Abel to Yzerman

Video- 44 Minutes Of Ken Holland Today

Please take notes!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

WingDingy's avatar

Sure wish Kenny was cleaning out his locker.  If we let Stevie Y get away so we can hang onto the guy who’s responsible for trashing this team, I’m done with them.

Posted by WingDingy on 04/08/19 at 10:33 PM ET

d ca's avatar

Will you be done if Stevie comes back in a different position and Holland is still the GM? That is what I expect to happen. I just hope Yzerman convinces Verbeek to come with him.

I would be shocked if Holland is let go. If it doesn’t happen in the next few days it’s not happening.

Posted by d ca on 04/08/19 at 11:04 PM ET

Chet's avatar

I need 5M against the cap to watch any of this. Assume
It was lucid and great.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/09/19 at 02:41 AM ET

This is a Stoopid take d_ca. Wings can’t announce anything until July or it’s tampering and they owe the Bolts a second round? pick.

Posted by teldar on 04/09/19 at 06:04 AM ET

d ca's avatar

Teldar, you’re wrong.

Exit interviews with ownership will take place well before July. In fact they will take place very soon. If (and it’s a big if)Holland is going to be relieved as GM, it will be before the draft and free agency and during or just after the exit interview.

Beyond that Yzerman has a contract that expires in Spring —not at the end of the season according to the source I read. Argue with this guy But again, you will argue so I direct your argument to Tony Wolak of The Hockey Writers said Spring and who also thinks Holland will remain the GM.

And if you think the Wings won’t ask for permission to speak to Tampa or that Tampa will say no and that will be the end you don’t understand how the league’s corporate structure works. Remember Babcock whose coaching contract expired at the end of June: did he wait until the day after and suddenly start talking to the Leafs? nope because he signed with the Leafs on May 20th before his Red Wong contract was even done. Plenty of other examples too.

Verbeek has already been given permission before by Tampa once before at least

Why do I think we’ll need Verbeek? Because I see Ryan Martin becoming Edmonton’s GM.

Posted by d ca on 04/09/19 at 07:00 AM ET

Babcock asked permission to go job hunting before his contract ended and he was granted permission to look for a new job by the Detroit Red Wings.

He had to do so because NHL contracts don’t end at the nebulous, vague day of “spring”, they end June 30th.

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 04/09/19 at 12:02 PM ET

d ca's avatar

Argue with the paid professional hockey writer that has an editor and knows more about how executive NHL contracts work-not players or coaches than amateur you. Or did you not understand the facts from the two times I posted it above.

See when you cite facts from a professionals, people here still argue it’s an opinion and that needs to change.

Don’t follow up here send the article’s author a follow up and if your not satisfied send his editor one. Then share your response(s)-or your just spreading falsehoods of a contract you haven’t seen.

Posted by d ca on 04/09/19 at 12:29 PM ET

Posted by teldar on 04/09/19 at 06:04 AM ET

Teldar, you’re wrong.

Posted by d ca on 04/09/19 at 07:00 AM ET

Well, technically Spring started March 20th and nothing has happened for, what, 3 weeks…..So I think “spring” might be a generalization….but you know that, don’t you?

Here’s one source from NHL.com that says the end of the season, not “spring”.

“Steve Yzerman remains heavily involved with the Tampa Bay Lightning in his role as senior adviser to general manager Julien BriseBois, but it remains to be seen what he will do when his contract expires after this season.”

Still, what is the official “end” of the season? I know it ain’t March 20th, you know, “spring”.

Here’s someone else saying, the end of the season too.

“Yzerman is under contract with Tampa Bay through the 2018-19 season”

d ca, that’s pretty disingenuous to use an article to support your point but not take responsibly for it.

but hey if you have a problem with my two sources you should take it up with the Frkin’ NHL and “some Scott guy”. okay? Please don’t respond to me. I’m not responsible!

Posted by howeandhowe from Seattle on 04/09/19 at 06:31 PM ET

Posted by d ca on 04/09/19 at 12:29 PM ET

I fart in your general direction.

Posted by howeandhowe from Seattle on 04/09/19 at 06:32 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Ease up folks, thanks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/09/19 at 06:32 PM ET

Ease up folks, thanks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/09/19 at 06:32 PM ET

I guess I relaxed too much. It just slipped.

Posted by howeandhowe from Seattle on 04/09/19 at 06:49 PM ET