Abel to Yzerman

What We Have Here Is Another Game The Wings Should Win

Yes it is me, Paul, in for Bill again today.

It has reached head-shaking territory for me.

No, I am not talking about the Detroit Lions, but instead the Detroit Red Wings.

Where do we go from here?  Until the numerous defensive lapses are corrected we will continue to have games like last night's loss to Ottawa.

Until the offense decides to go hard to the net, until the dmen stop shooting when there is no screen being created, this is what we get and honestly deserve.

Correct the mistakes boys, play like you want to win the whole game and see what happens.

It's a llive blog #*!ches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4

Joe Z.'s avatar

Beginning with this game and thanks to early starts and holidays I am going to be able to watch four consecutive games in their entirety.  Unreal.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 11/24/13 at 07:30 PM ET

i’m just happy my job allows me to start later and finish earlier, else no way i could watch games live as often as i do grin

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 11/24/13 at 07:38 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I really miss the Chief. Hope he’s home in time for Festivus

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 07:40 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Every line has a name. For Samuelson, Cleary, and Weiss it is The Placeholders.

Now, Go Blue!

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/24/13 at 07:42 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I really miss the Chief. Hope he’s home in time for Festivus

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 07:40 PM ET

That would be a Festivus miracle.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/24/13 at 07:43 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I feel pretty ho-hum about this win.

Probably need a few more before I can feel excitement again. Know what I mean?

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 11/24/13 at 07:36 PM ET

Yes. You think it is 2002 and there is no salary cap.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/24/13 at 07:46 PM ET

monkey's avatar

That reminds me, I need to set up my Festivus pole.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 11/24/13 at 07:48 PM ET

Joe Z.'s avatar

The Placeholders probably have the highest salary per minute of ice time in the whole league…

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 11/24/13 at 07:51 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Just caught up after a dinner break. A win with thanks to the Swedish connectioline.
How about calling that line the waste of foreskin line RW? Cleary must have some really bad shizzle on Babbles and Kenny to stay on this team with the way his play has declined.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/24/13 at 07:58 PM ET

monkey's avatar

We decided to play a really solid game tonight,” Franzen said. “We talked about being patient, not giving up too many chances for the other team. I think we stuck to the plan pretty good and finally managed to get the win.”

Maybe you should decide that more often then.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 11/25/13 at 05:13 AM ET

monkey's avatar

FROM ELIAS: Henrik Zetterberg reached the 700-point mark for his NHL career when he assisted on Johan Franzen’s game-winning goal in Buffalo on Sunday. Zetterberg, who has played his entire career with the Red Wings, hit the 700-point plateau in his 739th game. The only players who needed fewer games to rack up 700 points for the Red Wings than Zetterberg are Steve Yzerman (519), Sergei Fedorov (638), Gordie Howe (673), and Pavel Datsyuk (706).

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 11/26/13 at 06:36 PM ET