Abel to Yzerman

Welcome Back

Welcome back! Apparently we haven't had enough to completely deter us from watching games. I don't know how much longer this insanity can or will continue. Anyone can see all this losing is having a totally negative impact on the players, and, to be honest, the Wings don't exactly have an excess of talent, but at least make it look like you're trying. As a fan I understand what a rebuild is, and I know full well it does not include fan torture. And yes, we can turn the game off any time we choose. But still....

It's a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

LGRW…..that’s all I got.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/30/19 at 06:53 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

And yes, we can turn the game off any time we choose

If things have “gone south” by 8:00, I’d suggest Pretty Woman on Bravo. At least it has a happy ending. grin

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 11/30/19 at 06:57 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Evening to all and thank you once again for joining in. It’s hard to watch this team, but, Mickey Redmond is in the house so that makes it tolerable and comical, for me at least.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/30/19 at 06:58 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/30/19 at 07:01 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

If the boys lose tonight, I’m ok with that, but when the capitals are on a PP..I want to see a wing stuck to ovechkin like glue. Do not let him stand alone and fire away…make someone else score.

The hockey equivalent of the infield shift in baseball. Who will be the first team to have the courage to employ this strategy ..???

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/30/19 at 07:02 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Thank you Sir !!  May I have another?

Time for some RC’s and a little HockeyBall.

Whats the background on Big Johnny heading down to Grand Rapids??

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, waiting for YzerMan...... on 11/30/19 at 07:06 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Posted by Down River Dan

Where’s Bugsy Watson when we need him?

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/30/19 at 07:06 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Well it can’t be any worse than the Philly game. Can it? mad

Posted by bigfrog on 11/30/19 at 07:11 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

It looks like an empty oven in the Pizzarena. grrr

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/30/19 at 07:12 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

hey gang
and thanks!, kate

if you’re here, you owe a stick tap to the Emperor

.. don’t forget to put a nickel in his jar

now,

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/30/19 at 07:13 PM ET

Didn’t give up a shortie on the PP.  Seems like a win.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/30/19 at 07:25 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

It looks like an empty oven in the Pizzarena. grrr

Wow! Your right. It’s like the opposite white out in Winnipeg, except it’s a blackout (seats) in Detroit..

I’m guessing they expected a slightly better turnout for a holiday Saturday night…

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/30/19 at 07:28 PM ET

Fabbri!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/30/19 at 07:31 PM ET

Fabbri 1-0   grin

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/30/19 at 07:31 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

When this season is finally over, the one good thing that may come of it is the Fabbri deal…

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/30/19 at 07:32 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Yes 1-0

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 11/30/19 at 07:32 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Fabbri is a keeper. 1-0. LOL

Posted by bigfrog on 11/30/19 at 07:34 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’ve been in Bugsy Watson’s Pizza Restaurant in Old Town Alexandria, VA, a few times, located at the east end of King St just a few yards from the Potomac.  Been a long time, after a Red Wings game.

Posted by RWBill on 11/30/19 at 07:38 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

And, greetings to all, hope everyone having a nice Thanksgiving weekend.

Posted by RWBill on 11/30/19 at 07:39 PM ET

kilt it

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/30/19 at 07:40 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

RWBill
you posted this the other day & asked if the people could be ID’d
... that’s me & my kids (at H2H2 I believe)  grin

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/30/19 at 07:43 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Helm Helm, hands of elm.
Even at center ice.

Posted by RWBill on 11/30/19 at 07:43 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Yeah Stoney, we were searching for something favorable to think about. I was thinking that was you but wasn’t sure who else was in it.

Posted by RWBill on 11/30/19 at 07:45 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I knew Wilson was gonna goon it up… What a hack!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/30/19 at 07:45 PM ET

Ugh….Green

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/30/19 at 07:45 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by RWBill on 11/30/19 at 07:45 PM ET

a star is born tongue wink

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/30/19 at 07:46 PM ET

I knew Wilson was gonna goon it up… What a hack!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/30/19 at 07:45 PM ET

Was always going to be a toss up between him and Gudas as far as who brought the stupid first.  Wilson wins this time.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/30/19 at 07:46 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Whatcha cooking up tonight RWBill? How did your brand new 17” roasting pan go for ya? The perfect turkey I’d bet.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/30/19 at 07:48 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

OK intermission gonna stuff half of this turkey carcass into the discount InstaPot, maybe get some concentrated broth for turkey noodle soup next week, and the next month or two.

Posted by RWBill on 11/30/19 at 07:49 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Howdy 19. Got in just in time to see the Fabri goal. So far so good.  LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 11/30/19 at 07:51 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Yeah Kate the roasting pan with rack worked great, the large turkey cavity held a lot of stuffing too.  Thanks for asking.  I’m going to roast another one tomorree to take to my daughter’s house with some potatos and squash and stuffing and another pumpkin pie.  I think I may ciphon off a couple of pieces of that pie for myself lol.

Posted by RWBill on 11/30/19 at 07:51 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I don’t know what Stevie is thinking with E52 down to GR and Bowey staying here like Dawg said. Must be something brewing that we’re not privy aboot.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 11/30/19 at 07:54 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

A lot of you will remember my daughter’s twins being born in Winston-Salem the day that the night the Babcock Wings gave up a late 3-1 lead vs TB in G5 or G6 after Glendening went off with a cut or something, then lost in the first 2 minutes of OT.  This is them today at 4.5 with their ginger 18 month old brother, and their dad.

Posting this also kept me from getting my hands covered in turkey grease for a few minutes.

DF366BB4-D3CF-4F36-83A2-412D43A38C3F

Posted by RWBill on 11/30/19 at 07:57 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by RWBill on 11/30/19 at 07:57 PM ET

good stuff

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/30/19 at 08:00 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

The Wings are a combined -43 Goal Differential in periods 2 and 3.

Posted by RWBill on 11/30/19 at 08:01 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

look’n like I might get dumped on with about 10”

(I’m near Waausa on the bottom map)

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/30/19 at 08:04 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Ya wouldnt think sending Big Johnny down would be a spark plug move…. yet, here we be.

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, waiting for YzerMan...... on 11/30/19 at 08:04 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

You are a blessed man RW. A beautiful brood going on there.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/30/19 at 08:05 PM ET