Abel to Yzerman

We Are In Cal-Gary Tonight, Looking For 2 Wins In A Row

Paul here for Bill who has been very busy, so it is my turn to make sure this team of ours wins their 2nd game in a row while on their western Canada road swing.

To ensure the Wings score at least five goals tonight, we go back almost three years...

Remember this?

Hopefully the Lidstrom goal acts as a good luck charm for the Wings tonight, because truthfully we need goals at this point in time.

With that, it is a live blog b$#^*#@!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›      Next »

MoreShoot's avatar

Yup.  Lashoff’s an upgrade

And yet he should be depth guy.

Posted by MoreShoot on 11/01/13 at 09:58 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

What’s the wet spot on the shirt? Heart sweat from the crack pipe?
Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/01/13 at 09:50 PM ET

You know it’s good cause it’s blue, bitch. – Jesse Pinkman

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/01/13 at 09:58 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 11/01/13 at 09:57 PM ET

The feed quality goes as low as 800 bps to as high as 4500 bps.  Should work of you.

Are you missing being around all them nukes, Jeff?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 11/01/13 at 09:58 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Hola 42 Jeff. Pull up a chair and grab a Windex shooter. They don’t cost nuthin.
Not a bad road period. Must clean up in the d-zone more better. Need some secondary or thirdary scoring.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/01/13 at 09:57 PM ET

A Windex shooter…I"ll have to add that one to my bar.  Mrs 42jeff and my brother made a bar for me in my garage as a welcome home/retirement present.  Hanging sheet rock in the garage this weekend and then I get to put up the shrine. Gonna be LOOTS of red in that garage

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/01/13 at 09:58 PM ET

What a lovely donnybrook happ’n'ing in Philly.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 11/01/13 at 09:59 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Unless I pull a Superman and make the earth spin backwards a few days it looks like I missed my opportunity this year to watch every game on the Western Canadian swing. Maybe next year.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/01/13 at 09:56 PM ET

I meant in person, geebus.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/01/13 at 10:00 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by SYF from minding the gap on 11/01/13 at 09:57 PM ET

Thanks.  Had to get a job already….sitting around the house drove me nuts in only two weeks.  smile  Of course the “job” is more siting around drinking coffee with the older dudes in the park.  I got hired at a trailer park doing maintennace and odd jobs.  It’s awesome getting paid 12$/hr to do chores for four hours a day.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/01/13 at 10:00 PM ET

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 11/01/13 at 10:00 PM ET

I getcha, brother.  Slainte.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 11/01/13 at 10:02 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I did not go back and read the game day. Both Miller and Eaves are in, so who the heck is sitting out today. 22 and Samuelson I am guessing?

This will be interesting if they activate Helm because I think they are going over the Cap when they do that.  Someone will be ooot of a job.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/01/13 at 10:02 PM ET

calquake's avatar

And don’t forget all the toothless ladies in their house robes.

Posted by calquake on 11/01/13 at 10:03 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Someone will be ooot of a job.

Maybe Helm?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 11/01/13 at 10:03 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/01/13 at 10:02 PM ET

They are putting Ericsson on LTIR so Holland doesn’t have to make any decisions

Posted by Hootinani on 11/01/13 at 10:04 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 11/01/13 at 10:00 PM ET

Finding yourself in the home of a few nice old ladies may get tempting but try and keep your stick on the ice, bitch.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 11/01/13 at 10:04 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by calquake on 11/01/13 at 10:03 PM ET

Those are the “benefits” Cal.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 11/01/13 at 10:04 PM ET

Zamboni failure on the ice.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 11/01/13 at 10:04 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Are you missing being around all them nukes, Jeff?

um…..not really

I miss the fellas.  I miss that sense of “I went to work today, watched my dudes load a shit ton of bombs”

But the nukes?  Hell no.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/01/13 at 10:05 PM ET

Okay, that came out of my nose.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 11/01/13 at 10:06 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Ahhh .... lot 113.  I know her well.

I mean…her dishwasher…breaks…alot…

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 11/01/13 at 10:06 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Jimmah!

Posted by calquake on 11/01/13 at 10:07 PM ET

65DD never once looked down at the puck to make that stretch pass.

Dong!

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 11/01/13 at 10:07 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

James!

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/01/13 at 10:07 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Jimmah!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/01/13 at 10:08 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I’m gonna step out for a bit—or the rest of the bit.

I’ll drop a GDT on you tomorrow if nothing else.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 11/01/13 at 10:09 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Evening everybody.

Looks like Jimmah is saying “bacon for everyone!” again tonight

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 11/01/13 at 10:10 PM ET

I’m gonna step out for a bit—or the rest of the bit.

I’ll drop a GDT on you tomorrow if nothing else.

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 11/01/13 at 10:09 PM ET

If we don’t see ya again for the rest of the night, thanks again, RedM.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 11/01/13 at 10:10 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Smith damn near strikes again

Posted by Hootinani on 11/01/13 at 10:12 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

They are putting Ericsson on LTIR so Holland doesn’t have to make any decisions

Posted by Hootinani on 11/01/13 at 10:04 PM ET

Yes, that’s right. I forgot Ericsson was going long-term. Maybe if we’re unlucky we’ll go the whole season with somebody long-term injured so they don’t have to make that salary-cap decision.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/01/13 at 10:12 PM ET

Q.  You POS.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 11/01/13 at 10:13 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I’ll drop a GDT on you tomorrow if nothing else.

Many thanks.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 11/01/13 at 10:13 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Jebus Smith just leave the stick on the ice. It’s of no use to you anyway.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 11/01/13 at 10:13 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 11/01/13 at 10:05 PM ET

Didn’t think so.  They would likely creep the shit out of me.

There was the 60 Minutes (IIRC) piece in the 80’s where they had access to some of the Russian nuclear ICBM launch sites.  They took along some US military officers.

When looking into one site the Russians were asked where the missile was aimed for and the Russian official gave the answer of the place one of the US officers lived.  I wonder how he felt that moment.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 11/01/13 at 10:13 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Brendan Smith..you SUCK..Btw The Zebras suck too !!! and I need more Beer. Let’s go Red Wings !!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 11/01/13 at 10:14 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Can I get a feed please?

Posted by The Hurricane on 11/01/13 at 10:14 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Did Jimmy not give these guys any candy last night? The guys are leaving him out to dry playing tricks on him.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/01/13 at 10:14 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 11/01/13 at 10:15 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Difficult to pick out the Wings fans in this verrrrrrry quiet arena.

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 11/01/13 at 10:16 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/01/13 at 10:14 PM ET

Babs keeps playing the trick on him of putting Smith on the ice

Posted by Hootinani on 11/01/13 at 10:17 PM ET

Difficult to pick out the Wings fans in this verrrrrrry quiet arena.

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 11/01/13 at 10:16 PM ET

Indeed.  You can hear a fart whistle from the concourse.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 11/01/13 at 10:17 PM ET

Posted by Gary Bettman SUCK from Fort Myers, Florida on 11/01/13 at 10:15 PM ET

w00t.  Thanks, man.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 11/01/13 at 10:19 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

CrapOla the game Center through Xbox is a really good picture but it is sure acting up tonight.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/01/13 at 10:19 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›      Next »