Abel to Yzerman

Welcome To The Night Of The Living Dead

Updated below with Voox' annual DC contest.

As predicted...

...it's been a motherfucher of a day.  So we're starting way early, as I expect most of you are.

I'm in no mood for hijinks and I hope the Wings aren't either.

The Streak is the Thing right now.  Tomorrow we can worry about the next step that baby Jesus told us we should expect every season.  But tonite?

Tonite, it's all about 22.

No other team in this damn league can lay current claim to the success of this organ-I-zation.  No other team can claim a fan base as rabid as you are, and I'll put ours--with our transplants and our Yoopers and our downriver puck bunnies--up against anyone's, Toronto and Montreal included.

The streak continues tonite because it must.  The streak continues because every other team wants it to end, all other fans need it to end, every media member except ours (minus Drew Sharp and Pat Caputo) has the story already written and are just waiting to hit send.

Screw this league, this charade orchestrated by a shrew of a fraud commissioner.  Screw you, the fans of every other team. And I mean EVERY other team.  Detroit has carried this league.  The Red Wings have filled your warm-weather arenas and you can kiss all that revenue goodbye starting next October...finally.

You pray for our demise but you can all suck it because this display of sustained superior performance continues tonite.

Extend The Streak, Wings. Just. Get. In.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  All aboard.

WAIT...DON'T LEAVE  YET.  This just in from Voox...

Playoff traditions are widespread, so let's get the word out again about our own playoff tradition.

The annual "Pierre McGuire is a Douche Canoe Ticket Contest" is back.  Get a sign on TV behind Pierre McGuire's head saying Pierre is a Douche Canoe and win tickets to a Maple Leafs regular season home game of your choice next year.

To ensure you get credit for this incredible public service, email douchecanoe.contest@gmail.com in advance so I can award the tickets to you once successful.  All emails will be strictly confidential, good luck to all.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 14 15 16 17 18 >       Next »

RWBill's avatar

Four games, four wins, combined score 15-3, two shutouts.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/27/13 at 09:47 PM ET

Pretty remarkable.  Got cohesive lines goin on.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/13 at 08:51 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Hellz yes

Hot damn

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/27/13 at 08:51 PM ET

monkey's avatar

If Minnesota wins this game, standings in the West will show a four point gap between the third seed and the ninth seed.  Parity is here, ladies and gentlemen, and right now the Wings are as dangerous as anyone.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/27/13 at 08:52 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Pretty remarkable.  Got cohesive lines goin on.

You working on that challenge?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/27/13 at 08:53 PM ET

Bent's avatar

I can do the rum thing . . .

I did the rum thing at my cousins wedding. I also did the hug the toilet thing.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/27/13 at 08:53 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/27/13 at 09:52 PM ET

This.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/27/13 at 08:54 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Challenge accepted !

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 09:43 PM ET

just when I was gonna sell my Bi-Cycle shorts…I sense another Pellyton of sorts.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/27/13 at 08:54 PM ET

Trish's avatar

I also did the hug the toilet thing.

Well, for me that would be the gin thing . . .

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 04/27/13 at 08:54 PM ET

klank's avatar

..the Wings are as dangerous as anyone.

Preach.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 04/27/13 at 08:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

VANcouver could end up with 61 if they win, still a measly 6 points between 3rd and 9th.

Gary. Ass.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/13 at 08:55 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Parity is a bit artificial this year.  Cut out half the season’s games and things will naturally be a bit tighter of course.

Posted by Primis on 04/27/13 at 08:55 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I can do the rum thing . . .

and you should!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/27/13 at 08:56 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Patrick Roy minute coming up for the Avs.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/13 at 08:57 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Well, for me that would be the gin thing . . .

To be fair, with the amount I consumed, it wasn’t the rum’s fault.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/27/13 at 08:57 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Duh.  Games unplayed.  Rum seems to be dulling my senses..  As said, though, six points is still a measly gap.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/27/13 at 08:59 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

and right now the Wings are as dangerous as anyone.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/27/13 at 09:52 PM ET

Right as rain. I said the same thing the other day and was lampooned for it.  Bandwagon jumpers can shut their pie holes now.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/27/13 at 09:02 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Well that will do it.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/13 at 09:02 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/27/13 at 10:02 PM ET

Amen!  Preach it Kate!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/27/13 at 09:03 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

min 3 / col 1

final

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/13 at 09:03 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Just how right is rain anyway?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/27/13 at 09:05 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Wow,  7 - 8 - 9 all won in regulation.

Gary Bettman musical chairs, 3 teams, 2 chairs.  Good night, Columbus.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/13 at 09:05 PM ET

Primis's avatar

That’s depressing.

Central almost put 4 in the playoffs.

Suter and Parise certainly don’t deserve 4 more games with the chokejob they just put on at the end of the season.

Posted by Primis on 04/27/13 at 09:06 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Looks like StL is locking up 4th and Home Ice against the winner of LAK SJS later tonight.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/13 at 09:06 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Rumbear might get to see the Wings in a playoff game at ANA.

MsRedWinger's avatar

Before last week, Kate, I couldn’t agree.  But these Red Wings - this new team that just gelled in the last week - these Red Wings are as dangerous as anyone.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/27/13 at 09:08 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

The Living Dead were all beat down tonight by the living.

Doesn’t always work out like that.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/13 at 09:09 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Wow,  7 - 8 - 9 all won in regulation.

So the Wings really did have to win.  And they did.  Dammit, they did!

cool smile

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/27/13 at 09:11 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I just got the heavy sighing Congrats call from a guy who was talking shit last Sunday saying the Wings were dead. I told him never count us out until the fat lady sings. Don’t Bogart that rum bottle. Pass it.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/27/13 at 09:11 PM ET

BC's avatar

Fear the Winged Wheel, Mofo!

How does everyone like their duck?

(not the Scotch talking)

Posted by BC on 04/27/13 at 09:12 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Nite everyone!  See you Tuesday.  I will make myself stay up for the late playoff games.  Somehow.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/27/13 at 09:13 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/27/13 at 10:13 PM ET

It’s the last year you’ll need to.

Posted by Primis on 04/27/13 at 09:14 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Credit to him for calling.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/27/13 at 09:14 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Rumbear might get to see the Wings in a playoff game at ANA.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 10:06 PM ET

Ima on it…Jeebus don’t tell my wife!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/27/13 at 09:15 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Us and the Caps are the hottest teams going into the playoffs. The BJ’s would have been there too if not for Minny. Shame. They finnished something like 9 and 1 in their last 10.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/27/13 at 09:17 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Tuesday it is.  Where is that fricking e-mail from the DuhUcks…...

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/27/13 at 09:20 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Just how right is rain anyway?

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/27/13 at 10:05 PM ET

Let’s just say its not left. Right?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/27/13 at 09:20 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

How does everyone like their duck?

(not the Scotch talking)

Posted by BC on 04/27/13 at 10:12 PM ET

I actually read something besides “duck”, and honestly had never considered it.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/13 at 09:23 PM ET

BC's avatar

I actually read something besides “duck”, and honestly had never considered it.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/27/13 at 10:23 PM ET

Trust me, I always do one last double check before hitting “Submit”

Posted by BC on 04/27/13 at 09:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

True story.  Was talking to my lesbian neighbors, somehow the subject came up whether I ever thought of trying a homosexual affair.

I said, “The thought of handling a man’s junk never appealed to me.”

She said, “Me neither.”

Funny as shit.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/13 at 09:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/27/13 at 10:17 PM ET

I think the Jackets finished 19-5-4 or something, best in the west over those games.

I could consult the long term POS chart but my eyes are not focusing very well right now.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/13 at 09:29 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 14 15 16 17 18 >       Next »