Abel to Yzerman

Wanted: One Win

Needed: One Win Badly.

Paul here for IwoCPO.

A victory, two points, a blowout or a nail-biter, just put that W in the column.

Canes are playing for pride and the Wings should start playing like the playoffs start tomorrow.

Get the power play fixed, stop the defensive turnovers and all of the sudden, you have a team again.

The winning needs to start now….

... because it is a Live Blog bit****.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 8 9 10

monkey's avatar

Oddly, Franzen is the team leader in goals isn’t he?  Yet somehow seems Hudler-like invisible sometimes.

It’s funny you should say that.

Red Wings leaders in goals scored this season:

1. Johan Franzen, 26
2. Valtteri Filppula, 23
3. Jiri Hudler, 22

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/25/12 at 07:07 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

But considering Z’s line combines for 170 points compared to Pav’s line at 145…

Yes I know, injuries, corsi, reading too much into stats, and creating links that point to myself aside…Z’s line has been the most consistent, if not for the entire season, at least the past 3 months. Every player on Z’s line has 20 goals, every player on Z’s line (dammit Hudler) has 24 assists…and every player is in double digits +/- wise…

Pav has been his normal self, Bert the same, if not a little down but using his body a bit more this season…Franzen…sigh…has 25+ goals again but…c’mon…with Pav centering him…I have a hard time thinking 35-40 goals shouldn’t be out of the question. I bet Miller would put up 30 on Pav’s wing.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/25/12 at 08:35 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’m watching this NSV - CHI game and want Chicago to win, but am going to have to turn it off because I couldn’t stand listening to Chcago’s stupid song.

I’m sure Tootoo is even stupider than he is fearless.  He just dropped gloves with a guy at least 6 inches taller than him.

Damn, Preds just scored and I somehow felt good, which is wrong because we need to keep some space.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/25/12 at 08:57 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Chicago has elite goaltending.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/25/12 at 10:37 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 03/25/12 at 07:57 PM ET

You had nothing to worry about 4-0.  Preds.

Posted by Primis on 03/25/12 at 10:39 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Well, Chicago is less of a threat and we have a game in hand on Nashville.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 03/25/12 at 11:11 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I came here with a gripe and was going to complain about Z’s goalscoring and the fact that he never seems to score in wins until this last game, so I went and looked up the splits on Yahoo.

Turns out Z’s scored 17 times in DET’s 45 Wins with him in the lineup, and only 4 times in DET’s 30 losses.

I should have known better of course:  when DET loses NOBODY is scoring.

If Z can score one more goal this month though (he has 7) it will basically be as many or more goals than any other 3 months of his goalscoring this season COMBINED.  However, he’s also already racked up more SOG (46) this month than any other.  That’s no coincidence IMO.  He’s a guy that should getting 5 SOG or more a game, and for a long stretch he wasn’t getting that.  His 7 SOG against CAR ties him for 2nd-highest of the season (he had 8 last time against ANA).  And those 3 other 7’s he tied for 2nd with all happened back in Oct and Nov.  Check his gamelogs for the last few months and you’ll see almost nothign but 2’s, 3’s, and 4’s for him in the SOG category.  A lot of 2’s and even some 1’s.

Of course, his A’s have dropped.  Naturally.  Because instead of trying to make a pass to someone else and hope they do something, he’s trying to make plays himself now again.  Much more assertive.

Posted by Primis on 03/26/12 at 10:05 AM ET