM ET

Thanks as always Red.  4 points in 2 nights, please.

I’m running low on witty.

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/27/14 at 02:19 PM ET

I find that if I consider every thing I say witty, then the witty never runs low.  It’s all in the perspective.  wink

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/27/14 at 03:27 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s all in the perspective.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/27/14 at 02:27 PM ET

My name is Kate. I am a Wingaholic. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/27/14 at 04:04 PM ET

Primis's avatar

TOR (@ NYI) and MTL (@ PIT) both play tonight.  That means DET can get pts tonight without using up its game-in-hand on either them, especially if one or both lose.

OTT is only 3 pts behind DET.  A regulation W puts them 5 ahead, and regulation loss puts them only 1 up.  CBS (@ NJ) is also only 3 back *and* has a game-in-hand on DET.  WAS (@ FLA) is 3 back and even with GP.

So seriously, tonight is Moving Night.  If a team wants to start moving up (or down) tonight is a prime night for it to happen.  And do it in regulation, stupid Loser Point.

Posted by Primis on 02/27/14 at 04:12 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

love to see Eaves in tonight since Bert is scratched. We get in trouble with a parade to the box and he definitely will come in handy.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/27/14 at 06:17 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

FO W 13
FO L   5
FO %  72

This is one area we’ve really missed Pav, Face Offs and Take Aways.  All those add up to extra possessions and deny possessions to the other team.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/27/14 at 07:46 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Looks like I gots 30 minutes to see if this ‘puter works wireless, or not. It should.

I just got one of the DirecTV Genie systems that makes every TV in da house Hi Def, and gangs the storage capacity up to 900 hours.

I love watching the Wings and drinking Jameson in bed! Maybe I can LB as well.

Posted by dougie on 02/27/14 at 08:08 PM ET

I love watching the Wings and drinking Jameson in bed! Maybe I can LB as well.

Posted by dougie on 02/27/14 at 07:08 PM ET

And depending on your mood after a Wings game, dougie, the better half just might have an amazing night later, kno’ what I’m sayin’?

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/28/14 at 02:22 PM ET