Abel to Yzerman

Two Word - Win Again

Paul here for Bill...

Now that the Nyquist fiasco is over with, we don't have to worry about any more roster moves until DeKeyser returns or someone else gets hurt.

So we will deal with that when the time comes, meanwhile, how does 2 wins in a row sound?

Now is the time for the Wings to put a nice winning streak together and move on up in the Eastern Conference standings.

On a positive note, the line of Franzen, Nyquist and Helm has some promise and I believe it all depends on what type of "Mule" shows up.

On the negative side, can we say Dan Cleary?

Babcock will start the game again with Cleary, Datsyuk and Bertuzzi but I wonder how long Cleary will remain with that line until we see someone like Tatar moving up?

Play a full game boys and win, again.

It's a live blog bitches!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

Nate A's avatar

How do some these shifts look like a power play and then there crap like those two goals where there’s no composure at all. Good grief.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/23/13 at 08:51 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Wasn’t that Quincey in front of the net who missed the clear attempt? I don’t know if anyone could have done any different, but since he is the standard whipping boy I will point him out.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/23/13 at 08:52 PM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

Cleary… PP… WHY!?!

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 11/23/13 at 08:53 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

We got to get rid of Smith and Q.. I

I don’t think you should hang either on Smith. Those were both Q specials.

Posted by MoreShoot on 11/23/13 at 08:53 PM ET

Well, that’s a frustrating end to the period…

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 11/23/13 at 08:54 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Good God we had that puck completely in our possession behind our net with no pressure and yet we never get it out and it ends up in our goal. Quincey and Smith together are a disaster waiting to happen.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/23/13 at 08:55 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Cleary… PP… WHY!?!

Posted by sjketcheson from Ottawa on 11/23/13 at 07:53 PM ET

This.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/23/13 at 08:55 PM ET

calquake's avatar

If you tell her you are a Red Wings fan she will not spit in your food.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 11/23/13 at 07:16 PM ET

I’d rather have that advise than an insider trading tip.

Posted by calquake on 11/23/13 at 08:57 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Quincey and Smith together are a disaster waiting to happen

Don’t a negative and a negative make a positive?  hmmm

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 11/23/13 at 08:57 PM ET

Chet's avatar

quincey looked like a lost puppy on that mcarthur goal.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 11/23/13 at 08:57 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

We got to get rid of Smith and Q.. I

I don’t think you should hang either on Smith. Those were both Q specials.

Posted by MoreShoot on 11/23/13 at 07:53 PM ET

It doesn’t matter..just get rid of them..put kindl on that list too

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 11/23/13 at 08:58 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Tell me if I’m being too hard on Howard.  But I just think he needs to be better.  He knows we have a young defense.  He’s a veteran now.  Shouldn’t he stand on his head once in awhile when the D screws up?

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/23/13 at 09:00 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

CrapOla, we spent about 12 minutes of that period Looking like we were on a power-play yet still are behind.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/23/13 at 09:01 PM ET

Chet's avatar

kindl does not deserve to be lumped in with smith, who in turn does not deserve to be lumped in with quincey.

this is smith’s 62nd game in the league, everyone. what’s Q’s excuse?

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 11/23/13 at 09:02 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/23/13 at 08:00 PM ET

That is exactly what Babcock said before the game.  Well, the same effect.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/23/13 at 09:03 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/23/13 at 08:00 PM ET

There’s very few on the Wings that doesn’t need to be bettter.  Forwards, defense and goaltending all can and must get better if the Wings plan on going past the first round.  For as crappy as they have been playing they are getting points and the Wings would be much worse off if they didn’t get the “loser” points.

Posted by calquake on 11/23/13 at 09:05 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/23/13 at 08:00 PM ET

No, you are not being too hard on Howard. He should be doing 5 million cartwheels, and all manner of   acrobatics if that what it takes to keep the puck out. Your assessment is pretty spot on.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/23/13 at 09:05 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

this is smith’s 62nd game in the league, everyone. what’s Q’s excuse?

Agreed. Smith is gonna be making mistakes while he learns. I can deal with that. I just wish we had a deeper defense so he could be sheltered more while he does.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/23/13 at 09:05 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I just spent the weekend up at Ormond Bch last month.  U still in state?

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 11/23/13 at 07:22 PM ET

No, not anymore. I got back here Monday night.

Ormond Beach of course is right there near where she lives and works.  She used to live in Daytona Beach but now lives north of that I think it is called Palm Coast north of Ormond Beach.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/23/13 at 09:08 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Overhead during the commercial break - the side effects of Androgel.  Terrifying.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 11/23/13 at 09:09 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

...Smith is gonna be making mistakes while he learns. I can deal with that. I just wish we had a deeper defense so he could be sheltered more while he does.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/23/13 at 08:05 PM ET

I agree.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/23/13 at 09:13 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Cheeses Christmas. This game is making me drink this Bombay Sapphire East gin straight from the bottle. Come to think of it it doesn’t take too much to start me doing that.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/23/13 at 09:14 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Ormond Beach of course is right there near where she lives and works

She workin at the Funky Pelican ?

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 11/23/13 at 09:15 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/23/13 at 08:00 PM ET

I was actually going to make a joke about Howard making so much money that he should not only stop the goals the other team puts into the back of the net, but the ones his own defensemen kick in as well …

There’s absolutely nothing he can do on that second goal.

Posted by SK77 on 11/23/13 at 09:17 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I wanted to hear two songs tonight. “One, two, 1, 2, 3, 4”.  And “It’s 9 o’clock on a Saturday” while in a good mood.

I also wanted to bone that singer’s wife but I never did. Yet.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/23/13 at 09:17 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I <3 Nyquist

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/23/13 at 09:19 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

She workin at the Funky Pelican ?

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 11/23/13 at 08:15 PM ET

Yes exactly right.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/23/13 at 09:20 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by monkey from Finland on 11/23/13 at 08:09 PM ET

It’s all bad. Humira is an injection for arthritis. Lymphoma, bacterial infections of the blood, and death, are just a few of the side effects. I’d rather suffer with my aches and pains once in a while than risk uh, DEATH. Aspirin, or Motrin. Maybe something a bit stronger when needed.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/23/13 at 09:20 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

What in the hell is going on here?

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/23/13 at 09:20 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I have it on good authority that you should not hold your breath for a GDT tomorrow.

Just sayin’

Posted by dougie on 11/23/13 at 09:21 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I <3 Nyquist

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/23/13 at 08:19 PM ET

Took me a long time to figure that one out… I thought it was a 3 with a boner.

Posted by calquake on 11/23/13 at 09:21 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Just sayin’

Fireball is a helluva drug.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 11/23/13 at 09:21 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

All of that BS and no goal.  Geez.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 11/23/13 at 09:23 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Took me a long time to figure that one out… I thought it was a 3 with a boner.

Well, if you’re gonna bone him once, why not three times?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 11/23/13 at 09:23 PM ET

Wow, I hope they’re getting as frustrated as I am, watching this.

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 11/23/13 at 09:24 PM ET

Trish's avatar

She workin at the Funky Pelican ?

Yes exactly right.

We talked aboot going there but ended up somewhere else.  Next time. . . .

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 11/23/13 at 09:24 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Took me a long time to figure that one out… I thought it was a 3 with a boner.

maaaybe….

oooh cmon shoot da friggin puck smitty

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/23/13 at 09:25 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Just sayin’

Posted by dougie on 11/23/13 at 08:21 PM ET

Maybe you could do a Co-host GDT for your guest, Dougie. If nothing else, it would be interesting.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 11/23/13 at 09:26 PM ET

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Smith had 5 shots in the first and he passes THAT one up?

Now we go shorthanded. Holy fuch. Is anyone else losing it like I am? This is ridiculous.

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 11/23/13 at 09:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

So cleary is having an impact on this game. Negating all the momentum they’ve been skating their asses off for the last five minutes.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 11/23/13 at 09:27 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »