Abel to Yzerman

Trust In The Yzerplan

The Wings will have their work cut out for them this weekend. Tonight’s game against the Hawks is not going to be an easy one. They’re hungry and angry.

We're only four games in, but, this Wings team is starting to look better, and, are playing with more confidence. They will have a couple more players out because of Covid protocol. That's just the way this season will go on.

We’ll just have to hang in there, trust in the Yzerplan, keep our fingers crossed, and, hope the guys are for real.

It’s a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

calquake's avatar

Howdy Katie. I’m not all that concerned aboot wins and losses this season. I want two things as a fan. I want to see overall improvement from the team and I want to be entertained. Last year was painful to watch.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, "Stay the F away from me" on 01/22/21 at 07:38 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, “Stay the F away from me” on 01/22/21 at 07:38 PM ET

I’m with ya Quaker. All I expect is a good time, and, an entertaining distraction from all the crap that’s been thrown at us this past year.  wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/22/21 at 07:42 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Darren Dreger of TSN reporting tonight is a deal is moving forward for Dubois.  Some teams have been told they are out of it and he believes the Jets are still in it along with few teams.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/22/21 at 07:47 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Hey Kate, Cal and Paul!

And Ditto to what Cal said. Exactly!

I may not be on here much tonight with you all but in Spirit i will be.

Watching the game with my wife and she will get pissed if i am on the phone all night. I’m a real man! Lol

May the bong be strong and the REDWINGS atronger! Go Wings!!!

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/22/21 at 07:52 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Wings going 11/7 tonight.

Helm is in, Smith is not.  Djoos and Biega both in.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/22/21 at 07:55 PM ET

calquake's avatar
I’m a real manLol

You must be because you’re certainly atronger than I am.  cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, "Stay the F away from me" on 01/22/21 at 07:57 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Ken & Mick staying safe in the studio.

Sort of like Ernie Harwell in his early days “recreating” games from reports off the teletype machine…..

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/22/21 at 07:57 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Mickey rocking the flannel.

I’ll be thinking of you to dog. Woff, woff… wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/22/21 at 07:58 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

I smell that bad?

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/22/21 at 07:58 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Thanks for the updates Paul.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/22/21 at 07:58 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I smell that bad?

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/22/21 at 07:58 PM ET

You did say you were a real man….. ohh

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/22/21 at 08:00 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

2/3rds of the 2nd line out with COVID protocol.  This doesn’t bode well..

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 01/22/21 at 08:04 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

I just got the Atronger! Lol all thumbs!

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/22/21 at 08:07 PM ET

calquake's avatar

2/3rds of the 2nd line out with COVID protocol.  This doesn’t bode well..

Remember what I said earlier aboot being entertained? That’s my wish at this juncture.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, "Stay the F away from me" on 01/22/21 at 08:07 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I just got the Atronger! Lol all thumbs!

Just keeping things light. It’s all good.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, "Stay the F away from me" on 01/22/21 at 08:10 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Drop the puck!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/22/21 at 08:15 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Howdy 19. Hay Cal. Don’t ya mean keep the bong lit?  LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 01/22/21 at 08:15 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

That’s great, and I’m on board with that.  But tonight we’re playing the Blackhawks.

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 01/22/21 at 08:15 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Brome-Seltzer? wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/22/21 at 08:16 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

PooBah in the House!

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/22/21 at 08:16 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Larkin SMFH!

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/22/21 at 08:17 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

With a Wings victory and Dallas beating Nashville in regulation..The Boys are tied for 1st place… cheese

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/22/21 at 08:17 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Hay Cal. Don’t ya mean keep the bong lit?  LGRW

I have no idea what you are talking aboot.  smile

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, "Stay the F away from me" on 01/22/21 at 08:17 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 01/22/21 at 08:22 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 01/22/21 at 08:22 PM ET

Talk aboot attention to detail.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, "Stay the F away from me" on 01/22/21 at 08:25 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

(Or your cataracts.  Put the Windex away.)

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 01/22/21 at 08:25 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

Ask me what I tried before I figured it out.  LOL

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 01/22/21 at 08:25 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Ahoy! as Chief may say, so I’ll go along.

Other topic, I was just reading that SpaceX now has over 1,000 500 lb Starlink satellites in low earth orbit.  They have auto collison avoidance radar and mini propulsion systems to maneuver away from other space objects.  Very creative, and scary.

I also would just like to see the Wings improve in game play although won’t be upset when/if they miss the playoffs.  Being so bad compared to the rest of the league last year was a real downer.  They seem to have some offensive problems still but we’ll see.

Thanks for the blog again Kate, nice to see everybody again.

Posted by RWBill on 01/22/21 at 08:26 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

Alright, it’s online game night, so Ken and Mick get muted and I get to half pay attention to friends I’m kinda sorta playing Jackbox games with.  At least I’m already into my second margarita.

Cheers all.  LGRW!

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 01/22/21 at 08:29 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

The Meijer logos are overlays that are moving around.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/22/21 at 08:29 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I would sometimes get a ‘dirty’ gray streak against a hockey background on a previous tv, but I replaced it under warranty and got a new tv and this one, a different model, doesn’t have the gray streaks the other one often did.  Nice picture work with the arrows also lol.

Posted by RWBill on 01/22/21 at 08:29 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Posted by The Meal

I can’t Not see that smudge now…thanks.. hmmm

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/22/21 at 08:31 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

The Meijer logos are overlays that are moving around.

Whew!  It’s not JUST my eyes?  Could mean somebody else’s as well lol.

Posted by RWBill on 01/22/21 at 08:31 PM ET

calquake's avatar

At least I’m already into my second margarita.

The Meijer logos are overlays that are moving around.

And how many margaritas have you had PooBah?  LOL

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, "Stay the F away from me" on 01/22/21 at 08:32 PM ET

calquake's avatar

poop

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, "Stay the F away from me" on 01/22/21 at 08:35 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Dammit, somebody wipe the camera lens!

Posted by RWBill on 01/22/21 at 08:35 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Arrggghhh! shut eye

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/22/21 at 08:36 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Greiss was confused by the gray spot too.

Kane has some nice hands.

Posted by RWBill on 01/22/21 at 08:36 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Bieaga a little soft on his coverage there..

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/22/21 at 08:37 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Merde. Get er back LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 01/22/21 at 08:37 PM ET

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »