Abel to Yzerman

Uh Oh…Hitch Is In Town And He’s Hungry

Oh for god's sake. This is too much.  Game after game, the hill gets steeper.  I'm serious this time. There is no way we're winnigng this one.  And there's no way I can even spell winning. The little streak was nice, but it ends tonite at the Joe.

Just as he was getting so very warm, like urine, Johan Franzen is hurt with a hip flexor.  We have no idea when Darren Helm will be back, or our precious serial killer.

The bitter little baby brother Blues are angry. So very angry.

Nick Lidstrom will be there tonite, but he'll be in some slick-ass suit.

Us?

We'll have nothing but blue balls.  Nick's there, but he's not giving it up. You know what I mean.

Oh and then there's this...Desperate Ken Hitchcock, starving and foaming, is starting a rookie. Some kid named Jake Allen.

He'll play the game of his life then we'll never hear from him again.

Injuries. Providence. Swedish Teases.

Wings win 4-2.  Goals from Home Keys, Zetterman, Wally and Datsyuk.

I'm at sea. I'll try and watch. If not?

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 14 15 16

RWBill's avatar

Adios and ciao.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/13/13 at 11:09 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Well crapola…hey monkey if your’e still around, I fixed the bus for you

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/13/13 at 11:10 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

Posted by monkey from Thispuckjusthitsanicepatchandslidesintothebackofth on 02/13/13 at 10:09 PM ET

That’s SIR Bumblepatch of Humblepound I’ll have you know.

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 02/13/13 at 11:10 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Rumbear out.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 02/13/13 at 11:11 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Later

Posted by calquake on 02/13/13 at 11:12 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Well crapola…hey monkey if your’e still around, I fixed the bus for you

That’s you?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/13/13 at 11:12 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

That’s you?

Posted by monkey from Thispuckjusthitsanicepatchandslidesintothebackofth on 02/13/13 at 10:12

That’s me what

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/13/13 at 11:13 PM ET

monkey's avatar

In the picture.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/13/13 at 11:13 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Kronner bag skate at midnight. Cleary and Abby will join you after cleaning the shitters and sweeping da stairs boooodyy.

Blows did not deserve this. Hopefully they keep up their bad habits and lose many more.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/13/13 at 11:14 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

In the picture.

Posted by monkey from Thispuckjusthitsanicepatchandslidesintothebackofth on 02/13/13 at 10:13 PM ET

haha..nope.  Tis’ a monkey fixing my gramer

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/13/13 at 11:15 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Too many of our best Wings had off nights last night - Kronner, Brunner, Jimmah.

And how can a team have that few shots on goal in the second and third?

Tough one to lose.  Good reminder that they need to bring it every minute of every shift.

I have to say that if one thing drives me away from watching Red Wings hockey, it is the nauseatingly awful NBC broadcast team.  I have been muting the sound between periods for some time, but now I can’t even stand to listen to the live action commentary.  Did anyone else notice that, during most of the first and second periods, they were chatting about everything OTHER THAN what was happening on the ice?  And then EdzoIcePatch and his reliable bias in favor of whatever-team-the-Red-Wings-are-playing-against….

After two periods, I literally could not take it anymore.  I turned off the TV and listened to Ken and Paul on the radio for the rest of the game.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/14/13 at 10:42 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

I wonder if it would do any good complaining to NBC about it…probably not.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/14/13 at 12:56 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/14/13 at 09:42 AM ET

It is a horrible crew to listen to.  I mute them every time, and when I do turn on their audio I am sickened again.  They frequently talk about anything except the game being broadcast in front of them.  It is horrible.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/14/13 at 07:49 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

BERTUZZI HOSPITALIZED WITH BACK PAIN

JFC

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/14/13 at 07:54 PM ET

BERTUZZI HOSPITALIZED WITH BACK PAIN

JFC

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/14/13 at 06:54 PM ET

If he’s out for the season after the surgery (and it is likely he will be since he’s had the same problem when the Wings re-signed him after a short year in BGY), I’m beginning to wonder who will the Wings get to fill in that power forward position:  mean on the ice and murderous with the goal scoring.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/15/13 at 01:57 AM ET