Abel to Yzerman

Wow…That’s Really Dumb

This.

This may be Burke’s best move to date Leaf fans. A two year deal for very little money for a very underrated defenseman. Red Wings fans can not be pleased they lost him…

I think Dwayne Keith Klessel and KK have forged a pretty solid relationship through the years.  But I get paid huge money to call a dumbass a dumbass.  And that right there is seriously the stupidest thing I’ve read since Al Gore invented this bitch back in 1976.  If anyone wants to know if Wing fans can really “cannot be pleased we lost” Brett Lebda?  Read here.

Hey Chief, did you feel your first earthquake this afternoon?  Actually it was God laughing so hard at the Lebda signing.

Posted by calquake on 07/07/10 at 08:33 PM ET

Oh. The angst.

I know a few Wing fans, about 18 of them. Not a lot, but a few.  Not a single one is fretting in the least.  See…most Wing fans grew up hating the Leafs.  And most Wing fans have developed a serious hate for Bryan (Brian) Burke.  We love this.  We honestly, warmly, almost pervertedly love this.

And, Dwayne?  As sexually aroused as this move makes the average Wing fan? That’s how frigging disgusted Leaf nation is.  The internet is not hard to use.  You should try it.  See?  Primis brought us this from Pension Plan Puppets.

“I can’t wait to see what scrappy third-liner we get back in return for Kaberle!”
“dont forget the over sized project prospect who has skating issues that is coming with him!”

“Please stop trying to look at this on the bright side.  I just wanna be pissed right now.”

“I smell a trade…”
“I smell something that comes out of a dogs rear end”

“Wings fans are notoriously insane but… yeah this sucks”
“They seem pretty *#$%@& astute about this.”

“...‘Poor man’s Jeff Finger’...I can’t imagine a worse thing to have on your resume…”

I’m going to say this again, if you are paying one cent of your taco money to the accoustic genius that is Dwayne Keith Klesses, lead singer of/creative genius behind the Grey Eyed Glances?  Holy. Hell. You are really, really dumb.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

Leo_Racicot's avatar

How do I get that guy’s job?

Burkie has the mainstream hockey media by the balls.

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 07/08/10 at 01:28 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

That’s beyond dumbassery.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 07/08/10 at 01:28 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Well he is the Hockey Genius who called Richard Park 1 of the Best up & Coming Young Players a couple of seasons ago grin  LOL

Posted by Evilpens on 07/08/10 at 01:39 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 07/08/10 at 01:44 PM ET

“...’Poor man’s Jeff Finger’...I can’t imagine a worse thing to have on your resume…”

How about poor man’s Vesa Toskala? That would be worse.

Posted by GrahamWIIM from Chicago via Toronto on 07/08/10 at 02:00 PM ET

Triple Deke Tyler's avatar

I just ...... I don’t understand.  This isn’t a hard one to call in the slightest way imaginable.  Lebda couldn’t hold down a #5 / 6 spot for a team that struggled to fill that void most of the year.  Lilja awoke from a year-long coma and immediately was preferred over Lebda.  Ericsson went from mythological playoff creature in ‘09 to a fumbling unfrozen caveman in 2010 and still was preferred over Lebda.  On the ideal team that you would assume fits his “strong skating”, “good puck moving” ... uhhh ... prowess, he couldn’t crack the playoff lineup for longer than 14 seconds.

But no, by all means, doubling his salary is getting him cheap and has left me crushed as a Wings fan.

Posted by Triple Deke Tyler from Lansing on 07/08/10 at 02:08 PM ET

Heck, we got rid of Ville Leino in order to have the cap space to bring Lilja back to the team after he missed an entire year of hockey, all while Lebda was drinking himself stupid in the press box.

Posted by GrahamWIIM from Chicago via Toronto on 07/08/10 at 02:20 PM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

HAha!

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 07/08/10 at 02:26 PM ET

jennyquarx's avatar

That is the funniest thing I have read all day.

Posted by jennyquarx on 07/08/10 at 02:30 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

How about poor man’s Vesa Toskala? That would be worse.

Sorry, PPP already covered that.  Turns out it’s on the resume of a gigantic vacuum that you attach to the back of the net.

I’d say Lebda’s more like a poor man’s Chris Simon, in that you get both on- and off-ice jackassery at half the price.  Meanwhile, you don’t actually get any hockey out of him, but whatever.  He’s got that afro going for him.

But no, really, astute move by Burkie, we’re despondent and Leafs fans are convinced the Cup is theirs.  Oh look, a unicorn!

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 07/08/10 at 02:33 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

On second thought, there’s two possible explanations—Klessel saw the sarcastic praise of Lebda by Wings fans and thought it was real, or else he thought he’d join in.

Nope, there’s a third explanation: he’s an illiterate moron.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 07/08/10 at 02:34 PM ET

CaptNorris5's avatar

Nope, there’s a third explanation: he’s an illiterate moron.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 07/08/10 at 12:34 PM ET

By George I think he’s got it.

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 07/08/10 at 02:42 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I put this in the wrong place.
______________________

I do agree with IT, it’s not like I hated Lebs, he was serviceable and as I jumped on early in the season, the biggest gaffers in the first half of the season were Abdulkader and Ericccsssson, on the ice for a lot of goals against.

As IT also said, that’s a lot of money.  Apparently not a lot of players want to go to Toronto, i.e., Cherryville.

Posted by RWBill on 07/08/10 at 02:51 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

If I remember correctly, not even the KHL wanted to pay Brett Lebda what he thought he was worth.  Ergo, Brian Burke is dumber than the KHL…

...Leafs fans, you may want to consider talking to VooX about how he changed allegiances, and perhaps following his lead.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 07/08/10 at 02:52 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Red Wings fans can not be pleased they lost him…

Yeah this was my biggest fret of the off-season, what to do with Lebs… not Lidstrom, Bertuzzi, the Four Jets, Modano, all pale in comparison to the angst of losing Lebda.

OMG Stupidity Reigns…

Posted by RWBill on 07/08/10 at 02:53 PM ET

dougie's avatar

The Chief is back, and we get rid of Lebda, all in the same fauxing week. OK.

At this point I am calling it a week, and avoiding all further news and technology. This is as good as it gets for me on the hockey front, unless Sidney Crosby has to have emergency surgery to have a gerbil removed from his colon.

Posted by dougie on 07/08/10 at 02:59 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Brian Burke is dumber than the KHL…

Ding ding ding.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 07/08/10 at 03:10 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Otherwise known as “The Eklund Maneuver”.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 07/08/10 at 03:12 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

unless Sidney Crosby has to have emergency surgery to have a gerbil chinchilla removed from his colon.

fixt

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 07/08/10 at 03:13 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*snort*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that is all.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 07/08/10 at 03:13 PM ET

Primis's avatar

The Wedding Singer is right.  We’re definitely not pleased.

We’re ecstatic.

Posted by Primis on 07/08/10 at 03:37 PM ET

....enough said

Posted by prodigy on 07/08/10 at 04:30 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

And the KHL pick up Nabokov who the Sharks cleared $6M off their payroll.  Nabby will get $4M?.. Which when taxes and Phoenix Coyote withholdings are considered leaves him with more money.

Posted by RWBill on 07/08/10 at 04:32 PM ET

It used to be tough to be a Wings fan in Toronto (trust me) due to all of the incessant taunting about 1955 and 1993 and more Cups.

Now? Not so much. Those of us who got out from under Leaf Nation’s dark hold early are reaping the benefits of cheering for an organization that actually wins from time to time. One of my biggest regrets in my hockey-watching life is that the Wings did not play the Leafs in 2002 so that we Toronto-born Wing fans could have had the ultimate bragging rights.

Oh well. The suckitude of the Leafs since then has made up for that a little. Now, with this signing, it’s clear that the direction of the Leafs is the same as it always was: a flat line towards mediocrity.

Posted by GrahamWIIM from Chicago via Toronto on 07/08/10 at 04:34 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Brendan Smith could be the inexpensive answer for a #6 DMan with toughness.  Break a beer stein across a guy’s grill as he comes across the blue line.

Posted by RWBill on 07/08/10 at 04:50 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Lilja awoke from a year-long coma and immediately was preferred over Lebda.

Absolutely brilliant…... Back in form TDT!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, I'm rebuilding......... on 07/08/10 at 04:51 PM ET

perfection's avatar

as someone who has actually “defended” Dwayne on these boards - not as any kind of legitimate reporter, but rather as mindless entertainment that is helping to make the game a bit more fun (of course i would never give the man a penny… but i admittedly check out his site every so often) - this really is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen him write. Paying Lebda nearly double what we paid him is considered “not a lot of money”? And by “underrated”, does he mean not being able to crack the lineup? Not only did Lebda suck all year, but he clearly dragged Big Rig down with him. Once Lilja was finally kissed by a prince, Ericsson’s game got ten times better overnight.

As stupid as his Lebda assessment is, I think Dwayne may have outdid himself today… I shit you not, he has a rumor posted right now saying he’s “heard” about Kovalchuk possibly signing for one year with the Red Wings. What a tool.

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 07/08/10 at 05:03 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Oh my… could it possibly be true?

Smell that?  That’s sarcasm.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 07/08/10 at 05:13 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Red Wings fans can not be pleased they lost him

Nope, pleased is definitely not the word.  Try ecstatic!

Brian Burke looking worse and worse by the day.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 07/08/10 at 05:28 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Smell that?  That’s sarcasm.
Posted by ITDeuce from It’s Franzen time! on 07/08/10 at 03:13 PM ET

Considering that rumor was from Eklund, that isn’t sarcasm your smelling my friend.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 07/08/10 at 05:49 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’ve got another one for you:

Burke said our draft was July 1.  I guess we just made our seventh round selection.

Posted by monkey from Prague on 07/08/10 at 05:54 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Smell that?  That’s sarcasm.
Posted by ITDeuce from It’s Franzen time! on 07/08/10 at 03:13 PM ET

Posted by calquake on 07/08/10 at 03:49 PM ET

This?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 07/08/10 at 06:20 PM ET

CaptNorris5's avatar

It still amazes me that literally ANYONE ever pays any credence to the shit Eklund says. I mean, reporting that Kovy could sign in Detroit? Without actually murdering several players on our roster, its impossible. Also: Impossibly stupid.

That dumbass wouldn’t be anywhere near as annoying if people didn’t get all excited about some of the shit he says and report it as fact.

In related news: HahahahahahLebdahahahahaha.

...is it October yet?

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 07/08/10 at 07:34 PM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

Damnit, I was REALLY hoping Lebron and Wade would come to Chicago just so I could literally see the town tilt and all the bandwagoners all off the Hawks and land on the Bulls, it would of been comical.

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 07/08/10 at 08:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

This?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 07/08/10 at 04:20 PM ET

That’s tight.

Posted by RWBill on 07/08/10 at 09:02 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Whos Brett Lebda?

Posted by pgoody on 07/09/10 at 12:22 AM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Whos Brett Lebda?

According to Eklund, next year’s surefire Norris winner.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 07/09/10 at 04:29 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Yes, the Norris is a given, and hell for that matter the Hart trophy is certainly not out of the question…can’t wait to see the drunken-ass acceptance speech at next year’s NHL awards…

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 07/09/10 at 04:55 AM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

hell for that matter the Hart trophy

He’ll probably drop it at Gretzky’s bar and put a dent in it.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 07/09/10 at 07:03 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Burke is an overrated blowhard GM.

Posted by w2j2 on 07/08/10 at 07:42 AM ET

Lebda could become the son he never had.

Posted by RWBill on 07/09/10 at 10:37 AM ET