Abel to Yzerman

What We Have Here Is Another Game The Wings Should Win

Yes it is me, Paul, in for Bill again today.

It has reached head-shaking territory for me.

No, I am not talking about the Detroit Lions, but instead the Detroit Red Wings.

Where do we go from here?  Until the numerous defensive lapses are corrected we will continue to have games like last night's loss to Ottawa.

Until the offense decides to go hard to the net, until the dmen stop shooting when there is no screen being created, this is what we get and honestly deserve.

Correct the mistakes boys, play like you want to win the whole game and see what happens.

It's a llive blog #*!ches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

stonehands-78's avatar

” ... play like you want to win the whole game ... “

this.

tanx, Paul.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/24/13 at 05:42 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Thanks for hangin’ in with the rest of us, Paul.

I’m all in. Bitches.

Let’s Win !

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 05:46 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Win or lose I’m with ya Kate. Get er goin Wings.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/24/13 at 06:00 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Looks like it’s just the 3 of us.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 06:01 PM ET

Mickey Winky! wink

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 06:02 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ken called out Sammy for crappy right handed nothin’ shot.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 06:04 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Win or lose I’m with ya Kate. Get er goin Wings.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/24/13 at 05:00 PM ET

Thanks. When the going gets tough…........

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 06:07 PM ET

RhymeTimeWingsDings's avatar

Ott’s an upcoming free agent?  I wouldn’t mind watching him in a winged wheel!

Posted by RhymeTimeWingsDings on 11/24/13 at 06:07 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

singing the Canadian anthem and no Canadian team?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 11/24/13 at 06:07 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

My first LB of the year. Here is to changing the Red Wings luck or what ever else needs to be changed. Just change and WIN.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 11/24/13 at 06:10 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Right you are Kate. Let’s see the mettle of this team without Pavs to bail them out.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/24/13 at 06:12 PM ET

Joe Z.'s avatar

evening. finally a game that start before 1 am here, great stuff.

what did i miss?

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 11/24/13 at 06:13 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

They look awful. Again.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 11/24/13 at 06:14 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

what did i miss?

You missed the Lions game.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 11/24/13 at 06:15 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

God Kväll B’s !!!
No goal to Wings yet ???  Let’s go Red Wings

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 11/24/13 at 06:15 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/24/13 at 05:12 PM ET

Actually, I was talking aboot the 19.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 06:16 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I miss Pasha ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/24/13 at 06:20 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Of fuching course.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/24/13 at 06:20 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

um, ... right

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/24/13 at 06:21 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Mickey is right, seems like every damn mistake ends up in the back of the wings net.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/24/13 at 06:21 PM ET

Joe Z.'s avatar

I see…

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 11/24/13 at 06:22 PM ET

Gus looked not good.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 06:22 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

Playing for paychecks. Over already.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 11/24/13 at 06:23 PM ET

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/24/13 at 05:21 PM ET

That says something about the goaltending, or lack thereof.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 06:25 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

helmer looks rusty with the puck handling skills

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/24/13 at 06:25 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Gus looked not good.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 05:22 PM ET

Gus must be learning too much from Howard…I think Helm pass was awful..

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 11/24/13 at 06:26 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

’ jjjjUUUUUUStttt a bit out side ‘

by sammy

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/24/13 at 06:26 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 05:25 PM ET

I gotta say Kate, I don’t really understand your vendetta against Howard lately.  He was absolutely hung out to dry on that goal, and bit hard to boot.  Seems to me he is playing exactly as bad as the rest of the team.  He needs to be better, that goes without saying.  But so does the whole team! I don’t see how he is any different.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/24/13 at 06:27 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Argh. Got the Buffalo feed. Jenneret is a decent announcer though.
Helmer having a rough game early. Power play comming up.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/24/13 at 06:28 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

monster in net

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/24/13 at 06:28 PM ET

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/24/13 at 05:27 PM ET

Howard is not in goal. But for the record, I have never been a big fan of Howard.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 06:30 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

This place is like a ghost town.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 06:40 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 05:30 PM ET

Hah.  I have been dealing with signal issues, snow on my dish that I finally got knocked off, and hadn’t got to see that much yet.  I didn’t know who was in I guess.  But what I said about mistakes and what you said doesn’t just apply to this game, so I guess my Howard statement still makes sense.  I just want the whole team to stop losing, and I don’t care who steps up.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/24/13 at 06:41 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Haha, second time this season Buffalo is leading after one.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/24/13 at 06:43 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 05:30 PM ET

Really? Hadn’t noticed. How’s Monster working’ out for yah? wink

Posted by SK77 on 11/24/13 at 06:44 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I just want the whole team to stop losing, and I don’t care who steps up.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 11/24/13 at 05:41 PM ET

I get it. We’re all edgy because of this slump. We are not used to it and expect things to be resolved in a timely manner, only to be disappointed night after night.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 06:46 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Puck bouncing over many Wing sticks on rebounds. Keep up the pressure and the bounces will start working our way.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/24/13 at 06:47 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

Really? Hadn’t noticed. How’s Monster working’ out for yah?

Posted by some richard.

He has a shutout so far.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 11/24/13 at 06:50 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Really? Hadn’t noticed. How’s Monster working’ out for yah?

Posted by some kid on 11/24/13 at 05:44 PM ET

Losing is losing. No matter who is in net. I am not a big fan of Monster either.

If you want to be technical, Howard has lost 7.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/24/13 at 06:58 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

On a lighter note. My mom called the other day and told me that her friend’s granddaughter has terminal cancer. Abby showed up at their door unplanned and stayed for awhile inviting her to an event that unfortunately she is too sick to attend. Kudos to whoever set up this visit from a class organization.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/24/13 at 07:00 PM ET

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »