Abel to Yzerman

Woops…Make That 18, eh Ansar?

Well, that’s just nifty. Now Khan(!)‘s telling us his math narrows the Wing cap space down to 18 million.  Nothing frigging worse than a math-challenged pharmacist moon-lighting as a Wing beat writer.

MLive (if you can get to the story through their slow-ass server)

They are expected to sign Swiss star Damien Brunner to a two-way, entry-level contract on Sunday, or shortly after.

It will take roughly another $5 million to sign restricted free agents Kyle Quincey and Justin Abdelkader this summer.

That would leave about $18 million in available cap space and just one available roster spot. Of course, they can clear more money and roster spots by trading and/or sending down players to the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Can someone explain to me why we absolutely must sign Former Dive Kyle Quincey to a deal that’s at least 3 million?  And don’t even tell me Abdelkader’s getting 2.

Former Dive Kyle Quincey can earn 2 million for the right to prove he deserves to be a Red Wing.

Abdelkader can get 1 million based on what he’s shown us and what he’s capable of.

And that equals 3 and that equals 21 left for the real toys: motherfuching Suter and Parise, KHAN(!!!!!)

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2

RWBill's avatar

Electric Forest.  Calquake says stay off the Brown acid.

Far Out, Man

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/29/12 at 04:35 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Show me the money!

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 06/29/12 at 07:11 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

OK CHIEF, Is Kenny playing Mind Games or preparing us for Epic Fail ?!

“We’ve got cap space, we’ll explore the market, but it’s got to make sense,” Wings general manager Ken Holland said Friday. “We have lots of pieces in place, players ready to step up and play a bigger role. Some of this has to be internal evolution.”

“We don’t have as many holes as some people think,” Holland said. “I attribute that to the development of Brendan Smith.”  (HUH? does he mean perceived development?)

“We don’t have big names, but we have good players. Jonathan Ericsson is developing into a shut-down defenseman.”  AW C’MON !

“We do plan to be involved, hoping to make a move or two, but we got internal things going on.”

As for up front, “We’ve been developing Gustav Nyquist, Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader are ready for a bit of a step,” Holland said. “Do we need to make a move or two on July 1? Absolutely. Do we need to make a major splash? I don’t think so.”

Somebody put February Kenny back in the cage!

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/29/12 at 08:48 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Prepare to pick up scraps from the dust heap.  Why did Mark Howe spend so much time scouting Devils games?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 06/29/12 at 09:09 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Why did Mark Howe spend so much time scouting Devils games?

Marty Brodeur?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 06/29/12 at 09:24 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by monkey from lighting my nuts on fire on 06/29/12 at 08:09 PM ET

2 of the Plan Bs have already signed with teams.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/29/12 at 09:52 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

We’ve got Prince Fielder.

Posted by RWBill from missing the Tiki Bar at The Shores, Daytona Beach. on 06/28/12 at 09:41 PM ET

Aye…but can he skate?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 06/30/12 at 02:11 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

We’ve got Prince Fielder.

God I love sub-.500 baseball!!!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 06/30/12 at 04:56 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

you older dudes and ladies could identify with what I put up over at George’s blog.
___________________

If you are under a certain age, I don’t know exactly what that is, probably something to do with the advent of cable TV and video games, I cannot explain to you what Mort Neff and Michigan Outdoors meant to the State of Michigan and to us residents.  It came on every Thursday at 7 pm, live around the state on various channels.  Quite different from a sterile, impersonal, travelogue show, Mort Neff featured live or taped interviews with Michigan people he met while traveling around the state.  One of our school secretaries from Owosso was on one week because of her award winning recipe for something, possibly rhubarb pie I think for some reason.

Before the unlimited sources of video entertainment and home video tape recording, Michigan Outdoors was a focal point for people around the entire state, at the same time.

Michigan Outdoors was one thing that helped establish and reinforce those things that gave us our unique identity as Michiganders.

Posted by RWBill from hiding indoors from Virginia heat. on 06/30/12 at 10:02 AM ET

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/30/12 at 01:21 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Thanks RWBill. Older is just a nice way of saying OLD. Yes I remember Mort Neff, and I am proud to have lasted as long as I have on this Planet. I am Michigan.

Older than the Cosmic Dust I am. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!! In ’13

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 06/30/12 at 02:38 PM ET

dougie's avatar

i HEAR mIKE cOMMODORE IS AVAILABLE!!.

and

Jonathan Ericsson is developing into a shut-down defenseman.”

yeah,definitely a shut-down defender, but it supposed to be the OTHER TEAM he shuts down, isn’t it?

Posted by dougie on 06/30/12 at 03:10 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Jonathan Ericsson is developing into a shut-down defenseman.”

Posted by dougie on 06/30/12 at 02:10 PM ET

I guess it isn’t just me, I think dougie is already getting into the Fancy Gap Moonshine.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/30/12 at 03:29 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Posted by RWBill from hiding indoors from Virginia heat. on 06/30/12 at 02:29 PM ET

I really do try to be a positive influence here, but a half a pint of the good stuff, and I start hatin’ on Ericsson. Just can’t help myself.

Posted by dougie on 06/30/12 at 05:28 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by dougie on 06/30/12 at 04:28 PM ET

hahahahahahahahahaha.  I’m fixin’ to set off six indoor flea bombs, take a couple of deep snorts, and go watch Ted in the moving picture show while the poisons settle down.

Remind me to get the cats outdoors first.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/30/12 at 06:15 PM ET

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this while waiting on UFA news.

Gordie Howe quotes.