Abel to Yzerman

Underdogs? More Like Maidens With Wrought Iron Souls

Oh yes.  Yes, I did.  For the first time ever, since this blog was created back in 1978, we've welcomed Jim Morrison to a Live Blog.

Actually, that's a lie because we talked about our Killer on the Road.  And if that big bastard comes back during this playoff run, we might trot it out again.

But for now, we're together on a thin raft, floating down a beery river toward a land where hockey doesn't belong and where the Pharoa died.

We need at least one in ridiculous Anaheim.  Game 1 would be preferable, but we'll take 2 if its offered.  Give us both and it will be on whore-style.

So here we go, into the breach once more.  We'll do nothing to influence a damn thing but what's done will influence us all to an extent that it's indecipherable to anyone but us and the pets we sacrifice.  Kiss your spouses on their lips.  Kiss your bosses on their asses.  Protect your children.  Warn your neighbors and ask baby Jesus to forgive us for the deals we make when we promise we'll exchange anything for just...one...goal.

It's a Live Blog, you bitches.  It's on.  Again.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›      Next »

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.

ok that’s better.  trolls I can handle.  whatever this idiot is, I don’t think there’s a word for it yet.  calling him a troll gives trolls a bad name.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 09:50 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

OK, let’s get this stupid matinee over with quick so we can see the FEATURED PRESENTATION!

My body is already trying to curl up in the fetal position.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/30/13 at 09:51 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Sometimes I wonder if the Chief has us all blocked.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, DuhUck hunting….whore style on 04/30/13 at 09:49 PM ET

We all know he posts the thread and only comes back the next day to laugh maniacally at the carnage in the thread that he can then read at his leisure.  He’s the ringmaster, and we’re the freaking circus.

Posted by Primis on 04/30/13 at 09:51 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

What I’m called is someone who don’t take your shit, dad.

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 09:51 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’m not so sure this “ignore member” feature is a good idea.  When I take a shit, I flush it.  I don’t leave it on the floor and pretend it’s not there.  If you take a shit on the floor, ignore it, then bring guests over, they’re not going to ignore it.  It’s a big pile of shit on your floor.  It looks like shit.  It smells like shit.  It is shit.

New and potentially new members of the 19 will not be aware of the “ignore member” feature.  They’ll see the shit and think “this place is a sewer”.

However, “don’t respond to trolls” is a time tested and proven method.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 09:52 PM ET

thanks Bez!

Posted by Sketchy_princess on 04/30/13 at 09:53 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

However, “don’t respond to trolls” is a time tested and proven method.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/30/13 at 09:52 PM ET

But that takes self control and shit.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 09:53 PM ET

I put up the banners tonite. One is in the front window. When my Grandson saw it he said ” Ahhh, Christmas.”

....the first time my grandson went to church, and saw the cross with christ attached, blurted out ...........................“Spiderman !!!”

Posted by dingus from the salty great lake on 04/30/13 at 09:53 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

See he’s calling me troll now cuz that’s what he had his bestie call me after I called him homer. Like he’s tryin to get under my skin by name calling. That worked in 5th grade, dad. U guys are adults. Act like it.

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 09:54 PM ET

monkey's avatar

As the Virgin Mary once said, “Great minds thinks a like mother fucher.”

Make it a high ball.  I’d raise a glass with you any time sir.

A high ball it is.  If you’re anywhere near the VA-NC border, check with Dougie.  He may have an invitation for you.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 09:54 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Monkey.. She’s my friend. She’s in Michigan. Great people. Huge smart ass. Better watch yourself. She’ll get you.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 09:54 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

What I’m called is someone who don’t take your shit, dad.

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 09:51 PM ET

Big talk.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 09:54 PM ET

monkey's avatar

But that takes self control and shit.

No one said it would be easy.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 09:55 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

VooX…. beer me. All aboard bitches.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/30/13 at 09:55 PM ET

monkey's avatar

She’ll fit right in then.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 09:56 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Talk that wasn’t directed toward you at all. So why do u find the need to get involved?

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 09:56 PM ET

Me a smart ass? NEVER. LIES. smile

Posted by Sketchy_princess on 04/30/13 at 09:56 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/30/13 at 09:54 PM ET

Much obliged sir.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 09:57 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Just got done watching the whole Yzerman retirement thing on the youtube.. How fitting, they were playing Analheim that night..

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 09:58 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 09:54 PM ET

Huge what?  smile

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/30/13 at 09:58 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Someone was talking about 700 posts on this thread.  By my count we’re already half way there.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 09:59 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

However, “don’t respond to trolls” is a time tested and proven method.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/30/13 at 09:52 PM ET

Exactly.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/30/13 at 09:59 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Lies? Lies my ass!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 09:59 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Fluffy - Balls. She has HUGE Balls.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 09:59 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Who’s blocking who

Isn’t that an Aretha Franklin song from the mid-80s?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/30/13 at 09:59 PM ET

monkey's avatar

YOu think we’re halfway to 700? High balls work fast.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 10:00 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

LGRW!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/30/13 at 10:00 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

How do u test an ass for smartness? Sounds like a potential career option for me.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 04/30/13 at 10:00 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Half an hour until game time.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/30/13 at 10:00 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

But u did respond kate. U started all this by calling names like a 6 year old, remember?  So take ur own advice gammy.

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 10:01 PM ET

I have no idea WHAT you mean Rors. lol.

Posted by Sketchy_princess on 04/30/13 at 10:01 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Everytime Franzen scores in the playoffs…

Posted by pgoody on 04/30/13 at 10:01 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

YOu think we’re halfway to 700? High balls work fast.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/30/13 at 10:00 PM ET

I should be careful.  Probably not a good place to advertise that I’m a cheap date.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 10:02 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Dan - Really, dude.. Chill. It’s playoff hockey. Just stay calm. If all else fails, back away from the computer.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 10:02 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Bez - You whore.

Goody - Cha-ching.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 10:03 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Fluffy - Balls. She has HUGE Balls.

We’re gonna need bigger rock glasses behind the bar.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 04/30/13 at 10:03 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Everytime Franzen scores in the playoffs…

Posted by pgoody on 04/30/13 at 10:01 PM ET

I really hope I get sick of seeing that GIF

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/30/13 at 10:03 PM ET

Primis's avatar

153 comments and still 30 min. to broadcast time, which means what, 50 until actual puck drop?

Posted by Primis on 04/30/13 at 10:04 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 09:58 PM ET

I was at that game, what a night. If I remember correctly the game itself didn’t begin until 9:30 or so. But it didn’t matter, it was so secondary.

Pretty sure it’s the first and last time such a collection of Who’s Who in hockey will ever occur again under the same roof: Scotty Bowman, Probert, Lidstrom, Don Cherry, Delvechio, Lindsay, me, and of course Stevie Y.

Amazing night.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/30/13 at 10:04 PM ET

Joe Z.'s avatar

alarm clock got me up just in time, 4 am bitches.
Wondering when someone will invent a reliable time bending mechanism. stress so early can’t be healthy…

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 04/30/13 at 10:04 PM ET