Abel to Yzerman

Welcome To The Night Of The Living Dead

Updated below with Voox' annual DC contest.

As predicted...

...it's been a motherfucher of a day.  So we're starting way early, as I expect most of you are.

I'm in no mood for hijinks and I hope the Wings aren't either.

The Streak is the Thing right now.  Tomorrow we can worry about the next step that baby Jesus told us we should expect every season.  But tonite?

Tonite, it's all about 22.

No other team in this damn league can lay current claim to the success of this organ-I-zation.  No other team can claim a fan base as rabid as you are, and I'll put ours--with our transplants and our Yoopers and our downriver puck bunnies--up against anyone's, Toronto and Montreal included.

The streak continues tonite because it must.  The streak continues because every other team wants it to end, all other fans need it to end, every media member except ours (minus Drew Sharp and Pat Caputo) has the story already written and are just waiting to hit send.

Screw this league, this charade orchestrated by a shrew of a fraud commissioner.  Screw you, the fans of every other team. And I mean EVERY other team.  Detroit has carried this league.  The Red Wings have filled your warm-weather arenas and you can kiss all that revenue goodbye starting next October...finally.

You pray for our demise but you can all suck it because this display of sustained superior performance continues tonite.

Extend The Streak, Wings. Just. Get. In.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  All aboard.

WAIT...DON'T LEAVE  YET.  This just in from Voox...

Playoff traditions are widespread, so let's get the word out again about our own playoff tradition.

The annual "Pierre McGuire is a Douche Canoe Ticket Contest" is back.  Get a sign on TV behind Pierre McGuire's head saying Pierre is a Douche Canoe and win tickets to a Maple Leafs regular season home game of your choice next year.

To ensure you get credit for this incredible public service, email douchecanoe.contest@gmail.com in advance so I can award the tickets to you once successful.  All emails will be strictly confidential, good luck to all.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 15 16 17 18 >       Next »

Rumbear's avatar

Horry crap…tickets for game two are available. Pull the trigger?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/27/13 at 10:35 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

CBJ put up 25 points in the last 18 games.  1.38 points per game,  .694 pct,  equal to a 114 point full season.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 10:36 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Horry crap…tickets for game two are available. Pull the trigger?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, pelotoning….whore style on 04/27/13 at 10:35 PM ET

last west conf chance

do it for old time’s sake

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/13 at 10:38 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

BITCHES. I’ve been avoiding this place like the plague since I decided not to join in during our demolition of the Coyotes what seems like forever ago due to obvious superstition. Kept the same seat, same jersey, everything the same all four games. Anyways. What a fuching performance tonight, aside from the first two minutes and that 4 minute power play. I remember thinking earlier today that Zetterberg was going to step up and utterly will his team to victory as the captain, and did he ever do that. He was absolutely possessed all night, and looked as dominant as I’ve seen him look in a long, long time. Both he and Datsyuk were unreal. Jimmy with another shutout. A red hot set of Eurotwins and a goalie on lock down, great recipe to start the playoffs with.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/13 at 10:38 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Also I realize that posting here now doesn’t make sense as we still have the playoffs to come, but in my mind the separation between the regular season and playoffs allows me to.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/13 at 10:38 PM ET

BC's avatar

Have arguably the best goalie, and added scoring.  Would have been in a good position to do some damage.

Posted by BC on 04/27/13 at 10:38 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Horry crap…tickets for game two are available. Pull the trigger?

Yes!  There won’t be many chances to see the Wings out there in the future, especially playoffs unless it’s the SCF.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 10:40 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

HELLS YES.

I’m glad to be one of the 19 on a day like today.  Someone stoke the coals of the stress train!

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 04/27/13 at 10:40 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

True story.  Was talking to my lesbian neighbors, somehow the subject came up whether I ever thought of trying a homosexual affair.

I said, “The thought of handling a man’s junk never appealed to me.”

She said, “Me neither.”

Funny as shit.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 10:26 PM ET

LOL

that’s some funny junk stuff

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/13 at 10:40 PM ET

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/13 at 10:38 PM ET

That is the way to take one for the team.  Those little things are real and the cumulative effect cannot be ignored.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 10:42 PM ET

Trish's avatar

We haven’t played the Duh ucks in the playoffs lately have we?  Perhaps we shall see some more of this:

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 04/27/13 at 10:44 PM ET

that’s some funny junk stuff

And that as well.

And tonight and this week is a great example of why you never give up.  4 straight wins, 9/10 points.

Some have been talking for weeks about it being better not to make the playoffs so you can get a draft pick.  Totally alien thought process.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 10:46 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

O.K. RWBill. Think of Karen Newman.

Now, what was that you were saying aboot handling a man’s junk? wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/27/13 at 10:46 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

BOOM!

Six rows up…..2 Tickets in hand!

Qty Event/Item Venue:  Delivery
2 Anaheim Ducks 2013 Playoffs: Round 1 Game 2
Date TBA
Honda Center Anaheim, CA

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/27/13 at 10:48 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Good for you Rummy!  Have fun at the pond.

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 04/27/13 at 10:50 PM ET

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 04/27/13 at 10:44 PM ET

That was the last Wings game I’ve seen I think, opening night in Detroit.  My niece was getting married the next day so I went to Michigan.

Another funny story.

That fight took place late in third period.

In the post game a reporter asked Pavel if he could remember when his last fight was.  He said, “Yes, 15 minutes ago.”

Pavel is funny.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 10:51 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

O.K. RWBill. Think of Karen Newman.

Now, what was that you were saying aboot handling a man’s junk?

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/27/13 at 10:46 PM ET

What a buzzkill!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 10:52 PM ET

BOOM!

Six rows up…..2 Tickets in hand!

Qty Event/Item Venue:  Delivery
2 Anaheim Ducks 2013 Playoffs: Round 1 Game 2
Date TBA
Honda Center Anaheim, CA

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, pelotoning….whore style on 04/27/13 at 10:48 PM ET

Wow that is outstanding.  Game 2 could be anytime from Thursday to Saturday I guess.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 10:54 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 10:42 PM ET

Absolutely. I’m so wishing I could go out to Anaheim for a game, but I would almost certainly end up getting in a fight with some ridiculous Ducks fan.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/13 at 10:55 PM ET

Trish's avatar

So you are a Walking Dead fan, eh RWBill ?  I never miss an episode of that show.

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 04/27/13 at 10:55 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I have seen some comments recently to the effect that Zetterberg,  Datsyuk, and/or Franzen have not been producing.  Franzen takes games off, I will not argue this, however

Pavel Datsyuk has a career average is 0.98 points per game.  This season he finished with 49 points in 47 games, an average of 1.04 points per game.

Henrik Zetterberg has a career average of 0.94 points per game.  This season he finished with 48 points in 46 games, an average of 1.04 points per game.

Johan Franzen has a career average of 0.60 points per game.  This season he finished with 31 points in 41 games, an average of 0.76 points per game.

My personal opinion is that these three guys have carried this team, especially here at the end of the season.  They’re all on fire right now.

Additionally, Justin Abdelkader, everybody’s favorite whipping boy (I have no doubt I joined in on many occasions), finished with 10 goals and 3 assists in 48 games, an average of 0.27 points per game.  His career average is 0.23 points per game.  Prior to this season, his career high goal total was eight, scored in 81 games.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/27/13 at 10:56 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Well Geezo something started knocking against my deck sliding door and startled me, I was sure it must have been a zombie.  It is a possum.  Must be safe out there now.  All of The Living Dead were slayed tonight.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 10:57 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I’m not gonna post it on FB in deference to the Master Chief…..who I presume is still entertaining 11 year olds. But yannow I want too.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/27/13 at 10:57 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

It is a possum.

Turn it around RW, it might be your cat.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/27/13 at 10:58 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Night all.  I have a date with Captain Morgan…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/27/13 at 10:59 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

BOOM!

Six rows up…..2 Tickets in hand!

Qty Event/Item Venue:  Delivery
2 Anaheim Ducks 2013 Playoffs: Round 1 Game 2
Date TBA
Honda Center Anaheim, CA

you won’t regret it ... just don’t be a game wrecker cheese

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/13 at 10:59 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Good on ya Rummie. Represent the 19 well. Just saw a blog with a prediction of the Wings in 6.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/27/13 at 11:00 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/27/13 at 11:00 PM ET

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 04/27/13 at 10:55 PM ET

Yes, absolutely.  I like most all of those AMC and FX shows.  Breaking Bad is my favorite.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 11:00 PM ET

It is a possum.

Turn it around RW, it might be your cat.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, pelotoning….whore style on 04/27/13 at 10:58 PM ET

That is one ugly animal!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 11:03 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Columbus got JOBBED by the officials in the COL-MIN game. They deserve to be the 8th seed.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/27/13 at 11:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Yup, me too, I finally feel like eating something.  Not possum.

Heck I’ve ALWAYS liked Abdelkader, thought he did a lot of things all season apparently others didn’t bother with or see.

Even tonight he had a big hand in a couple of goals, banging and forechecking on the first goal, and screening the goalie completely on Ericsson’s goal, he didn’t even see it come in low.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 11:08 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

desert dogs playing the d-UCKs tough,

3-2, dogs, midway of the 2nd

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/13 at 11:15 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Is that Jean Luc Picard above, too?

Jean luc picard

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 11:16 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 11:16 PM ET

“Make it so, no. 1”

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/13 at 11:17 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

hahahahahaha

worth a late night laugh:

Star Trek: The Sexed Generation

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/13 at 11:44 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

PHX 4 / ana 2 at 12:17 of the 3rd

... duh-ucks setting themselves up for a strong entrance into the playoffs ...

LOL

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/28/13 at 12:09 AM ET

creasemonkey's avatar

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/13 at 10:38 PM ET

Ditto.

Rumbear, I’ll probably pass by you wandering around for Game 2.

Posted by creasemonkey from sweet home san diego on 04/28/13 at 12:15 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

monkey - I have to agree with you on all fronts.  I would have never have guessed Abdelkader would be on the first line at the end of the season, but he’s making the best of it.  He looks like he belongs there.  Michigan boy done good.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 04/28/13 at 12:22 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/27/13 at 10:56 PM ET

It’s not the ppg rates that upset some fans.

It’s the Goals, or lack of them.  Especially when the Wings were losing games 2-1.

Point totals are nice, assists are ok.  But someone has to be finishing and getting the “G”.  And it was maddening to see Brunner walk in and score a bunch and nobody else scoring, until it was coming down to guys like Abdelkader needing to score with Pavel still doing ok, and others just plain absent.

Franzen and Z stepped up finally though, especially Z.  Fil did some as well.  It’s no coincidence that when those guys scored the Wings won.

Posted by Primis on 04/28/13 at 12:51 AM ET