Abel to Yzerman

Uh oh. Big, Bad, Boston.

Well, if there's going to be a legitimate "rival" in this division, this is it.  Toronto? No. It will be fun to see them get pasted and it will be particularly fun to hear their fans whimper.  Montreal, Florida, Tampa...blah, blah, blah.  That's just science.

Boston's it.  But not yet.  Not until a playoff series.  Until then, it's all just talk.  Like this...

We'll start with their city.

That's from the Stanley Cup of Chowder, a Boston blog of the SB Nation variety. That means it looks, sounds, smells just like every other SB Nation blog.

A few key words from this manifesto, the same as the ones you'll read on the SB Nation Blues, Dive, Duck, Predator blogs. Ready?

...no matter what I say about their decrepit, run-down city, Detroit fans will find some way to cry about it. But if you think about it - that is such the epitome of their fanbase. Hardly any of them actually LIVE in Detroit city limits (find a Red Wings fan. Ask them where they're from. I bet you anything they're from like Ann Arbor or Ypsilanti or any number of other non-Detroit Michigan locales that you can hear about in a variety of Sufjan Stevens songs) and yet they all leap to whine and cry at you if you dare to invoke the fact that the city might as well be a war zone.

We know. We do. We get it.  Detroit's run down. We're all bandwagoners. None of us live within the city limits.

And the Wings have 11 Cups. And the Wings pose the most serious threat to Boston's perceived favorite status.  And the Wings play a style of hockey the Bruins are not comfortable with.

Got it.

And in case you're wondering whether I made up the fact that the Chowder blog is precisely like every other cookie cutter from SN Nation?

Never Forget:

Konstantinov, what a punk.

Creative.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

42jeff's avatar

Here monkey…click this

Huge Tits

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/05/13 at 06:56 PM ET

calquake's avatar

umm….it’s a buck?

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 10/05/13 at 07:54 PM ET

I’d pay at least 10

Posted by Hootinani on 10/05/13 at 07:56 PM ET

Same as downtown.

Posted by calquake on 10/05/13 at 06:57 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Aloha bitches. Somewhere, Murph is wasted.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 10/05/13 at 06:57 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Aloha bitches. Somewhere, Murph is wasted.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 10/05/13 at 07:57 PM ET

True….but he’s doing it in stylllleeee

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/05/13 at 06:58 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

I miss Murph

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 10/05/13 at 06:59 PM ET

monkey's avatar

umm….it’s a buck?

That’s no way to talk about a lady.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 10/05/13 at 07:00 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Same as downtown.
Posted by calquake on 10/05/13 at 07:57 PM ET

And that ignorant Beantown blogger claimed that weren’t any real Detroiters that are Wings fans

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/05/13 at 07:02 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

...ugh

Come on Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/05/13 at 07:02 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Weak one Jimmy

Posted by Hootinani on 10/05/13 at 07:02 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Fuch, that didn’t take long. Jimmah still in intermission?

calquake's avatar

Can’t afford to give up goals like that.

Posted by calquake on 10/05/13 at 07:04 PM ET

monkey's avatar

What am I, an invalid? I can’t do my own smut hunts?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 10/05/13 at 07:04 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Did I just see mule hustle?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/05/13 at 07:09 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

What am I, an invalid? I can’t do my own smut hunts?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 10/05/13 at 08:04 PM ET

Nope…just helping a brother out

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/05/13 at 07:10 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Sloppy passes out there….

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/05/13 at 07:10 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Haha…Ken quoting Slap Shot…good times

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/05/13 at 07:11 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

I can’t do my own smut hunts?

I’m sure there’s a website for that

Posted by Hootinani on 10/05/13 at 07:11 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

My favorite part of the game last night was going down to the glass for warmups. I don’t get to see our boys live often, and I’m sorry if I sound like an emo fanboi, but watching this team warm up just filled me with an awesome appreciation for what each and every one of these guys bring to the table.

truly

Great to finally meet you face to face. Please don’t tell me which of my buddies is gay. They are all UNC Tarhole fans, and generally the male fanbase tends to be a wee bit light in their loafers, so to speak.

Posted by dougie on 10/05/13 at 07:04 PM ET

hahahahahaha

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/05/13 at 07:12 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

..you take it, no you take it….. well let the other team get it…..Really?

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/05/13 at 07:14 PM ET

50/50 pucks are making me very sad so far this year

want more puck

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 10/05/13 at 07:15 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Uh-gin-la?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/05/13 at 07:17 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Chara . I am thinking I could work up a respectable amount of hatred by season’s end. Not Pronger or Perry industrial-strength hatred, but a decent, mid-level animosity.

Posted by dougie on 10/05/13 at 07:17 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

.....

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/05/13 at 07:17 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

ugh

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/05/13 at 07:17 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

This is pissing me off.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/05/13 at 07:18 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Next 3 goals HUGE

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/05/13 at 07:19 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Q looked a bit, shall we say, confused aboot his assignment on that goal against?

Posted by dougie on 10/05/13 at 07:20 PM ET

calquake's avatar

In other words… he looked normal.

Posted by calquake on 10/05/13 at 07:21 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by dougie on 10/05/13 at 08:20 PM ET

Are you talking about last night, or just now?

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/05/13 at 07:22 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

gotta say, this v00x HD link to FSD is remarkable.

42jeff's avatar

gotta say, this v00x HD link to FSD is remarkable.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/05/13 at 08:22 PM ET

I tried those VLC links…my internet here is so awful it was unwatcheable.  :(
  Got a damn wireless internet thing that drops out if a bird flies between it and the tower three miles away. Hopefully someday they’ll have cable out here in the boonies

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/05/13 at 07:24 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Tatar got too fancy pantsy.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/05/13 at 07:24 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

emmerton didn’t have much space when tatar dropped him that puck.  oh well, split second decision.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/05/13 at 07:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I tried those VLC links…my internet here is so awful it was unwatcheable.  :(

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 10/05/13 at 08:24 PM ET

I’m hip.  where my brother lives in shiawassee county he still has dial up.  my sister’s house a mile from him has line of sight to a tower that has a 900 MHz link but it is capped at about 1.0 Mbps.  So there is a lot of Michigan that does not have high speed internet.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/05/13 at 07:28 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Are you talking about last night, or just now?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/05/13 at 08:22 PM ET

Just now. Last night I just focused on the new guys. And Abby. I think we will have a top 5 power play before season’s end.

Posted by dougie on 10/05/13 at 07:29 PM ET

dougie's avatar

So there is a lot of Michigan that does not have high speed internet.

Or paved roads.

Posted by dougie on 10/05/13 at 07:31 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Can anyone take a clean pass?

Posted by Hootinani on 10/05/13 at 07:31 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I guess I’m being a Blog Hog tonight by posting every 8 minutes, but I think Alfredsson is going to bust out with several goals in a game or two.  He looks involved and will get a break soon.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 10/05/13 at 07:32 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/05/13 at 08:32 PM ET

Could he maybe start tonight?  He could show the rest of the team what they look like

Posted by Hootinani on 10/05/13 at 07:33 PM ET

ChowYunCat's avatar

The Wings have no legs tonight.  Bummer.

Posted by ChowYunCat on 10/05/13 at 07:35 PM ET