Abel to Yzerman

Underdogs? More Like Maidens With Wrought Iron Souls

Oh yes.  Yes, I did.  For the first time ever, since this blog was created back in 1978, we've welcomed Jim Morrison to a Live Blog.

Actually, that's a lie because we talked about our Killer on the Road.  And if that big bastard comes back during this playoff run, we might trot it out again.

But for now, we're together on a thin raft, floating down a beery river toward a land where hockey doesn't belong and where the Pharoa died.

We need at least one in ridiculous Anaheim.  Game 1 would be preferable, but we'll take 2 if its offered.  Give us both and it will be on whore-style.

So here we go, into the breach once more.  We'll do nothing to influence a damn thing but what's done will influence us all to an extent that it's indecipherable to anyone but us and the pets we sacrifice.  Kiss your spouses on their lips.  Kiss your bosses on their asses.  Protect your children.  Warn your neighbors and ask baby Jesus to forgive us for the deals we make when we promise we'll exchange anything for just...one...goal.

It's a Live Blog, you bitches.  It's on.  Again.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›      Next »

RorSchach's avatar

Rum, you have no idea! smile

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 10:04 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Ass…Balls…I’m all confused.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/30/13 at 10:05 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Red_Winger: I’m all jelly over that. A moment that surely will never leave your soul.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 10:05 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Somebody referenced 6 year old members?

Who had a birthday?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 04/30/13 at 10:05 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

60 decades in…........Bitches. wink

Lets go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/30/13 at 10:06 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by Sketchy_princess on 04/30/13 at 09:56 PM ET

There should be a primer for new members.  It would soaked in beer and barely legible, but at least it would be something.

The thing you should know about this place is that it is like a community.  Many of the people on here are friends in real life.

I don’t know where I’m going with this.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 10:06 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

6 year olds?

Posted by pgoody on 04/30/13 at 10:06 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

alarm clock got me up just in time, 4 am bitches.

That’s dedication, bitches.

And I thought I was taking one for the team, what with taking a sick day tomorrow and all.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/30/13 at 10:06 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I don’t know where I’m going with this.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/30/13 at 10:06 PM ET

There’s no telling who’s used it for a diaper last though so you may not want to be first in line for that….

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/30/13 at 10:07 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

The thing you should know about this place is that it is like a community.

If you say village Ima reaching for a sidearm.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 04/30/13 at 10:08 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 04/30/13 at 10:07 PM ET

I noticed the multiple fold lines from an inept paper airplane attempt…

Posted by pgoody on 04/30/13 at 10:08 PM ET

monkey's avatar

alarm clock got me up just in time, 4 am bitches.

Jeebs. I was thinking about going to bed.

See, that’s also true.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 10:08 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 04/30/13 at 10:07 PM ET

...This is going to end with another Corncob 101 primer somewhere, isn’t it?

Posted by Primis on 04/30/13 at 10:08 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Lets go Red Wings!!!!!=Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Whore iPad and not proof reading.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/30/13 at 10:08 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

If you say village Ima reaching for a sidearm.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, DuhUck hunting….whore style on 04/30/13 at 10:08 PM ET

+19

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/30/13 at 10:08 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Money - You mushy ass. Love it.

Jeff.. I concur, don’t be first in line for that. That belongs to Baldy FlatScalp.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 10:08 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Dammit NBC.  There is no way this shite is done by the time the important game is sposta begin.

LGRW

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 04/30/13 at 10:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by pgoody on 04/30/13 at 10:06 PM ET

I love that photo.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/30/13 at 10:09 PM ET

monkey's avatar

If you say village Ima reaching for a sidearm.

“It takes a village of idiots to create a belching, slobbering mass of inebriated reprobates”

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 10:09 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/30/13 at 10:06 PM ET

Sketchy,  A2Y’s Glossary of Terms is as good a place to start as any.

There will be a quiz in the second intermission… if any of us can still read at that point.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 10:09 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 10:05 PM ET

Hell no. I think we paid something like $400 each for tickets that allowed us to almost touch the rafters. We didn’t care. Would have been worth ten times that amount.

The loudness of the crowd reverberated through you. It was a city and a fan base showing their love for one of the greatest sports figures to ever call Detroit home, and it was magic.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/30/13 at 10:10 PM ET

Seems like a fun crowd Monkey.

Posted by Sketchy_princess on 04/30/13 at 10:10 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Dear 19,
Hell of a day (14 hours) at work and I have been looking forward to spending the evening with you all.  I do not have the energy to read through all your delightful posts, so I hope you can update me. I have tuned in and Minn-Chi are just 25% through the third (at least the Trio of Twits are in Chicago) so the Wings game will be JIP?

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 04/30/13 at 10:11 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Hey Kate u talk A LOT of shit. A LOT. For real.  R u like that in real life or just behind a touch screen?  Option B I’ll guess.

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 10:11 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I just realized I am in the NBC black out zone. I think I am being racially profiled.

Looks like the PIRATE feed for me.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 04/30/13 at 10:11 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Speaking of the glossary, what the hell happened to the sidebar?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 10:11 PM ET

Joe Z.'s avatar

Jeebs. I was thinking about going to bed.

Know the best part about getting up early? Irish coffee…

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 04/30/13 at 10:11 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/30/13 at 10:10 PM ET

Oh, I don’t doubt that. Not one.. little.. bit.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 10:11 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

And its all that real annoying I won’t say it to your face I’ll just I’ll be smart and inply stuff kinda shit talking.

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 10:12 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Hey, Sketchy: Don’t listen to anything Monkey has to type. Rofl. Kidding.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 10:12 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Shit not a test…I’ve had too much to drink for that

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/30/13 at 10:12 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

The playoff chalice has been filled.  The gauntlet has been thrown down, whore style.

I hope Corey Perry gets jail sexed with some banjo music to set the tone.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 10:13 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Doc and the Douche Canoe, but no Eddie IcePatch?  Does that mean we’re gonna get him?  Oh helm…

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/30/13 at 10:13 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Brb, 19. Getting my 24 ounces of beer.. And of course, many more to follow.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 10:14 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Speaking of the glossary, what the hell happened to the sidebar?

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/30/13 at 10:11 PM ET

I want that side bar back.  Paul can anything be done?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 10:14 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.

You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.

You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.

You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.

You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.

You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.

You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.

Ahhhhhh peace of mind.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 04/30/13 at 10:14 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Rum, I have no idea how to even do that.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 10:15 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Looks like the PIRATE feed for me.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, DuhUck hunting….whore style on 04/30/13 at 10:11 PM ET

Its more like prison rape.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 10:16 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Ahhhhhh peace of mind.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, DuhUck hunting….whore style on 04/30/13 at 10:14 PM ET

I love it!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/30/13 at 10:16 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

I’m glad the people that don’t know jack about hockey and think playoffs mean wear a jersey and drink beer are ignoring me. I’m here to talk to real fans. Fans that go to a game and their eyes are glued to the ice for 3 periods. Not spending half the time signalling for the beer man or in the trough.

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 10:16 PM ET