Abel to Yzerman

Uh Oh…Hitch Is In Town And He’s Hungry

Oh for god's sake. This is too much.  Game after game, the hill gets steeper.  I'm serious this time. There is no way we're winnigng this one.  And there's no way I can even spell winning. The little streak was nice, but it ends tonite at the Joe.

Just as he was getting so very warm, like urine, Johan Franzen is hurt with a hip flexor.  We have no idea when Darren Helm will be back, or our precious serial killer.

The bitter little baby brother Blues are angry. So very angry.

Nick Lidstrom will be there tonite, but he'll be in some slick-ass suit.

Us?

We'll have nothing but blue balls.  Nick's there, but he's not giving it up. You know what I mean.

Oh and then there's this...Desperate Ken Hitchcock, starving and foaming, is starting a rookie. Some kid named Jake Allen.

He'll play the game of his life then we'll never hear from him again.

Injuries. Providence. Swedish Teases.

Wings win 4-2.  Goals from Home Keys, Zetterman, Wally and Datsyuk.

I'm at sea. I'll try and watch. If not?

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 11 12 13 14 15 >  Last ›      Next »

42jeff's avatar

crimeny cleary

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/13/13 at 10:43 PM ET

Could these clowns be more giddy every time something goes against the Wings?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/13/13 at 10:44 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Cleary get OFF the ice…

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 02/13/13 at 10:44 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Could these clowns be more giddy every time something goes against the Wings?

Posted by Valek on 02/13/13 at 09:44 PM ET

Maybe if Crosby was calling the penalties.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/13/13 at 10:44 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

We Need a GOAL x 2(sorry to state the obvious)!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/13/13 at 10:45 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

We couldn’t even sell our PP for a crate of Heineken.

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 02/13/13 at 10:45 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

this better not go to a skills competition the way Jimmah has looked tonight

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/13/13 at 10:46 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

We couldn’t even sell our PP for a crate of Heineken.

Posted by jimathor from Southampton, UK. on 02/13/13 at 09:45 PM ET

You might get a deal done with Bud Light Platinum though…

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/13/13 at 10:46 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

How many shots have we slammed straight into their D tonight?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/13/13 at 10:46 PM ET

monkey's avatar

How many shots have we slammed straight into their D tonight?

That poor girl.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/13/13 at 10:47 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

More dump and chase. I miss the days of carrying the puck into the zone.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/13/13 at 10:47 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

How many shots have we slammed straight into their D tonight?

Many more than on their goalie

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/13/13 at 10:48 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

We couldn’t even sell our PP for a crate of Heineken.

Posted by jimathor from Southampton, UK. on 02/13/13 at 09:45 PM ET

You might get a deal done with Bud Light Platinum though…

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/13/13 at 09:46 PM ET

Speaking of this, I tried the black crown.  Team of hobos filtration.  Just awful.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 02/13/13 at 10:48 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Why can’t we seem to score on 2 on 1’s?

Posted by calquake on 02/13/13 at 10:48 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

every Wings fan’s dream…Datsyuk down the right side on a 2-on-1 break, 8 minutes left in a 3-3 game.

dreams. crushed.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/13/13 at 10:48 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

Bud Light Platinum

You’re going to have to explain this one to me, I did an east-coast tour a year or so ago and last literally, half of a “light” beer, holy moley, how do you dudes cope? It was like pondwater.

Then I challenged some guy to hit the Jameson with me and I told him I was the Archduke of Tibblesbury.

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 02/13/13 at 10:48 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Fool me once…

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/13/13 at 10:49 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

We couldn’t even sell our PP for a crate of Heineken.
Posted by jimathor from Southampton, UK. on 02/13/13 at 09:45 PM ET

With a case of Heineken you can score, so why would you trade that for the Detroit PP?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 02/13/13 at 10:49 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I saw Ericsson eyeing that patch of ice.  He just missed.

+52

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/13/13 at 10:49 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Cue lively boards comment.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/13/13 at 10:49 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

More dump and chase. I miss the days of carrying the puck into the zone.

and I thought I was olde….

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 02/13/13 at 10:49 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Why can’t we seem to score on 2 on 1’s?

That poor girl.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/13/13 at 10:50 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

and there’s Emmerton making good plays against 3 people.

individually they are playing well.  it’s the collective brain farts that are killing them.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/13/13 at 10:50 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Why is it I feel we need a lucky bounce to score?

Posted by RWBill

no, just a patch of ice.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/13/13 at 10:50 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

If this team ever plays Kindl or Quincy over Lashoff that’s just a bad decision. Also tootoo should be up on that line instead of abby. He actually has a knack for finding pucks in corners

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/13/13 at 10:51 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

this better not go to a skills competition the way Jimmah has looked tonight

he’s excellent in shootouts.

he’s TERRIBLE on in-game breakaways.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/13/13 at 10:51 PM ET

monkey's avatar

It actually is fermented pondwater.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/13/13 at 10:51 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

no, just a patch of ice.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/13/13 at 09:50 PM ET

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/13/13 at 10:51 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

The Detroit Red Wings once possessed a formidable power play

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/13/13 at 10:51 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

The NFL has challenges and we just saw a horrifically poorly officiated super bowl.  Why the hell would challenges help?  It’s just an invitation to mess up and have someone else fix your mistake.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 02/13/13 at 10:52 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by jimathor from Southampton, UK. on 02/13/13 at 09:48 PM ET

And he claimed he was Bumblepatch of Humblepond.

Posted by calquake on 02/13/13 at 10:52 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Ok!!  This is it!!  Abdelkader earns his BJ from someone in my family right here!!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/13/13 at 10:52 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by jimathor from Southampton, UK. on 02/13/13 at 09:48 PM ET

I’m gonna go with enculturation on this one.  We just grow up with it… I guess.

Bud Light Platinum was a gimmick light(er) beer that Budweiser can up with last year.  It’s filtered through ass-cracks if I remember my 19 lore correctly.

Fool me once…

Posted by monkey from Thispuckjusthitsanicepatchandslidesintothebackofth on 02/13/13 at 09:49 PM ET

———-

Time for the PPK.  LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/13/13 at 10:52 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

If they ever turn their ship around, I’m redoing this with curb feelers, some badass pipes, and maybe some fuzzy dice.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/13/13 at 10:52 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

Touche.

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 02/13/13 at 10:52 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Brilliant!

I haven’t laughed that hard in 10 years.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/13/13 at 10:53 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

but wtf is OICE?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/13/13 at 10:53 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

homer caught off guard LOL

Nick still all class.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/13/13 at 10:53 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Homer and TPH on a date.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/13/13 at 10:53 PM ET

dougie's avatar

“Detroit with a power play, and a chance to break the tie” has taken on new meaning this season

Posted by dougie on 02/13/13 at 10:54 PM ET