Abel to Yzerman

Wanted: One Win

Needed: One Win Badly.

Paul here for IwoCPO.

A victory, two points, a blowout or a nail-biter, just put that W in the column.

Canes are playing for pride and the Wings should start playing like the playoffs start tomorrow.

Get the power play fixed, stop the defensive turnovers and all of the sudden, you have a team again.

The winning needs to start now….

... because it is a Live Blog bit****.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

TheRealYooper's avatar

i got nothing. just shake my head and walk away.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/24/12 at 08:35 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Canes 4 game win streak ending last night, and they looked bad against Columbus. They are tired. They give up the most shots in the league, and the most goals. We have had 2 days off, and are as well rested as you can be, this time of the year. Despite the injuries, we have better talent on the ice tonight.

IT’S A TRAP.

Posted by dougie on 03/24/12 at 08:42 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The winning needs to start now….

... because it is a Live Blog bit****.

You know it Paul, and, thanks for always being here when we need you.

Evenin’ Bitches. Two points.

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/24/12 at 08:43 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks, Paul!

Dear Red Wings,

Show up. Play hard. Focus. Be hungry. WIN.

Thank you.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/24/12 at 08:47 PM ET

Detroit has three consecutive very “winnable” games in a row. Contrary to what some people think, I feel that a 4th seed and as much home ice as possible is essential for the Wings to have any level of success come playoff time. Couple that with games against Nashville and Chicago and we’ll know soon enough if this squad has any intention of salvaging a season that has gone to shit the past three weeks.

It’s time for quite a few players to step the fu*k up. You’re Detroit Red Wings, goddammit. Play like you’ve got a pair and deserve to wear that winged wheel on your chests.

Posted by godblender on 03/24/12 at 08:49 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Murph sez the last game “resurrected Conklin’s NHL career”.

I won’t burden you with my Top Ten list of snide responses to that.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by dougie on 03/24/12 at 08:49 PM ET

Paul's avatar

According to Elliotte Friedman, Lids is in.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/24/12 at 08:50 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Evening, bitches, what are you drinking?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 03/24/12 at 08:57 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

at this point of the season, gasoline.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/24/12 at 08:59 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

FSD+ FEED

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/24/12 at 09:01 PM ET

Bent's avatar

According to Elliotte Friedman, Lids is in.

Great news if true.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/24/12 at 09:02 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

No, Two Points you bunch of slackers, Wink.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/24/12 at 09:02 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

mick says nick is in.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/24/12 at 09:04 PM ET

Lids is in per Ken & Mick

Posted by T on 03/24/12 at 09:04 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Evening, bitches, what are you drinking?

The pot liquor from the corned beef I cooked today, with a dash of hot sauce.
And some stuff in a Mason Jar.

I guess I should have anticipated being stuck with the Hurricanes feed , here in Raleigh. But I like John Forslund, so it will be tolerable.

Posted by dougie on 03/24/12 at 09:05 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Sound is totally jacked on FSD+

Anyone else?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/24/12 at 09:06 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Before they blacked it out for the game, my FSD hi def feed had very little audio. the lo def channel was fine.

Posted by dougie on 03/24/12 at 09:08 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Seriously?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/24/12 at 09:09 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Really, wings?

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/24/12 at 09:09 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Well, that was quick

Oh and, BTW, evening 19!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/24/12 at 09:09 PM ET

Bent's avatar

I can’t believe the amount of luck the wings don’t have.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/24/12 at 09:10 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by dougie on 03/24/12 at 07:08 PM ET

That is exactly what is going on here.  Frustrating as all hell.  Can’t bear to watch SD though.  Hopefully the audio gets cleared up.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/24/12 at 09:10 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

well dash any hope i had.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/24/12 at 09:11 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Evening, bitches, what are you drinking?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 03/24/12 at 06:57 PM ET

I was gonna order up a round of champagne for the house, but I’ll stick with my usual Drain-O

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/24/12 at 09:12 PM ET

VooX's avatar

JFC, I step away to get some more mason jars and I get to watch us play from behind again.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 03/24/12 at 09:12 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Paul.
Hi 19+

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/24/12 at 09:12 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Punching Homer in the head is legal.  Nice to know some things never change.  I guess.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/24/12 at 09:13 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Nice quick whistle there.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/24/12 at 09:14 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Puck bouncing around like a rubber ball in the Carolina crease—so naturally the whistle blows.  Zebras in top form I see.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/24/12 at 09:15 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I was going to predict a final score of Detroit 6, Carolina 0, but before I had a chance I was proven wrong.  Terribly, terribly wrong.

In honor of my extreme wrongnitude I give to you a new prediction:  Detroit 37, Carolina 1.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/24/12 at 09:15 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

This audio, or lack thereof is going to drive me to drink… er, um, more.  Yeah, drink more.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/24/12 at 09:17 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Now the video stopped.  Awesome.  SD here I come.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/24/12 at 09:18 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Well, at least #5 is back in the lineup.  Means my late night “sit down” with Beelzebub last night wasn’t for naught.  My mortal soul is a small price to pay.  Don’t thank me now.  Thank me in June.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/24/12 at 09:19 PM ET

Bent's avatar

ITDeuce, what is your TV provider?  Everything looks great on Dish Network.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/24/12 at 09:19 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Sorry I’m late - heard it on the radio whilst being the taxi.

17 seconds - geebuz.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/24/12 at 09:19 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/24/12 at 07:19 PM ET

You might have overpaid.  They are still losing.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/24/12 at 09:20 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

cheap shot on the Yak

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/24/12 at 09:22 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

ITDeuce, what is your TV provider?  Everything looks great on Dish Network.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/24/12 at 07:19 PM ET

DirecTV.  The HD video started up again, but SD hockey on an HD set is truly borderline unwatchable.  Really super grainy and very hard to follow the puck.  In those scrums, there is no chance of seeing it.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/24/12 at 09:23 PM ET