Abel to Yzerman

Total Wingaholics

I have to believe that everyone who joins in an LB this season knows the likely outcome of the game on any given night. Going forward into the rest of the season with barely any expectations is the best way to proceed. It's not a knock on the Wings. It's just reality, and that's alright. It has been many, many years since the team has been in this spot, but, we're still here, never wavering. There is a nice balance here at A2Y of old timers and younger fans too. That makes for a nice mixture of good fans and total Wingaholics.

It's an early evening Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

Paul's avatar

Stopping in to thank some of the 19 who have donated to the KK Donation Drive today.

A big help at this time of year.

And this via Wakiji tweet,

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Kate!

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 11/29/19 at 03:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Thank you Kate and PK!

No doubt we’re in for a little afternoon delight from Philly!

Posted by RWBill on 11/29/19 at 04:04 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Afternoon everybody….  Poobah in the house!

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 11/29/19 at 04:07 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 11/29/19 at 04:10 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Well they’ve improved since Toronto game, took 3 minutes for the opponent to get a one on zero breakaway and score 5-hole.

Posted by RWBill on 11/29/19 at 04:15 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Somebody got sliced

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 11/29/19 at 04:22 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Whoot! about damn time.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 11/29/19 at 04:24 PM ET

Paul's avatar

If you are not watching, Todd Bertuzzi doing the intermission talk, says he wants to see the Wings finish their chedks and play a little more physical.

Hire the guy!

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/29/19 at 05:03 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

He wants to see the Wings finish their checks and play a little more physical. - I agree the Wings should be called Charmin they are so soft.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 11/29/19 at 05:05 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Bert and Erne Line!  YES!!!

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 11/29/19 at 05:13 PM ET

Coming in late, like I was on Wednesday until I saw 0-6 big surprise

LGRW

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/29/19 at 05:19 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Happy Friday! Philly fans are an awful bunch. I lived there for 13 years and braved my way through many sporting events, moving right through mouthy, obnoxious fans. No class in any venue there… Just sayin…..

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/29/19 at 05:32 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

1-2 So far. Not bad I guess. LOL

Posted by bigfrog on 11/29/19 at 05:33 PM ET

Philly fans are an awful bunch.
Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/29/19 at 05:32 PM ET

That’s about the nicest way to possibly put things.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/29/19 at 05:35 PM ET

Arm around waist doesn’t equal holding?  OK, then.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/29/19 at 05:36 PM ET

Philly fans are an awful bunch.

On the other end of the continuum, I was at Bell Centre last night. First class all the way around.

Posted by Squarewheels from The Land of Unhealthy Scratching on 11/29/19 at 05:38 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I will attend a game there before I kick the bucket. wink  My second favorite team…..

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/29/19 at 05:42 PM ET

Budd Lynch goal…...crappies

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/29/19 at 05:43 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

shut eye

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/29/19 at 05:43 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Pickard has learned the Detroit goalie body language after the 3rd goal.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/29/19 at 05:45 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Goat-sex-bear? What kind of a name is that?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/29/19 at 05:45 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Uncle Todd!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/29/19 at 05:46 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

1-3 after two. At least we get to see Todd. cheese

Posted by bigfrog on 11/29/19 at 05:57 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I had to drive around a bit during that period, I like play by play guys, but Paul Woods quick color comments made me squeamish.

“No goals but Franz Nielsen is an effective NHL player.”
“Andreas Athenasiou one of the most dangerous players in the National Hockey League.”
“.. Glendening one of the hardest players to play against in the National Hockey League.”

With these comments by Paul Woods you’d think the Wings should be contending for a Division first place at least.

Posted by RWBill on 11/29/19 at 06:01 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Goat-sex-bear? What kind of a name is that?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/29/19 at 05:45 PM ET

Yes !  Thank you, I have been trying to remember what we called him.

Posted by RWBill on 11/29/19 at 06:02 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

1-4. The usual. sick

Posted by bigfrog on 11/29/19 at 06:03 PM ET

sick

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/29/19 at 06:03 PM ET

shut eye  sick  shut eye

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/29/19 at 06:04 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

1-5 How bad can they play? shock

Posted by bigfrog on 11/29/19 at 06:05 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Is it too early to pull the goalie for the extra attacker… confused

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/29/19 at 06:05 PM ET

From 1-2 to 1-5 in less than 2 minutes.  I’m at a loss for words.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 11/29/19 at 06:06 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

DRD they should do their goalies a favor out of respect at this point in the game anyway.

Posted by RWBill on 11/29/19 at 06:06 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Updated GD by period, I think.
-22
-17

Posted by RWBill on 11/29/19 at 06:10 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hola 19. Just got in from the mountains and now realizing this game has started. Unfortunately the Wings appear to be late also.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 11/29/19 at 06:10 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

but Paul Woods quick color comments made me squeamish.

I loved Woods as a player. He was a heart and soul guy. I guess I even liked him as Bruce Martyn’s partner, but a few years ago I just had to stop listening to the radio broadcast because I found Woods monotone voice and team friendly critique of the wings too much.

I do like Ken Kal

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/29/19 at 06:11 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Sorry, my mistake. Math is hard.
-23
-19

Posted by RWBill on 11/29/19 at 06:15 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Yeah DRD I hear ya. That’s the reason I got rid of XFM. Too much following the corporate line instead getting getting an honest point of view from the broadcasters.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 11/29/19 at 06:18 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/29/19 at 06:11 PM ET

I can get over his over enthusiastic homerisms but I detest how he babbles on and and on and speaks over Ken Kal all the time. He needs to shut the F up! And call the game. And he always goes on about stats for everyone and anyone if they are playing in the game or not he is supposed to be calling.

Hi all! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Sorry to be negative.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 11/29/19 at 06:19 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I just stepped out to grab a lottery ticket and it looks like the Wings just stepped in it…. ohh  A big steaming pile of in it….

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/29/19 at 06:21 PM ET